September 2022 Moms

Thankful Thursday 5/5

What are we thankful for this week?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Thankful Thursday 5/5

• I’m thankful for sunshine and the opportunity to spend the evening with a friend tonight now that I’m feeling less tired in the evenings and have more energy. 
  • Thankful the guilty parties in my class decided to turn themselves in so I have windows open now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I am thankful for 20 school days left until summer- hooray!

@jhysmath good for you!! 
  • Old Navy's sale <3

Also 23 more school days. LET IT COME QUICKLY!
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @ashking0922 16 over here, 13 with kids. It cannot come fast enough!! 
  • I'm hating all of you. I just counted we still have 31 school days left. 29 with students. 
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    @jhysmath we have 27 total, 23 with students, BUT we are on a four-day school week so it’s six weeks with students, seven counting my last week.

Today, I am thankful for the Booster Club giving us a bunch of fruit for teacher appreciation week. Finally something I can eat! And there is so much a got myself a small mountain of fruit!

• melyraemelyrae member
    ughhhh. I just counted. 37 more work days in my school year - 23 are classes. I wish that were a lower number!

Thankful for my sweet baby bopping around in my belly. I absolutely love feeling him move. And thankful for tacos. Who doesn't love tacos. 
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @melyrae that’s a long post planning period! I think we have 3 days, no kids
  • melyraemelyrae member
    edited May 2022
    @laj0217 high school exams!
    They go til June 17th ish in class then we have a couple weeks of "exam break". Teachers are there proctoring exams or running tutorial sessions to prep students for their finals. Students come to school on days that their finals are scheduled for, to the optional tutorial times, or otherwise they do not come! It is a bit more "Relaxing" than having a class full of kiddos but definitely not as relaxing as post-planning. There are kids in the building writing finals up until the very last day (June 28th)! Then one half day of wrap up for just teachers!
    edit: I suppose they're not kiddos if they are high school students. I teach high school chem!
  • @foreveronyourside I recieved the sand present with such a happy face from the almost 4 year old. The plant in mine has seen better days, but it's the sand color too. I was so excited about her being so excited about it. She told me it's mother's day this weekend that means I can watch whatever cartoons I want and play with the kids lol. 
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @melyrae phew! I am relieved lol. I was like no way is that necessary. Exams make so much more sense. 
  • I’m thankful for our parents being able to watch our dog while we’re on our babymoon this coming week. I cannot wait to sit on the beach all week and know the pup will be spoiled by his grandparents. Lots of treats and no rules at their house! 
  • I'm a bit jealous of you all counting down the days until spring break ;)

I'm thankful for my parents, who are my free babysitters and so I don't have to pay for daycare for my 2yo. I'm blessed.
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @rebornlotus forget summer/spring break. You’ve got free daycare for the win!!
  • @pangolindrome everything in that pic looks like it would hit the spot right now - lucky!

@melyrae SAME! We finally felt an outside kick on Saturday, and it was the best! The outside kicks are happening all the time now. Both DH and DS just lit up when they felt it. It's nice to finally be able to share it with them!