December 2022 Moms
Options

Food and smell aversions

Moms, how are you dealing with food and smell aversions?
I’m officially 8 week and since last week I have been having very strong food aversions like can not stand the smell of the bread or anything with yeast as well as some smells just chase me. Dairy and cooked vegetables/beans/porridge is pretty much what I eat now. Cooking meats and chicken is not even an option. Any good hearty recipes/ideas?

Re: Food and smell aversions

• Options
    I have really only been avoiding pork(bacon) that’s really my only aversion 
  • Options
    I currently can’t do fish smells or garlicky smells, which has not been ideal when I go into my work break room and find people heating up their lunches 😅

I have a pregnancy cookbook that swaps a lot of pasta for chickpea pasta or lentil pasta, to get more protein in—just an idea! (https://www.amazon.com/First-Time-Moms-Pregnancy-Cookbook-Nutrition-ebook/dp/B094RGTY2V
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having a similar issue with meat. I'm going to try poaching some chicken this weekend so I don't have to deal with it raw and shred it up for salads and maybe chili.
  • Options
    I'm having issues with a lot of cooked foods, I find that if I smell them I get nauseous but then once I eat them they're good. Thats only if I can get myself to eat them, otherwise I stick with pbjs or bagels. I can't walk down the veggie aisles in grocery stores either without having to cover my nose now😔
  • Options
    Everything smells to me. Anything oily, anything garlicky, meat... It's all awful. I have a small vial of peppermint oil I dab above my lip when I really can't stand the smell and can't get away. I know there's been a debate on if peppermint oil is safe but honestly it's the only thing that gives me relief some times so I just...I have to.