Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 4.25

bbrahmbhattbbrahmbhatt member
edited April 2022 in Trying to Get Pregnant
*This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What is your favorite drink (can be alcohol or not) for sitting or dining outside?

ETA: *oops* forgot to change the question!

Re: TFAS w/o 4.25

• What number are you trying for? #4

Month/Cycle? 3/3 but irrelevant 

WTO/TWW? WFAF but I think WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 9, 7, 4.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I am bored and I wanted this to be a shorter cycle but its on track for a 30 day cycle which BOO.

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave?   I pitched to my sons baseball team at warm ups.  I am a pretty good pitcher which is why I was the warm up pitcher but I had shoulder surgery a year ago and let me tell you, my muscles are MAD.  They did win their game though. 

GTKY: What is your favorite indoor activity with your kid(s) on a rainy day? Wasn't this last weeks question?  I don't remember.  We do a lot of art projects or just lounge during rainy days. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? O today!

Ages of other child(ren)? 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? First cycle we have pretty good timing.  I am cautiously optimistic. 

Any questions? Nope. 

Rant/Rave? My son had his first bad sickness yesterday.  Spiked a 102 fever and was throwing up.  He is almost 6 and I don't think he has ever had a bug like this. 

GTKY: What is your favorite indoor activity with your kid(s) on a rainy day? Anything crafty.  We love those kids wooden building kits they sell at Lowe's.   My husband builds the things with him and then my son and I paint them.  
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Loading the player...

Month/Cycle? 1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m not sure how successful I will be doing BBT. So far it’s not going great haha. I usually wake up at the same time but today my son woke up screaming at 5 am so I didn’t have time to do my temp.

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave? The flowering trees are getting really pretty where I live and it’s making me super happy  

GTKY: What is your favorite indoor activity with your kid(s) on a rainy day? This was definitely the question from last week…so I’m going to share our outdoor activities. My son loves to push a dump truck to our neighborhood, we go on lots of hikes, and we have an awesome mud kitchen that my dad made!

@ReadyForaB yay for your good timing! Boo for your kiddo being sick. We just had a really terrible stomach bug go through the daycare I work at and my son attends. It was the sickest I’ve ever been in my life. I hope the rest of your family stays healthy. 

@mambo5-2 ouch! Sorry about your shoulder!
  • @mambo5-2 That's what you get for trying to be active lol. Glad you are getting your meds and starting down this path!
    @ReadyForaB I'm so sorry DS was sick! My son got real sick like that a few weeks ago and it was so scary! I hope it passes quickly!
    @iiirene I get so annoyed when I am temping and DS wakes up too close to my temp time. I have been able to talk to him through the baby monitor and let him know I'll be right there, and try to temp quickly, but it doesn't always work.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 16/1AL

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Really trying to be hopeful

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? DS started soccer this past weekend and it was so much fun! He was way overwhelmed at first, but once he got a better idea of what was going on he seemed to enjoy himself. DH is being sort of a pill about it, but I am hoping that fades quickly. DH never really learned how to play sports and that is embarrassing for him, so he doesn't want that to happen to DS. I understand that, but DH went back and forth between DS needing to do more, to him being too young to be out there. It's coming from a good place, but I need to whip DH into shape quick on this!! 

GTKY: What is your favorite drink (can be alcohol or not) for sitting or dining outside? I've been turned on to Espresso Martinis and they are my current fave.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 6, 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Feeling a little deflated. DH and I had an honest conversation last night about how easy things are right now with just two, what I might miss out on if we had another, etc. It's hard not to keep feeling confused after unsuccessful cycles, because I feel myself validating our family dynamic as-is afterwards as a way of coping I think. Being so grateful for what we do have. I find myself anticipating how scary it will be to embrace change and essentially going back to square one now that our littles are no longer toddlers (almost). We both concluded we still want to keep trying for a while, but if it doesn't happen, we'll let it go.

Any questions? Mmmnope.

Rant/Rave? We had a blast at the indoor splash park this past weekend! My DH and I had a lot of hindsight moments that we can take for the next time we plan something like this, but overall we had a great time and so did the kids.

GTKY: What is your favorite indoor activity with your kid(s) on a rainy day? I think this was the question last week? But I'll add another, we love board games. This is our favorite right now: Outfoxed
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @mambo5-2 Ugh I'm sorry about your shoulder. Those injuries absolutely terrify me. But I'm impressed at your pitching skillz!

@ReadyForaB FX for good timing!! I'm sorry about your kiddo, hope he feels better soon.

@iiirene BBT gets easier, alarms definitely help. If I find myself having to get up before my alarm, I'll take my temp then just as a reference point.

@tessiesmom26 I get where you're coming from about your DH. It can be tough when you have two different perspectives on this type of thing. I'm sure you guys will get on the same page soon, but still, it's an exhausting battle. Hang in there!
  • @mambo5-2 glad they won! But boo for the sore muscles! 

@ReadyForaB hooray for good timing! Let’s keep our fingers crossed for this cycle! 

@iiirene that’s the hardest part of BBT… just like when you wake up an hour before your alarm and have to pee so bad you can’t hold it. Ugh. DS woke up an hour before my alarm and I made my husband get him a few weeks ago. 😂

@tessiesmom26 Aw I love that! I can’t wait for DS to be ready for sports! 

@mrsmtothek I’m glad you guys had fun! It sounds like a blast! 

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO, but it’s O day, so almost TWW!

