March 2023 Moms

Product Spotlight: Pillows and Sleep Gear

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. Feel free to comment on threads like these throughout your time at the board, not just when they're in their week in the spotlight, if you discover something new OR are new to the board. This week it's.... Pillows and Sleep gear!

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. You can use any or all the prompts relevant to you below to share info in an easy-to-read format. Pictures/screen grabs are welcome!

Re: Product Spotlight: Pillows and Sleep Gear

• I bought the snoogle and loved it in the beginning. Towards the end of the pregnancy, I needed more belly support so I was bringing it up under my belly. I also needed to put another regular pillow between my ankles for more hip support. 
  • I bought a special U-shaped pregnancy pillow my first time around, and it ended up being uncomfortable. So now I use two cheap body pillows, one for my front, and one for my back. My husband sleeps with one as well, so our king bed is filled with pillows!
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought the Snoogle with my first pregnancy and it was ok. I don’t think there’s any magic one pillow that can carry you through. For now I’m using my usual Tempurpedic pillow and another pillow between my legs as needed because they tend to get achy during pregnancy for me. Once I have to firmly sleep on my side I’ll try the Snoogle again, but I’m not sure if it will be enough head/neck support. 
  • I used the Snoogle with my first, and it was ok. I don't like to put my head on it, as I like down pillows to actually sleep on. I did like the shape for my knees/hips and as I got further along I tucked it under my belly. I like having a body pillow on the other side so I have support on the front and back. 
  • I also bought the Snoogle the first time around but it gave me a big knot in my back that was terrible! I also like down pillows. I ended up using a pillow to snuggle with and one between my legs towards the end. I am also a stomach sleeper so had so much adjusting to do. Waah!
  • I had a c-shaped pillow from Amazon that I loved and I honestly can’t wait to pull it out again 🤣 it was so comfy and I basically just snuggled it and my husband I think felt left out 🤣
  • As a belly-sleeper, I am not looking forward to not being able to sleep the way I usually do!  Last time I had a hideous body pillow that was very comfy and kept me from rolling. I’m sure I’ll go that route again (maybe this time not so hideous).
  • I'm a back sleeper and it's been SO hard to try to sleep on my side. I'm definitely going to try a u shaped pillow, maybe one from Amazon. 
  • @auriculatus it's completely safe to sleep on your back as long as you're comfortable. The danger is when there's enough pressure on those main arteries and veins and when that happens you will know it! It will make you dizzy, short of breath, and nauseous which will force you to turn.

We have a queen size bed, and I like to snuggle with my husband off and in through the night so I never bothered with those huge pregnancy pillows. A nice firm pillow between for between my legs and then I bunched the blanket up behind my back if I needed it (I run hot at night while pregnant) worked well for me. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I busted out my snoogle because I've been a little uncomfortable while sleeping the past week or so, and oh man I forgot how much I love it haha. It's so damn comfortable. 
  • Found the pillow thread! Thank you @miss_lynn9

I really don’t want a big pillow because I like being close to my husband and we don’t have a huge bed.. but my normal extra pillow and stuffed animal 😂 aren’t working this time. I’m looking at getting that pillow that’s kinda shaped like a butterfly instead of the traditional massive one. But I’m not sure if it’s worth it.. 
  • @TortugaAzul I got the Boppy Side Sleeper pillow, which is one of the butterfly looking ones. I’ve had it for over a month, and at first it didn’t help me to stay on my side. But once my bump started making more of an appearance I seem to fit more snuggly and stay on my side better. That said, this pillow has been a life-saver for bad heartburn nights when I’ve had to sleep sitting up. I wedge it around my lower back/butt and it has made sleeping upright much more comfy! It’s also been easier to sleep upright and on my side.