Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 4.18

*This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What is your favorite indoor activity with your kid(s) on a rainy day?

Re: TFAS w/o 4.18

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m hopeful, but who the heck knows anymore! I’m in FW, so of course I’m hopeful right now! I’m just hoping I O this cycle and not on day 32 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

Any questions? Nope! 

Rant/Rave? We are starting to try to be more healthy again starting today… I forgot how much this process messes with your mind. I’m an anxious eater, so I’m trying to work through that again. In house news, the framing process is going well! They started Thursday last week, and resumed today after the holiday weekend. I just drove by after dropping DS off at the sitter’s house, and they were working away! Here are more recent pictures! 

I love baking with DS! I even got him a toddler baking set including an apron and a chef’s hat 🧑🏼‍🍳

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? If we conceive this cycle, this child and my son will be about 6.5 years apart.  My sister and I are 5.5 apart.  However, we held my son back a year (August birthday) so the baby would be born in January of his kindergarten year.  My sister was born in January of my kindergarten year. Constantly doing these types of calculations in my head.  Am I insane? Haha!

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave? Rant - I slept awful last night.  I feel TERRIBLE. 

GTKY: What is your favorite indoor activity with your kid(s) on a rainy day? Anything crafty.  We love making seasonal crafts, dying eggs was a bit hit recently. My son and I also love any and all board / card games. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Loading the player...
  • @ejoseph16 ohhh yes baking is fun too!!! Although, my son seemed to enjoy it more when he was a bit younger.  Now at 5.5 he seems to be over it haha. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

Month/Cycle? 16/2

WTO/TWW? Benched 

Ages of other child(ren)? 16months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I didn’t ovulate on the fertility drugs so I have to wait for a follow up appointment with the fertility clinic before we can try another medicated cycle 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? My son had a blast this Easter finding all his eggs and putting them in a basket! I got a Thule nexxt mini bike attachment for my bike for us for Easter and I’m SO excited to use it! It’s a front mount one so I think he will really enjoy it and bonus I’ll get some exercise too lol 

we love making forts and using our nugget couch to do parkour lol or we have dance parties/ play tag inside! My lo also currently LOVES Hudson’s tractor on YouTube (which are short little skits like 5-15min so it’s perfect so it’s not too much TV but enough time to throw together lunch or something) 
  • @ejoseph16 good luck on sticking to healthy habits! I can’t see the pictures in your spoiler they may not have uploaded! 

@ReadyForaB I keep torturing myself with these calculations too. Before I know we struggled with If I always wanted a large family and to have like Irish twins but unfortunately you can’t plan everything I guess! 
  • @ejoseph16 I feel you. I'm trying to revamp my diet for TTC and it's overwhelming! Reading about dietary recommendations for different phases of your cycle blows my mind. Let alone just trying to make it from one day to the next  :D

What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 6,3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Welp, looks like we're heading into yet another cycle with potentially bad timing. DH will be gone for an entire week to work on our cabin for the first week of the season and of course, it's smack dab in the middle of my projected fertile window. It's stupid, but I keep thinking about the tarot card reader I saw at my sister's bachelorette last year. She told me that she didn't see us having more than 2 children. I know, I know - I don't usually hold much stock with those types of things. Problem is she was *scarily* accurate in discussing so many other areas of my life, it's tough not to think about sometimes after another failed cycle.

Any questions? I'm packing us up for a trip to the waterpark this weekend to celebrate DD's birthday. We always go to the beach or lake so this is a different experience for us. Anything I should bring? I bought some water shoes for the kids.

Rant/Rave? This week the kids are off for spring break. I love having them home but HOLY MOLY my productivity just took an immediate nosedive. WFM struggles are so real, and this week at work is going to be a bitch and a half. I just have to make it to Friday without imploding.

GTKY: What is your favorite indoor activity with your kid(s) on a rainy day? Definitely coloring. It's super soothing to me too. Other favorites are pretend play, blocks, puzzles, and marble run. And when we've exhausted all creativity and pinterest parenting, movies and video games :D

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What number are you trying for? #4

Month/Cycle? 3/3 not relevant because IVF

WTO/TWW? technically WTO but not relevant 

Ages of other child(ren)? 9, 7, and 4.5

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I hate this cycle and its awful because I had a mild answer for my shitty stuff but they took it away.  Who knows. I have injection training this week. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? I need my RE or Nurse to call me back to tell me what exactly we are doing. I hope they stick with the Protein C/S plan and not the standard plan. 

GTKY: What is your favorite indoor activity with your kid(s) on a rainy day?  Baking.  I usually nap while the kids destroy my house.  Mom of the year. My son just plays video games and my girls do all of the things.  I do bake a lot when its rainy though. 

Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• @ejoseph16
    I am also trying to eat healthier, sometimes its good and sometimes its bad. 

@tryingktogku
    Boo for not ovulating, get it together ute. 

@mrsmtothek
    Boo for possibly not good timing.  That is so frustrating. 

