Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby acne

Hi mamas! My baby has acne :( I was curious on how long your baby had acne for.

Re: Baby acne

• Mine had a little spattering of acne for about a week. I changed his soap to Pipette’s sensitive skin formula and started bathing him less often with soap. We bathe with water only about three times a week and sometimes use it as shampoo only. Once a week we bathe him with soap all over. Also, we use CeraVe baby lotion every now and then as needed. I hope this helps! 
  • My baby had acne and it was when we started with Formula :(
  • Loading the player...
  • aantonio15aantonio15 member
    edited May 2023
    Our baby’s acne just cleared up, which lasted for 2.5 weeks. Many, esp drs will tell you to just leave it, but our baby’s acne turned into eczema (which never bothered her, so it didn’t itch) and it dried up so badly it looked like craddle cap all over her forehead and parts of her face.

We bathed her in warm water and left it alone in the first week, but as it got worst, it was suggested to me to try my breast milk. It seemed to help with the inflammation and redness but not much else.

So further research directed me to Cerave baby wash and shampoo for her baths 2-3 a week and Mustela No Rinse Cleansing water, which I used to clean off her affected area (lots of flaky dry skin by this point), then followed it with coconut oil for hydration. I did this every day in the last week 3x a day. After a consistent routine for 7 days, her skin is now clear and smooth again!!
  • My baby had some mild acne. Only change I did was her lotion. Started to use bubbsi whipped coconut oil body cream. Noticed improvement the first day. Cleared up within the week. It is recommended to use after bathing and I would bathe my baby every other day. 3 times a week. Got this product on Amazon. Hopefully this helps.
  • My 3 week old just got baby acne and our pediatrician said to just leave it alone for now :) 
  • My sister made aloe vera water for my son’s face and it literally was gone two days later.
  • My son got horrible acne, I just started to wipe his face every night with just water and his wash cloth, then I put a thin coat of aquaphor over it. Some days I put a little bit of breast milk. Over a few days it’s completely gone.