May 2023 Moms

Product Spotlight: Bottle Feeding Supplies

Share your recommendations and ask questions about anything a mama needs for bottle feeding! This can include formula, bottles/nipples, bottle racks, warmers, etc.

Re: Product Spotlight: Bottle Feeding Supplies

• I exclusively pumped with DD, which I like to say was the best and worst of both worlds when it comes to feeding. :p 
    • I supplemented with formula for a few days after DD was born, and my hospital gave me Enfamil NeuroPro premade bottles. She took it well, but since newborns fill up with just a couple teaspoons, I had to discard the rest of the 2oz bottle after she drank it. 
    • Once my milk came in, I used Phillips Avent Natural Baby Bottles. These are sold with the "slow flow" nipple (size 1), but with a newborn, you will need to separately order a "first flow" (size 0) nipple
    • We have the Boon Grass Drying Rack and still use it for sippy cups!. The style we have is long and skinny and fits between our sink and knife rack. I can't find it so I'm not sure if they stopped making it.
  • All suggestions welcomed! Thank you @hestia-is-wearie for getting this thread started. I will not be able to breastfeed my baby, so definitely need to do my research on bottle feeding options. This will be so helpful to hear other people’s experiences and recommendations!
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ve been using the Dr. Brown anti-colic bottles this time around and have had no issues and think they’re pretty good. DS has definitely been less colic-y than DD, not sure if it’s the bottles or giving a prebiotic. 
    I’ve always used the Boon drying grass. It’s the best and so versatile. 
    And we’ve been using plain Enfamil (and store brands). No negative comments about it! It’s available and it works. I had LMS and couldn’t produce enough and after a month had to stop pumping/triple feeding for sanity. 
    For this baby, I’m hoping the feeding situation will be different, but I’ll just get some ready made Enfamil and a can of formula to be prepared and go from there.