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m actually hopefully for the first time in a while. I’ve relaxed since my student teacher is done teaching and is gone, so hopefully that relaxes me enough! Plus our timing is AWESOME! 

Any questions? Any one have good late O stories? With my stress, my O has been a few days later than normal. 

Rant/Rave? The house is coming along so well! I took my parents through it yesterday (they live an hour away, so they don’t get to see it like we do). They were so excited! We have our framing walk through with our field manager next Wednesday, so I’m excited for that! Then our electrical walk through to place outlets will be a week and a half after that! I’ll include some pictures of course! 

GTKY: What is your favorite drink (can be alcohol or not) for sitting or dining outside? High noon is my new outside drink! Sooooooo good! 

• I’ve been a little MIA but I have good reason.

TW mention of LC and very traumatic event below read with caution. 

So on Saturday my LC  fell off a little kids slide, hit his head, started to seize, went unconscious and stopped breathing. I had to do CPR on my own child for roughly 10min in the passenger seat of my fathers car as he raced to the hospital (I was at my parents when it happened and they only live 10min away/ waiting for an ambulance would have taken longer) when we got to the ER he had another seizure. Thankfully the ER team was amazing. He is ok. And has been diagnosed with something called plaid breath holding spells. Which is terrifying because it can happen again. So I am very shook up. All I could think right after was it was so freaking hard to get you into this world you cannot leave it anytime soon … 

Month/Cycle? 16/3

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? 16mo

Any thoughts about this cycle? Haven’t put much thought into it tbh 

Any questions? Nah

Rant/Rave? Rave is I start my new job on Monday and DS starts daycare too! Big changes for our family 

GTKY: What is your favorite drink (can be alcohol or not) for sitting or dining outside? Definitely water (boring I know but I’m always so thirsty lol)
  • @tryingktogku oh my goodness. How terrifying. So glad he is okay. It’s scary but the silver lining (if you want to call it that) is now you know his diagnosis. Did they give you resources for what to do if it happens again? 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• edited April 2022
    @ReadyForaB basically you have to lay them down, elevate their legs, give them one full minute and if they don’t come around you call 911 and may have to do CPR. terrifying. It peaks around 18months and typically goes away completely by age 4 so we are just going to be a little more cautious then normal from here on out to prevent potential falls
  • @tryingktogku oh my goodness that so scary! I’m so glad he’s ok! 
  • @tryingktogku I’m so sorry and that’s so scary!!! 
  • @ejoseph16 me too! He is actually perfectly fine acting like nothing happened. I on the other hand am completely traumatized and have set up a therapy appointment in a couple weeks! Wouldn’t want anyone to have to experience that however I had never herd do it before so I also want to tell his story because apparently it is somewhat common 
  • @tryingktogku Good job mama, it sounds like you did just what you needed to do for your boy. I'm so, so sorry you're left with the trauma and potential of it happening again. Hopefully it never happens again, but if it does, you'll at least have some guidance to go off of. Sending you all the hugs.
  • @tryingktogku holy shit how frightening! I’m so glad he’s ok and that you have some guidance moving forward. I hope it never happens again.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @tryingktogku What a scary thing to go through! I am so sorry that you had to deal with that, but agree that now that you know and have a better understanding hopefully if it does happen again you will be better prepared. Also proud that you made a therapy appt right away, that is great self care. Hang in there momma! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @tryingktogku
    That is freaking terrifying.  I've had my kid stop breathing on me once and it was hella frightening.  I am dang proud of you for going straight to therapy because trauma is real and you need a safe place to process that. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    July 2022 - FET

• @tryingktogku how freaking scary! I'm glad that he's ok and you're aware of his diagnosis, but hopefully you never have to use those measures. Good for you for going to therapy right away, that is a LOT to deal with and giving yourself the time and space to process is so important. 
  • @mambo5-2 ugh, I hope your shoulder is feeling better!

@readyforab aww, poor buddy! Is he feeling better?

@iiirene BBT was hard for me too, I was always having to get up to pee or forgetting to take it. I hope you find a system that works for you!

@tessiesmom soccer sounds so fun! I hope YH can learn to let go a little bit. It's so amazing (and usually not much fun) how our own past traumas/life events come back as parents; I've definitely experienced some of that myself. 

@mrsmtothek I'm sorry you're going through that. The disappointment can be so freaking hard, and change is always intimidating. It's good to know that you're both on the same page in wanting to continue to try for now. 

@ejoseph16 YASSS for great timing! Hopefully we won't be seeing you around here for much longer!

Month/Cycle? 4/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 12mo

Any thoughts about this cycle? Cautiously optimistic maybe? Probably because we finally have a game plan. My cycles are still wonky AF with late ovulation, but my OB said that since I recently stopped BF that *should* get better in 3-4 months. As for right now we are just BDing every other day in hopes of catching FW and O. No EWCM and no positive OPK yet (I just started testing on Sunday). If this cycle is like the other two, I should ovulate a week from today. We're not going to wait long this time before going to Clomid, so we'll see how trying on our own goes.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? We're supposed to get a few straight days of warm weather later this week, but my allergies are kicking up so that is NOT FUN. 

GTKY: What is your favorite drink (can be alcohol or not) for sitting or dining outside? I'm digging margaritas right now, but I will forever love a nice rose. 
  • @bbrahmbhatt He was.  Went to baseball practice Monday and karate last night.  Then in the middle of the night started throwing up AGAIN!!! ugh.  I feel so bad for him. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• @bbrahmbhatt
    +1 on the allergies are kicking my butt. I have a love/hate relationship with spring because allergies. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET