Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Threatened Miscarriage- abnormal yolk sac size, high hcg levels, no fetal pole.

Hi-
Wondering if anyone has gone through a similar experience and can provide any type of feedback. We found out we were pregnant in March. Our doctor sent us for our first ultrasound on a Tuesday at 7 weeks,6 days. At this ultrasound, the gestational sac and yolk sac were both present but there was no fetal pole/heart rate/ etc. The gestational sac and yolk sac were both abnormally large- gestational sac 26 mm, yolk sac- 8 mm. On Wednesday, my HCG levels were checked and they were at 78,000. At our doctor appointment on Friday, the doctor said due to the lack of fetal pole that this was not a viable pregnancy and we would need to schedule a D&C for next week. He did repeat bloodwork on Friday and my results just returned back that my HCG levels increased to 82,000 and progesterone levels were at a 16. I am confused with the continuing rising HCG levels, could still potentially be a viable pregnancy or is this common to continue to increase HCG while miscarrying? Any feedback, advice, similar experiences are welcome.