1st Trimester
Options

Am I miscarrying? 🥺 *trigger warning*

I think I had or am having a miscarriage but I haven’t bled yet. Is that normal for 6-7 weeks loss? Or could it be ectopic? Here’s the story:
Would have gotten pregnant the week of 1/10/22. LMP was 12/24/21. I’m always regular, but may have ovulated late. I missed my period in January and started testing. On 1/27/22 I got my first faint positive. Since then it’s been a mixture of faint positives, negatives and squinters. I haven’t gotten a dye stealer or really dark lines. But, most tests were super easy to see. Digitals were always negative. Up until Saturday and Sunday. I took three at different times of day. Pregnant, not pregnant and pregnant were the results. I was shocked I finally got a positive on a digital and decided to call it my BFP. I was so happy and I was also out of tests. But then went for an ultrasound on Tuesday. There was NOTHING in there. No sac, nothing. Tubes looked clear I guess. I am very over weight so I’m wondering if maybe that messed with the ultrasound readings.  They did abdominal and transvaginal though. 
So I left there confused yet again. Oh and I had blood work done 6 days ago from today that was negative. My hpts generally test positive at at night. From 9pm on. 
I feel/felt pregnant big time. Abdomen: feels almost hard in my uterus sometimes tightening. I’m already nauseous and I’ve never been this hungry in my life. The saltier the better. Im also super emotional. Had a good cry after I realized something I was cooking was expired and that was a few hours ago. I really wanted it. Also called to see if the dr was in today (I was told to do this) and the secretary’s tone of voice made me cry and hang up on her. All she did was answer what I asked…
I may have been earlier than 6 weeks during the scan, but now I’m getting negative tests as of today. I even diluted to rule out the hook effect. However my positives are again late at night so I’m going to test in about an hour or two before I give up. My dr. doesn’t seem very concerned about a pregnancy since nothing was on ultrasound. Im getting repeat blood work along with a million hormone tests on Friday morning to see what’s going on. I was really hoping it was a baby, but I think it’s gone, or it never was and there’s something wrong with me 😩
Update: just took a few more tests. As it’s the evening, my FRER is positive and the digital came back negative. Digitals I get positives from about midnight on. This is the most bizarre and stressful thing ever. Didn’t know if anyones ever been in the same boat?

Re: Am I miscarrying? 🥺 *trigger warning*

• Options
    Honestly, it's probably best if you step away from the tests. It's causing you a lot of stress, and there are so many reasons why tests look darker at different times of the day. 

Ultrasounds really shouldn't be done earlier than like 5.5 weeks, at the *very* earliest, and even then, it's mostly in emergencies (ie high risk of ectopic). At a 5.5 wk ultrasound, you can expect to see a gestational sac, that's it. Not sure where that aligns with when you went in. 

In any case, hopefully you've scheduled your first appointment with your OB around 7-8 weeks, and it sounds like you have blood work scheduled this week so you don't have to wait too much longer for something more definitive. 

But seriously. Put down the tests!!

• Options
    I'm sorry for the upsetting situation. When you say you had bloodwork 6 days ago that was negative, are you saying they ran bloodwork for your hcg levels and they came back under 5? If you're pulling lines on at home test, than you should also see a rising number on the blood work. Hopefully Friday's blood work will get you some definitive answers. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agreed that you should chill with the tests for now. This sounds pretty confusing and honestly I would just wait for the next blood test. If you’re pregnant from mid-January you shouldn’t be only getting positives at night. That just doesn’t make much sense. I wish you the best of luck though. 
  • Options
    This sounds very much like a chemical pregnancy. This is typically a really early miscarriage in which you are pregnant enough to have some HCG in your system, but not pregnant enough for anything to show on a scan. The HCG can linger in your body for a while at low levels, causing borderline pregnancy tests results and delayed periods. I'm really sorry-- all losses are rough, and chemical pregnancies can really mess with your head. You should obviously follow up with a doctor to track your HCG levels down to zero, but it really does not sound consistent with an ongoing pregnancy. 
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024