January 2023 Moms

Fit Friday Sept 30th

Happy Friday!

How is everyone doing staying active?  What are your current favorite activities?  Are there prenatal specific programs any one has tried and enjoyed this far?  

Re: Fit Friday Sept 30th

• I’m feeling really good about my exercise routine! Pure Barre is having their Fall Fit Challenge and it’s really helping me stay engaged and on track. I’ve definitely slowed down on some parts of the class but am trying to make up for it by staying strong in other parts.

I also try to incorporate peloton prenatal yoga classes here and there and plan to up this over these next couple of months. I definitely recommend checking them out if you have a membership. There are a lot of classes and some teach you the modifications for non-prenatal classes. 
  • @r_kenn99 that's awesome! Good to know about the peloton prenatal yoga. 

I've been running a lot more than I thought I would at this point, my mileage was less at this point with my first. Other than running, I've been lifting weights a couple times a week. I really should get yoga into my routine, but haven't yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Anyone get bad pelvic pain during pregnancy, and how do you continue exercising around it? I can barely lift my legs to walk upstairs now. (Dr says my body doesn't adjust to baby's weight like it should.) It's frustrating because I work out regularly and lose so much ability having to stop for 40 weeks.
  • @shelbymaybe have you seen a physical therapist, or pelvic PT?  I've found the content on womeninmotion_wellness on IG helpful.