1st Trimester

Question about HCG (1228 12 days post frozen embryo transfer)

kramin1022kramin1022 member
edited February 2022 in 1st Trimester
Hello! We did an IVF transfer with a frozen embryo on 2/9 and got a positive beta 2/18. My HCG on 2/21 was 1228 (is this high??? Does this mean twins?!) and I’m just having a rollercoaster of emotions. HCG level was at 1228 during week 4 and everything online is indicating that that is on the higher end. I’m excited but I also feel like something bad is going to happen. 5.5 years of infertility really did a number on me mentally so I’m learning to try to stay positive and that good things can happen. We used donor sperm and I’m not sure if twins run in the donors family or if twins are more likely because of the IVF process. Our first ultrasound is March 7th, and I want to prepared, not shocked if it is twins, lol.

Re: Question about HCG (1228 12 days post frozen embryo transfer)

• Hello! We did an IVF transfer with a frozen embryo on 2/9 and got a positive beta 2/18. My HCG on 2/21 was 1228 (is this high??? Does this mean twins?!) and I’m just having a rollercoaster of emotions. HCG level was at 1228 during week 4 and everything online is indicating that that is on the higher end. I’m excited but I also feel like something bad is going to happen. 5.5 years of infertility really did a number on me mentally so I’m learning to try to stay positive and that good things can happen. We used donor sperm and I’m not sure if twins run in the donors family or if twins are more likely because of the IVF process. Our first ultrasound is March 7th, and I want to prepared, not shocked if it is twins, lol.
    It wouldn’t matter if the sperm donor has a history of twins because hyperovulation would have to run in YOUR family, and if you did ivf you should know exactly how many embryos were placed. If you placed more than one multiples are more likely. The odds of the egg splitting and having identical twins is the same as any other pregnancy, but your hcg number likely has nothing to do with it. Congrats!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::