Options

Unpopular Opinion Thursday 3/31

ponyoisfunponyoisfun member
edited March 2022 in November 2022 Moms
I cannot stand the taste of coke.

What's yours?

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thursday 3/31

• Options
    I live in Boston. I married into Patriot fandom. I've been sick of Tom Brady for a decade.
  • Options
    This is very specific to college basketball near me, but go Duke this weekend!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fantasyflyte we can share a pan of brownies any day. I’m edge brownies atw. 

• Options
    Vanilla ice cream is far superior to chocolate.

I also can't stand when people don't use the oxford comma. 
  • Options
    Yes! I don’t dislike chocolate itself, but not a fan of chocolate-flavored things (ice cream, cake, frosting)
  • Options
    @ashnicell.What?!!!  Jk...it's all good.  

I have another u/o opinion - I don't like ice cream. 

• Options
    Speaking of cake...I don't like cake. I much prefer pie. Unless it's ice cream cake....I'd eat that all day.
  • Options
    I have tried it more than once when gathering with friends and at events but I just think my pallet is not mature enough for chocolate covered oranges and mints with chocolate in the middle. 

Chocolate and fruits don’t mix in my book 
  • Options
    @mali0902 I don’t like cake either. Mainly, I hate frosting. Pie is my jam! We had a wedding pie instead of cake.
  • Options
    As a cake baker ya'll are breaking my heart a little XD
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @natasha212 in clicking “reply” to you, I almost had a Freudian slip and clicked report because dark chocolate mixed with fruit is my literal favorite snack ever! Dark chocolate covered strawberries, cherries, kiwi, anything! Also, Nutella on strawberries is what dreams are made of! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @chuckle_sandwich that's, amazing. What flavor was your wedding pie??

@mflowers929 while I'm not a huge cake fan, I SO admire the art!! 
  • Options
    @sunshine2417 hahaha. Kudos to you and your love for it. My palette just isn’t mature enough for that flavor combo. If we’re ever in a setting where that is served, I’ll gladly give you my share 😂❤️
  • Options
    @mflowers929 Being a baker is no joke, one of my guilty pleasures is to watch baking competitions. It’s truly an art
  • Options
    @ashnicell Team Oxford Comma!!
  • Options
    @mflowers929 I also bake cakes and was a little heart broken to hear the cake hate - jk everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I'm anxious for this year's "cake season" as it will be in the third trimester/when the baby is here.  I make at least 10 cakes between October and December for all of the b-days and holidays.   Perhaps dd will be willing to help, but it is doubtful.  I wish I wasn't so picky about baked goods sometimes, but once you start baking your own cakes it is hard to eat anything else. 

• Options
    @ponyoisfun Mine is mostly in the summer. Starts with my sons birthday in early June, then goes through to my birthday in late September. I used to do a Halloween cake too for our big Halloween party, but we've stopped having them in favor of more of a kids party so I make cookies instead since they're easier for the kids to grab while playing.
    I still use a box mix every now and again but yes, homemade is almost always better lol. Now I really need to go and make myself a cannoli cake again... mmmm
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    We definitely need a favorite recipes thread! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I share Vampire Weekend's opinion of an Oxford comma 💁🏽‍♀️
  • Options
    @sunshine2417 Great idea!  You pick the day (or it could be once a month) and start it.  I think it would be fun and help take our minds off some of the early pregnancy discomforts.