@ReadyForaB
    I do random stuff like that all the time.  If we do a fresh transfer I would be due on February, if we do FET it could be March or later. I am usually an early delivery too so who knows. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    July 2022 - FET

• @ejoseph16 we're trying to be healthier too; I wish we had committed to it 6 months ago but here we are. We just had cake and cookies and everything for DDs bday party over the weekend, but hopefully tomorrow is back to regularly scheduled programming. 

@ReadyForaB seasonal crafts are always fun!

@tryingktogku that sounds fun! I hope you get to get out on your bike and use it soon!

@mrsmtothek hopefully you'll still get some good timing in. I'm not really into tarot and I'm not superstitious either, but I think all reason goes out the window when you're TTC so I can see why that could get stuck in your mind. Hopefully you prove her wrong soon <3

@mambo5-2 I hope you get some sort of answer/plan soon!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 4/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 1 year on Wednesday

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm hopeful; it will be our first one really trying. I saw my OB and was officially blessed to start TTC again, so thats good. I also officially stopped BF last week, so now if my cycle would just get back to normal that would be great.  

Any questions? Is the general idea that your cycle should go back to normal ~3-4 months after stopping BF?

Rant/Rave? DDs birthday was great, we had such a good time with family over the weekend. Rant is after all the good food for 3 days I'm so bloated and sluggish today. 

GTKY: What is your favorite indoor activity with your kid(s) on a rainy day? Playing with the nugget, or toys, snuggling with Disney movies or reading books seem to be her faves. 
  • @bbrahmbhatt
    My cycle went back to normal really quickly after nursing.  I also got pregnant while nursing.  I think it really depends on the person. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• @bbrahmbhatt I started my period while still BF, so no real advice here… I had DS down to 2 feedings a day, so it came back. 

Sorry, ladies… crazy day today! 

@ReadyForaB I am 100% a thinker like that… all I do is look at my EDD every cycle and think things through. 

@tryingktogku I have a front mount for my bike, too! I love it! I felt more protective of him being in front of me, more in control. We just got a nugget couch for DS’s birthday… he hasn’t gotten into it a whole lot yet. I’m hoping it was worth the money! Glad to see you love yours! 

@mrsmtothek oh lord… adjusting diet for stages of TTC? Jeesh I don’t need this wormhole, too! Boo to your timing issue, though 😔 

@mambo5-2 what do you like to bake? I’m big on cookies right now… trying to learn to decorate with royal icing. Ugh! 
  • bbrahmbhattbbrahmbhatt member
    edited April 2022
    @ejoseph16 my period came back at 9 months post partum, while I was still BF. It is just a lot longer cycle than normal. Pre-pregnancy it was 30-31 days and I usually ovulated CD 17-19. Now it's like 37-38 days and I ovulate on CD28 or something like that. 

ETA for typo
  • @bbrahmbhatt oh well in that case… lol… my cycles have been wonky ever since I stopped, and it’s been a year. I only started tracking starting in December, but still… definitely not pre DS cycles. 
  • @ejoseph16 I bake everything, I'm not great at pies but I can do them (I don't like pie). My royal icing isn't stellar either, I make excellent cream cheese frosting and cookie glaze as well. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• @mambo5-2 nice! I’ve made all of DS’s birthday cakes, cupcakes, cake pops… I just started doing cookie decorating with royal icing. I’m ok at it, but I’m not a super artistic person. 
  • @ejoseph16 I used to love decorating cakes, I don't have time anymore. Marshmallow fondant is super fun to make
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• @ejoseph16 So exciting to see the framework coming together! I hope it all flies by from this point forward!
    @ReadyForaB I also find myself guilty of TTC math. I just can't help it!
    @tryingktogku We also do parkour on the nugget! We have so many videos of DS with DH and I yelling "parkour!" HAHA
    @mrsmtothek We love the waterpark! Is it indoor or outdoor?
    @mambo5-2 I hope for your sanity they continue with the same plan! I can't imagine how stressed this has to be for you.
    @bbrahmbhatt YAY for getting to official go ahead!

This thread always blows up before I can get here lol

Month/Cycle? 16/1AL

WTO/TWW? WTConfirmO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm feeling pretty good, all things considered. Even with DH's broken rib we were able to get in some pretty good timing (either -2, +1 or -3, and O) 

Any questions? Any ideas to occupy a 3YO on a plane? This will be his 8/9th flights, but he is so much busier now and I am starting to get nervous for how to occupy him.

Rant/Rave? It's windy AF here today, but this week is supposed to start really warming up, so I hope that happens soon and stays that way! I'm ready for warmer weather!

GTKY: What is your favorite indoor activity with your kid(s) on a rainy day? We love the nugget. We do so many different things with it! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• I talked to the nurse yesterday and they want me to do a BCP cycle but since it was CD 8 yesterday it was too late to start BCP.  I'm insanely irritated about that because I had a feeling that would happen but my RE was out of town last week.  I do not want to sit on my rear for 2 cycles. Thinking of not even starting stims until June is literally emotionally crushing after the last month of funky blood work and just constantly waiting for what ended up being classified as a "lab error". 

