Baby Names

Baby girl name Wren

This is the only name my husband and i have agreed on and like for our daughter due in September. My only hold up is that it may be a trendy name, wondering if people here have seen or know of alot of children with this name. With my name being Brittany I definitely want to think of a name not extremely popular, of course you can't predict what will happen. Brittany was not common when I was born! 

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    Not sure where you live in the world, but in the US the name jumped in popularity from 428 in 2019 to 361 in 2020
  • Answer ✓
    I think Wren is a lovely name. Great choice! You certainly won’t have as many as you would Brittany. My name is Taylor and it’s just common enough to be able to be remembered easily but I’ve never been employed/ in classes with more than one other Taylor. This falls into the same category as Wren, in my opinion. You won’t have her going by “Wren L.” or whatever her last initial is. Like, we all know that girl in school that basically went by by Sarah H. all the time so she wouldn’t be confused with Sarah B. Wren won’t have that problem. 
  • Loading the player...
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    Answer ✓
    I can't think of any Wren I've known and I work in a school

Answers

• taylorharris0522 thanks, you make a good point. I worked in a pretty busy OR a few years back and there were about 10 Brittany's that worked with me between the nurses, nurse anesthetists and surgical techs 😂 I agree that Wren probably wont be as common as that 
  • annie_g thanks for that info, that is definitely a jump up in popularity 
  • I’ve heard it used way more commonly as a middle name, so I think you’re good! 
  • hws80622 it does make a really pretty middle name and we have been having trouble finding a middle name to pair well! So far Wren Elizabeth is the only one we both can agree sounds nice together. I suggested Wren Dixie 😂
  • I love it and only know one! It’s a beautiful and underused name
  • I think making the middle name classic works really well. Elizabeth is beautiful.
  • I love the name Wren! My name is Lauren and at one point I tried to get people to call me Ren as a nickname when I was younger because it was much less common then Lauren! It didn't stick but I've always liked that name.
  • Thank you everyone for your input ❤
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @brittscrib So out of curiosity, I ran a search of first names “wren” in my school district (almost 40k students). There are 3 wren’s, so I’d say you’re fine if you’re going for more unique 😊
  • My cousins name is Wren. It’s pretty unique I think.