1st Trimester

First tri depression/anxiety?

Has anyone else struggled with depression and anxiety in their first trimester? I feel alone. I don’t have a very supportive family.

Re: First tri depression/anxiety?

• lilswedlilswed member
    Yes- you are not alone
  • kh7487kh7487 member
    I’m so sorry your feeling this way. I had extremely high anxiety during both of my pregnancies for a couple weeks during the first trimester. It’s obviously not a good feeling. Try joining pregnancy support groups on Facebook. You can connect with other women feeling the same way and you’ll see you’re definitely not alone. Wishing you all the best… 🤍🙏🏻
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 7 weeks right now and I had a miscarriage back in March of this year. I got pregnant again right after. I'm definitely feeling all kinds of feelings from happy, to sad, feeling stressed, and just worrying and trying not to worry if there is something wrong. You are definitely not alone!
  • Find your chosen family and let them know that you need extra support right now. Throw yourself an announcement party and let yourself feel the love. I am not close with my family and my new pregnancy taps into that existential loneliness. The best thing you can do is say goodbye to expectations from them and accept that your vision of family with them will not happen. Move forward and decide to be fearless for your kid and be open to vulnerability with your partner and friends. Having kids can be triggering to your childhood trauma as you go through the motions but every step is a brand new opportunity for love.
  • Oof the triggering of childhood trauma has been a BIG piece I was not prepared for. My boyfriend’s family is luckily very supportive of us both which makes it much easier at times. I’m going to therapy again too which is already helping. I’m also trying to manage ADHD and brain fog which is not helping. I think once I get past this first trimester body shock things will get better! Thank you ladies! 🥰