Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby acne

Hi!

My son is three weeks old and is starting to get a little neonatal acne. I’m just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or had experienced it. The pediatrician said it should clear up within a few weeks without any treatment besides regular washing with baby shampoo/body wash. 

What kinds of shampoo/ body wash do y’all like? We are currently using the original J&J baby stuff. The pediatrician didn’t recommend anything in particular, so I’m interested in what others have found to be best for their kids. My husband has sensitive skin and I have very oily skin. Not sure about LO yet. 

Thanks!

Re: Baby acne

• Options
    My son is experiencing this as well. What did you end up using? 
  • Options
    @Knottie1454107691 We switched to water baths twice a week and Pipette’s fragrance free wash once a week. His skin cleared up almost entirely. I’m not sure it’s from the new product, fewer baths, or just time going by. I like the Pipette stuff because it still has a little scent and doesn’t dry out my hands, which means it’s gentle on his skin too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started using Mustela No Rinse Baby Micellar Water I grabbed from Target and my babies face cleared up in 3 days. I would apply it at every morning, night and diaper change.
  • Options
    My daughter has the same skin problem and the doctor said the same to me that it will clear on its own. I’m using Happy Cappy cream and I already see some progress.
  • Options
    My son has it on his nose, if you’re breastfeeding you can take your milk and put it where the baby acne is. It’ll help it go away, that’s what I’ve been doing and its slowly disappearing.
  • Options
    i used the baby aquaphor and it cleared him up right away! literally just 2 days. :))
  • Options
    Tubby Todd ointment, literally a life saver!!!
  • Options
    tish87tish87 member
    edited July 2022
    I put breast milk on my LO’s face and it cleared up her acne.
  • Options
    My baby started to have acne just after 2 weeks. It looked like a rash but doctor confirmed baby acne. I wiped her face 2 to 3 times a day with cooled boiled water rather than tap and applied aveeno baby eczema cream ( not lotion). It comes in a jar. This helped it clear up very well. 
    Also, make sure to keep their hands off the face or wipe the baby's hands as they put it in their mouth and touch face after. Saliva causes breakouts too