Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 6.6

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ballgame. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?: 

GTKY: It's summer, it's hot outside, and you're headed to the ice cream parlor. What's your go-to order when you walk up to the counter? (And if you don't like ice cream, tell us about a season-specific going out treat of your choice.)
History
I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 6.6

• Options
    Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL, MFI, Possible Funky Blood

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): IVF

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Menopur, Ganirelix, Trigger, Retrieval, and hopefully a fresh transfer! 

How are things going?: Did I cry yesterday when a little bit of my menopur spilled, yes, yes I did. Did my husband then spend 15 minutes assuring me that what spilled is probably fine? Yes he did. Otherwise its going well we are two injections in. 

Any questions?: Not really, I am just like stupid anxious

GTKY: It's summer, it's hot outside, and you're headed to the ice cream parlor. What's your go-to order when you walk up to the counter? (And if you don't like ice cream, tell us about a season-specific going out treat of your choice.)  Oo thats a hard one, I love ice cream but am lactose intolerant.   I do love a good cookies and cream, I also love fro yo and get whatever I want at fro yo places. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingermama29 How are you working on Italian?  I have been working on Spanish forever and I FAIL!  Also we have a couple local ice cream joints that make their own flavors and I love exploring them. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited June 2022
    @mambo5-2 I’m on Duolingo. There are frustrating aspects of it but I’ve learned a ton in the almost 4 weeks I’ve been working on it. We ended up getting the paid version and it was well worth it. I took 6 years of French in school and remembered a lot which has helped with Italian and let me test out of 26 levels of French on the app.
  • Options

@mambo5-2 Oh no! I probably would have cried too.

@gingermama29 Learning Italian sounds like so much fun! Are you using an app to help you?

Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL, old, unknown

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): TI

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): I had my SHG this morning. This RE is not the most expansive when he talks, so pretty much all I got it that I have a retrograde uterus and all looks good.

How are things going?: He gave us the go-ahead to keep trying with timed intercourse for the next three months. He wants to wait to start me on Clomid because he doesn’t think I need it, but was willing to prescribe it sooner if I want it. It’s not an issue for this month (I’m past the window to take it), but I guess I’ll see how I feel the start of next cycle and decide whether to push the issue.

Any questions?: Thoughts on taking Clomid if you ovulate fine on your own? I know there can still be a benefit of possibly ovulating more than one egg, but anything else I should take into account?

GTKY: It's summer, it's hot outside, and you're headed to the ice cream parlor. What's your go-to order when you walk up to the counter? (And if you don't like ice cream, tell us about a season-specific going out treat of your choice.) Mint chocolate chip ice cream on a cone!

• Options
    @abjm0325 I've taken clomid and ovulate completely on my own, they had me do it to try to force my progesterone's higher. 

TW in Spoiler

It worked, and I did carry to term, it was after my twin loss and then a 7 week loss back to back. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @kiki047 I am imagining dad jokes during a transfer and it just is making me giggle.  FX those little embryos find a nice comfy spot in your ute!
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @mambo5-2 glad to hear things are going well, but I can relate about crying over spilled meds. There's a lot at stake, I assure you that's not the only thing you'll cry about before the end of this cycle. You've got this, girl! <3  Also, fellow lactose intolerant sucker here - I love ice cream so I like to punish myself by eating it anyway. 
    And yes, major dad jokes lol. He always makes the same joke about the embryos looking like MH, and this time I joked back that I hope they have smaller heads [than MH]. So he yells through the window into the embryology lab, "Hey guys, did you make sure you thawed the ones with small heads?" :lol: 
    @gingermama29 FX for this cycle! I also love that you're learning Italian. We did the same when we were trying to learn some Portuguese before our trip (that was subsequently cancelled), and I kind of want to get back into it just for something to do. 
    @abjm0325 I do still think there is some value in taking the Clomid even if you ovulate on your own. It essentially works by blocking the estrogen receptors in your brain thereby tricking your body into making more FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) which is good for egg production. So even if it doesn't make you grow more than one follicle, in theory it is supposed to help things along and make sure that the follicle(s) that do get released are hopefully bigger and better and ready to be fertilized. Clomid has more known side effects than letrozole, thinning the lining being the most concerning, but it is otherwise the "gold standard" of ovulation induction drugs and is pretty much the first line of defense for everyone starting down the IF path these days. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @kiki047 I'm rofling at "Hey guys, did you make sure you thawed the ones with small heads?" I bet your embies were laughing in the womb. 

