2nd Trimester

Breast pump recommendation spectra 1, spectra 2 or medela

I tried to look and didn't see anything recently posted. I got my Rx from my ob yesterday to get a breast pump with my insurance. I have no idea which one I should try to get. 
I am 23 weeks and scheduled  at 39 weeks for a C-section so unless something changes he will be here 9-27 or sooner.
Which is better and why? Spectra 1, Spectra 2 or a Medela pump in style? Or another type of Medela?
Thanks for your help 😁

Re: Breast pump recommendation spectra 1, spectra 2 or medela

• I loved my Spectra 1.  The Spectra 2 was covered by my insurance and I had to pay $75 to upgrade to the Spectra 1.  Hands down the best 75 dollars I have ever spent.  I ended up exclusively pumping for 16 months.  I loved that it had a battery, so I could take it wherever I needed it.  It moved around the house throughout the day as my son became more active.  I could take it on road trips and pump in the back seat.  I sat it in the bed with me during lots of middle of the night pumps and didn't have to worry about some crazy angle or position to reach the wall outlet.  

I only have experience with a Medela pump in the hospital, so I can't really speak about a  comparison there.  But I pumped for over 1000 hours on the Spectra 1.  Let me know if you have more specific questions.  
  • Agreed. I’ve owned a Medela PISA and Spectra 1. I preferred the Medela parts because they were more comfortable, but the customization, suction power and portability of the Spectra 1 is awesome. Being stuck just out of reach of your child while pumping is tough if they start to cry, and if you have any other children forget about it.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • There are battery packs that work with the Spectra 2, so even if it doesn't have it internally, you wouldn't be bound to the wall for that one either. I've heard good things about Spectra pumps and I was glad that my insurance covered it.
  • Spectra hands down! It was recommended to me by all 3 lactation consultants I saw for my daughter. I was able to exclusively pump (and even had a slight oversupply) for several months with my Spectra. It depends on if you can be near a plug or if portability is important to you for picking one vs two. 
  • Thank you, I went with the spectra S2. I would have had to pay an additional $125 for the battery option. I stay at home so I don't think the power supply will be a huge deal and if I'm out of the house my vehicle has an outlet plug in it.