I already called again this morning to see if they will change their minds. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• @ejoseph16 Love the house updates! I completely agree about diet/eating being a mental process maybe more than anything else.

@ReadyForaB I definitely do those calculations each month. It is both interesting and mildly heartbreaking.

@tryingktogku Ooh, that bike attachment sounds fun! I need to get a bike again.

@mrsmtothek Ugh, sorry about the bad timing for FW. I know it’s hard, but try not to let that tarot card reader get in your head! Our futures can always change.

@mambo5-2 I hope you can advocate for the plan that you think is best for your body!

@bbrahmbhatt Yay for officially trying again!

@tessiesmom26 I think having lots of little things in a bag that you can pull out one at a time is helpful (new books, little toys, fidget items – pipe cleaners, wiki stix, poppers, etc). Also, some screen time mixed in!

Month/Cycle? 8/8 AL

WTO/TWW? WTO (today is O)

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? We had pretty good timing, so as hopeful as I can be under the circumstances.

Any questions? Not today

Rant/Rave? DD had such a fun time at Easter! Lots of egg hunts, time with family, and good food. She also did great at her soccer games. She was hilarious prancing at the edge of all the kids fighting for the ball, so not a natural by any means but she had fun.

GTKY: What is your favorite indoor activity with your kid(s) on a rainy day? We love to build a fort, bake cookies, do arts and crafts, and have a dance party.

• mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    edited April 2022
    @tryingktogku I love a good dance party!! Those are the best.

@mambo5-2 I'm so frustrated for you, I'm sorry. I can't even imagine trying to deal with scheduling like that when your RE is out of town.

@bbrahmbhatt To echo others, it really depends. My cycle came back while I was breastfeeding so your body will just do it's thing when it wants to. Annoying, I know. Having a long cycle really blows chunks so I feel you.

@tessiesmom26 It's indoor! I'm a bit skeptical but hopefully the kids will be so amazed at the novelty they won't care. Waterparks as adults are entirely different experiences I think :D As far as travel goes, we always resort to the iPad/headphones. In the past I've kept the kids entertained in a variety of ways but honestly, they have a time expiration and we ultimately always end up with the tablet lol.

@abjm0325 FX about your good timing!!

@ejoseph16 Trust me I know. Too intense for me personally :D BUT reading about them is interesting, and I'm making mental notes of some recommendations. I'm just trying to cut out some things from my diet and see if that helps.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hi everyone! New here!

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m just coming off birth control so we will see what my cycle looks like. I had the implant for about a year now. I was on the pill for a long time before my first, off that for 2 years, then after I had my son back on the pill, then I tried the patch, and finally on nexplanon. my period has never been super predictable and I’m pretty sure I ovulated late when I got pregnant with my son. 

Any questions? None at the moment

Rant/Rave? Rant-I tested positive for the Rona yesterday. Several kids at work have been + so I decided to take a test just in case and what do you know? Luckily I’m just feeling tired and have no other symptoms. I haven’t done a test on my son so I’m not sure about him. Rave- I don’t particularly like my job and I’m thankful to not have to go in for a week. I have a few craft projects for one SILs wedding on the 8th and another SILs baby shower on the 1st so now I have time to work on those. 

GTKY: What is your favorite indoor activity with your kid(s) on a rainy day? We don’t have too many days that we have to be indoors thankfully. When we do, we make ramps for my sons car with our Kozy Couch or just play with his toys. 

@ejoseph16 those baking sets are so cute. I got my son a kitchen helper off of FB marketplace and it has been a real game changer for my little guy in the kitchen. 

@tessiesmom26 wind is the absolute worst! I hope it is short lived where you are. We just have horrific wind for a week and a half straight. In regards to the plane trip, we are going to try bring a lightweight carseat onto the plane for our next trip. I also love Squigz and those markers that only color on the special paper. Lollipops and downloaded shows in case of a complete meltdown. 
  • It's going to be nice weather here this weekend! What is everyone up to? I think we will take DD to the zoo, or at maybe get her water table out. I'm so excited for warm sunny weather!
  • @bbrahmbhatt yes!  I am so excited too.  Definitely a park day or hike on Sunday here. Thinking about going to get flowers for my planters out front.  My son loves picking them out and helping me plant them. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• @bbrahmbhatt Yay for nice weather! It hasn't been nice enough here to break out our water table yet, but I signed DS up for soccer and his first practice/game is this weekend and I am so excited! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• we have baseball and softball games all weekend.  Yay for spring boo for spring sports.  You will find me in my chair keeping score.
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• @mambo5-2 yes!  My son starts coach pitch practice Monday.  I love it though.  So fun!
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• @ReadyForaB
    I absolutely love baseball and softball, and love watching my kids play but I hate giving up every weekend and nice day to baseball and softball.
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• @bbrahmbhatt We're heading to the zoo too!