@abjm0325 +1 to Clomid possibly helping release more follicles, plus helping you have "stronger" ovulation (which, contrary to what you might be imagining, isn't oocyte shooting out of the follicle; rather, it just gives the corpus luteum additional gas to generate more progesterone.) 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    @mambo5-2 i'm sorry you're stressing so much! but i completely understand. i don't know if it's any help, but i too have spilled some of the medication at times, and i don't think it made any difference in the long run. based on my extensive internet survey of other people's retrieval cycles, it seems like amongst other things, lots of doctors fairly routinely bump dosages up and down, and unless it was a major spill, the difference in total quantity of dosage delivered is probably quite small.
    @gingermama29 oh man, peanut butter oreo ice cream sounds fabulous
    @abjm0325 i too am a mint chocolate chip gal. i would try to answer your clomid Q but i think the others have already hit the high notes.
    @kiki047 i totally understand the need to get away from social media while grieving. i hope you're able to find a way to remember your little cat. // I was hoping someone here would answer soft-serve. there used to be this wonderful soft serve place here when i was a kid that was one of my favorite post-park places to go. they knocked it down and some jerk built a mansion in its place. i still drive by sometimes and think of all the delicious childhood half-and-half swirls i ordered there. // also not fully relevant to your RE dad joke story, but i don't think i was fully prepared for how the embryology lab is like a mcdonald's drive-up window attached to the suite where they do the FETs and they pass important things like embryos and catheters back and forth through the window.

Diagnosis (if you've been): geriatric eggs

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): IVF

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): on birth control through june, suppression check on the 2nd of July.

How are things going?: I'm ok, super distracted by the end of the term and trying to get everything done. i'm going to be doing a bunch of traveling (just on the west coast but still lots of road miles) in june so will likely stay kind of distracted until the next cycle is upon me. I'm curious though how my AFC is going to look compared with this last time. I don't dare hope it's as good, but I at least hope it stays on the better end of my "normal."

Any questions?: Not really. like a freaking dunderhead i took my omnitrope vials out of the fridge the other evening to mix up a new vial (for those who haven't used it, you get 1 vial of powder, and another vial of bacteriostatic water, and before you start using a new vial you pull all the bacteriostatic water into a syringe and then inject it into one of the vials with powder). when i was done, i put the mixed vial into the fridge, but left all the unmixed vials out on the countertop and then didn't notice until i got home the next afternoon. so they spent most of 24 hours out of the fridge. omnitrope is like, really expensive, so i panicked and googled the sh** out of whether i'd ruined everything. turns out that it's mostly muscleheads who are commenting on this (hgh is a common performance-enhancing drug when taken in larger doses), but they all seemingly agree that leaving it out for a day probably won't make any really serious dent in its viability. i'm not sure if i believe a bunch of weightlifters who in any case are already mostly buying their hgh from dubious sources, but regardless, i don't have much choice in the matter as i can't afford to order another batch. IVF is just. so. many. details. to. keep. track. of. So I'm not exactly beating myself up about it but also I am kinda curious how much of an effect it would have, if any, on the viability of the drug.
    Obviously this isn't really a question unless any of you for some reason have insight.

GTKY: It's summer, it's hot outside, and you're headed to the ice cream parlor. What's your go-to order when you walk up to the counter? (And if you don't like ice cream, tell us about a season-specific going out treat of your choice.) Oh man, like I was saying to @kiki047, I have been daydreaming of late about a soft-serve cone, but that option isn't available. however there is a place in town that does really lovely ice cream with fresh fruit, and in season they do peach ice cream and i'd put that on a waffle cone and eat the whole dang thing.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • Options
    Diagnosis (if you've been): Unexplained

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): FET

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): We had our FET on 6/2! Our first ever. A 5AA, hatched embaby

How are things going?: Things are going well so far. Symptom spotting like crazy.

