January 2023 Moms

Just here for the SEX!

Boy, girl, or team green?!

Once you find out (if you are going to), fill out the poll and add a comment!

Just here for the SEX! 57 votes

Team Boy 💙
42% 24 votes
Team Girl ❤
43% 25 votes
Team Green 💚
14% 8 votes
Boy/girl Twins!
0% 0 votes

Re: Just here for the SEX!

• Staying green this time! 💚 I’m sure the wait will drive me nuts, but in the end I think we’ll be happy to be surprised. It helps that I have zero preference on the sex (other than for names 😆). I know H does but he still wants to be Team Green. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Even before I was pregnant, several family members constantly offered their unwelcome opinion that I’m “definitely gonna have a boy”. 🙄 And even now that I’m pregnant, people still find it necessary to tell me it’s gonna be a boy. I now get to laugh at all those people because we’re having a girl! 
  • @L1C4gal that's awesome! I already have 1 of each and also have no preference. I want to be team green mostly bc it would make my mom so angry 😆. But since this is our last baby, I would also love to get rid of half of the clothes in our basement this summer. So we'll see what we decide to do!
  • @jennifer_louise oooh that’s a tough choice! Personally, I’d choose spite 😆 but maybe that’s just me!
  • @r_kenn99 I haven’t found out yet, but my family are doing the same thing! H side of the family tend to be boys, but my side of the family tend to be girls. I said it’s a tossup but keep hearing from his side and him that it’s still probably a boy. I’d love to have either since it’s my first, but having a girl would be satisfying just to prove them wrong 😂
  • We had our embryos tested so we knew it was a girl from the start (we have 2 boys) 
  • My Sneak Peak results should be in by the end of the day or tomorrow! Im so excited but also a little hesitant because so many people said they were wrong lol but also I feel like a lot of those could have been user error and i definitely made sure I did it right and didn’t cross contaminate!
  • Congrats @tryingktogku - so exciting for your son to have a brother! But yeah IKWYM about wanting more confirmation, hopefully you'll get that soon. 💙
  • @anniez85 @knottie

Congrats on your baby BOYS!! Baby boys are amazing. 💙💙
  • So many BOYS! Me too! Boy boom! Any girls out there for these boys?lol
  • We did our gender reveal yesterday and we’re having a baby girl 💕💕 
    now time to start planning!
  • sleepyhead003sleepyhead003 member
    edited July 2022
    @r_kenn99 People keep telling me I’m having a boy, too. Every. Single. Person. Even at this life planning center I went to, the nurse was practicing doing ultrasounds and she called the baby a “him” and then apologized and said “the baby”. Seriously, I have boy vibes in a way but really hoping for a girl! I have all girl clothes and toys from my 9 and 10 year old still. It’d be nice not have to get more things. But that’s just convenience, so it’s not important.
  • We just found out we are having a girl! We had multiple people guess that we were going to have a girl which made me think it would be a boy just because how often are people actually right about these sorts of things.  Got the NIPT results back and sure enough everyone was right this time  :D
  • Is this your first baby?beccaneu?congrats! I have a girl
  • Congratulations. I find out next week but my sisters are forcing me to have a gender reveal so I wont know right away lol Plus I think its a girl because everyone keeps saying its a boy 🥴 
  • Knottie, She will be my second child but first girl.  I currently have a 3 year old son.  I’m super excited to have one of each.  :)
  • beccaneu I have a 2 half year daughter and having a boy. 
  • @sparklingdiamond how old is your DS again? My DD has a little brother and said "this time I want a sister" so we will probably have to deal with a little bit of her disappointment if this LO is a boy too 😆. 

However later she kind of came around and said "okay, I will still love to have another baby brother, as long as I'm still the oldest!!" (She's 5, almost 6)
  • @jennifer_louise He is currently 8 and then my daughter is 3.  He was like oh no a third sister!!  (we still very much include our stillborn daughter as part of the family :heart:).  So then I was like well you are special because you will get to teach her so many things too!
  • Just found out we are having a boy!! I was thinking boy and hoping boy but was sure the test was going to come back saying girl! I teared up a little, my 7 yo ds was shouting “boy! Boy! Boy!” And my 4 yo dd cried of disappointment. Their dad was in just as much shock as me, he really thought girl.  Lots of emotions! 
  • Has anyone found out as early as 13wks? I’m going for my sono on the 14th. I didn’t want to know until I gave birth but I was in the hospital last week and the sonogram tech slipped up and now I want to know.
  • @their_beauty4 we found out at 10 weeks with NIPT but when I went for the NT scan at 13weeks the tech confirmed it was a girl. Baby was positioned just right. 
  • Congratulations 🎊 
  • So many boys in  January!
  • klamsb5klamsb5 member
    edited July 2022
    I have 2 boys and 2 girls, and this pregnancy is most similar to my boys. Hubs has 2 daughters so he's really hoping for a boy, and his entire family too. This is our only one together and last baby for us.  We hope to find out at Tuesday 7/26 ultrasound.... but we're having a gender reveal this time and only mil will know until the party. It's so hard waiting.... 
  • My ultrasound yesterday confirmed a boy at 15 weeks. I did sneak peak at 7 weeks it said boy too. I have a 2 half year old daughter. This is our last. @klamsb5 the waiting is very hard! Especially if you wait untill the 20 week us.
  • Why did you think it was a girl?
  • @nuggetsmomma21Why did you think it was a girl? I thought mine was too🤣 I'm just as sick!!!
  • Based on my cravings of sweets and fruit I was sure we were having another girl, but bloodwork just confirmed we are having a baby boy! Life is full of surprises
  • knr1021knr1021 Just Joined
    This is my second baby. My first pregnancy with my son was pretttty darn smooth and dare I saw almost easy in comparison to some! This one has been rougher from the start, so I had a hunch it was a girl. Confirmed by NIPT that it is a girl! We’re ecstatic and very much hoping the NIPT is correct since we’ve already gotten some clothes 🤣
  • Girl, here! We have: boy, girl, boy, girl. Broke the pattern!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did IvF and fortunate to have 5 viable embryos- 4 male, 1 female. So we transferred male. It’s kind of odd having known from the beginning like before I was even pregnant but my husband really wanted a boy for our first child. If we decide to have a second we will transfer girl. Anyone else out there who knew through PGTA with IVF? Feel a little like I missed out on some of the excitement of finding out haha. But I guess having the control is nice. We’d love to have 1 of each if the girl transfer is successful. 
  • @Knottie1459345656 I knew we were transferring a male embryo. But it didn’t matter to me or take excitement away, as this is a surrogacy and not my baby.