Any questions?: NATM

GTKY: It's summer, it's hot outside, and you're headed to the ice cream parlor. What's your go-to order when you walk up to the counter? (And if you don't like ice cream, tell us about a season-specific going out treat of your choice.) Always a Java Chip if they have it, otherwise definitely coffee with chocolate chips!
  • Options
    courtneyh7138courtneyh7138 member
    edited June 2022
    @kiki047 I'm 4dp5dt as well!  We also just recently lost a pet, our Beagle of 11 years. We put him to rest the Friday before our transfer and it was absolutely devastating! 
  • Options
    @optimistgardener Mixing meds is currently the most awful thing in my life.  I spilled meds you left the on the counter, the STRESS. Hugs lady. 

@courtneyh7138 welcome to our little corner of the interwebz. FX your embaby hangs around and you aren't with us long.  

Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    I for real forgot to post my rant about how bloated I am already.  SO BLOATED. Like 1/3 of the way through stims woohoo. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @mambo5-2 when is your next ultrasound? looking forward to hearing what progress you're making.
    History
  • Options
    @mambo5-2 oh no! Spilling meds is the worst. The first time I used a trigger shot my H squeezed so much out when prepping it. He wasn't allowed to be the prepper ever again.
    @gingermama29 Do you think your O day was actually the day after you O pain? I'm wondering as I had some general uterine cramping last week but am hoping my O wasn't until the next day or day after even.
    @abjm0325 welcome to the retrograde uterus club. lol sounds weird but apparently has no affect on anything.
    @kiki047 fingers and toes and everything crossed those embabies are snuggling in and making themselves comfortable!
    @optimistgardener ooo where are you heading to in June?
    @courtneyh7138 welcome to the IF board! I hope you stay here is short and sweet.

Diagnosis (if you've been): DOR, Luteal Phase defect, other than that; unexplained

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): TI

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Took a lot of clomid and was supposed to Trigger, but on CD 10 I had a positive OPK, so they took me in for an Ultrasound and I had a honkin 18 mm follicle. They gave me the option to still trigger or not since my surge already started. I decided to let my body do it's thing. Now on progesterone to help lengthen my luteal phase.

How are things going?: They're going ok. I'm so not sure when I ovulated. I took my first OPK on CD 10 and it was already positive, so I'm not sure exactly when my surge actually started. I had cramping for most of the day on that day, and we DTD that night plus the next night. The first night I just feel like the effort wasn't that great, and the next night was great. I'm just nervous I actually O'd during the day on CD 10 and our crappy effort that night won't be enough. I did have slight twinging pain on CD 12 and I'm HOPING that was my actual O. Argg. For my tracking though, and for when my beta is scheduled 2 weeks out, I'm using CD 11 as O day.

Any questions?: I know no one here has UTE goggles (which btw makes me giggle every time I read that), but just curious if anyone has any ideas or experience of what mm they actually ovulate naturally at. I've read so many different numbers online ranging from 18-24. I should look into inventing UTE goggles. I could make a fortune!

GTKY: It's summer, it's hot outside, and you're headed to the ice cream parlor. What's your go-to order when you walk up to the counter? (And if you don't like ice cream, tell us about a season-specific going out treat of your choice.) Definitely a Mocha Almond Fudge.

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @optimistgardener not until Friday! I have the worst anxiety ever!

@bearmomma1 I have ovulation pain 2 days before and 2 days after O usually.  I have horrible midcycle cramping. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    bumblebee0210bumblebee0210 member
    edited June 2022
    *random lurk*
    @optimistgardener I accidentally left my follistim out overnight and similarly freaked (it was during stims and I was like "I CANT GET MORE AHHHHHH". I talked to the pharmacist at the specialty pharmacy (I got mine through optima) and they said it just can't be above 88 degrees Fahrenheit for very long, that's when it degrades. And I was like "oh LOL I live in a very old drafty house in New England and it's not the dead of summer so, I could just leave this out the whole time then." I have no idea if omnitrope is the same. The only other reference point I have is botox, which actually does degrade after like 4 hours outside the fridge. LSS-- this is the sort of thing that pharmacists know! So you can call them. But it may very well be totally 100% fine. 

TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• Options
    @optimistgardener You're in luck my girl, cause I did the same thing... not ONCE but TWICE in 2 different cycles. Right?! Okay, so if it's unmixed, you're OK. It's the mixed stuff you need to worry about. Here's what my nurse told me: 

You should dispose of the two Omnitrope vials that have been opened and stored at room temperature. You should still have two new Omnitrope vials- please use a new vial tonight and remember to refrigerate it after use!

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    edited June 2022
    thaaaaanks @acleverusername! i'm so grateful it's unmixed and that i managed to at least refrigerate the mixed stuff that night. collectively we are a mighty storehouse of knowledge. most of it learned, apparently, through painful personal experiment/experience.
    and thaaaanks also @bumblebee0210 for the lurks!
    History
  • Options
    Thank you all for the Clomid information! Loving the fount of knowledge in this group, as always. 

@kiki047 Continuing to think of your family as you grieve. It is both sweet and heartbreaking that your other kitty misses her sister so much. I do love how fun your RE was during the transfer! What a great way to lighten a stressful situation. Keeping everything crossed for those two beans.

@optimistgardener Ah, sorry for the medicine stress! Glad to hear it sounds like it wasn't a total loss though. 

@courtneyh7138 Welcome! I hope that embryo digs in nice and deep

@bearmomma1 Oh man, the unpredictably of our bodies is so great (not). Glad you happened to catch that surprise early surge!
  • Options
    Hi hi hi! Sorry I’ve been MIA, have been in Vegas since Saturday for a work convention and oh my god… can’t wait to get home and no longer smell like an ashtray. 
  • Options
    My Ovaries feel so heavy and it's only day 6. SO MUCH PEEING. Also the hormone dreams are crazy. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @kiki047 hugs my friend.  That is so much at one time.  I am so sorry about your crazy diet, I truly wish that you didn't have to do all of these hoops. This isn't fair. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @kiki047 Nothing about this is fair. Nothing. That diet sounds really intense and difficult. I hope you can find a healthy balance (whatever that looks like for you) between preparing your physical body and preserving your mental and emotional stability. Sending you lots of hugs ❤️
  • Options
    @kiki047 The TCM diet is so restrictive and intense. I tried following it last year at the advice of my acupuncturist and just failed miserably. I sorta picked and chose for a while to follow certain aspects of it, but not all of them. Tried to eat more warm foods, but still ate raw fruits and veggies. I think my acupuncturist said if you're going to eat raw/cold foods, just make sure to sip warm liquids while doing so. It sucks when you try all the things and they still don't seem to help. Hugs friend.
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    going to try and post for real tomorrow but just popping in to give you the biggest hug @kiki047

• Options
    I'm so sad, my follicles are growing slow, which is what it is I guess but they were like we will probably have to up your medication.  That's fine but that was my question when I started was if I would have enough and I won't. 14 follicles, biggest 2 were 10 mm, one on each side. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @mambo5-2 ugh sorry to hear about the slow growing follicles. (I know how that goes). What's the next step?
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    @bearmomma1 waiting on a call from the nurse and we will see.  The doctor I saw this morning said she suspected they would up my dosage of menopur.
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @mambo5-2 i wouldn't let your slow growth rate get you down. sometimes people just respond slowly. hopefully this time on the lower dose will have helped to "wake up" your antral follicles and they'll leap to attention when/if the doc recommends a higher dose. indeed, "low and slow" is a mantra of a sort on some infertility threads online. i've always had the opposite worry--that my fast response rate is hinting at my follicles' unhealthy growth pattern/not enough time for the follicles to correct any disordered chromosomes.
    History
  • Options
    @optimistgardener thank you love, I don't feel like I'm that slow, last night was my 6th shot and my biggest follicle was 10mm but all 14 were pretty similarly sized they said. Hopefully I hear soon and know what the plan is. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @mambo5-2 having them all be approximately the same size is great news! hopefully it means you'll wind up with a really solid crop.
    History
  • Options
    Meds are staying the same and ganirelix starts on Sunday. So I was made anxious for NO REASON. All is well carry on. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET