September 2022 Moms

FFFC 1/21

What do you have to confess this week?

(Sorry it's a day late, I apparently got distracted yesterday.)

Confession Why if it is so good for the soul is it so hard  Life  Giving Words of Hope amp Encouragement by Jeff Davis
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: FFFC 1/21

• My "cup" of coffee on the weekends is a giant mug that's more like 3-4 cups.  However, it's half-caf, so I don't feel that bad.  My bladder makes me pay for it though.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Haha we won’t tell. I haven’t had coffee in like 4 weeks (my tummy is already so upset lately, I’ve never been able to drink coffee in the first trimester) and today I had a latte for the first time in weeks and it was deliciousssssss!
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like we're all too nice. As much as I was afraid to post in my first two bmbs I feel we need a couple snarky members to keep the 1 offs to a minimum. Maybe having an end of month edd weeded them all out by the time I got there, but I just feel like people are coming not reading the board and it will slowly turn into an unregulated Facebook group. 

I am thankful to say, we haven't seen toilet paper schmears here yet. 
  • @jhysmath
    I feel like we haven't had too many random one offs yet, and the people have responded really well to being redirected.  I really don't want this to turn into the "mean girls" club - a lot of FTMs are new to The Bump and make mistakes before they get it.  I don't want to scare them off, you know?

Also, what's a toilet paper schmear?
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman I get what you mean, I just really liked the organization of it so it was really looking forward to that coming back. 

The tp schmear is something I saw a lot of Facebook before I found the bump. They would wipe and ask if their discharge was "normal" or not and the first thing you would see was the photo while scrolling Facebook. 
  • @jhysmath
    I think once we have the core group, which I would guess will be by the end of February at the latest, the one-offs will virtually disappear.  As it is, we're only getting about one a day tops, so that's really not that bad (IMO anyway).  And we aren't getting repeat offenders, so at least they're learning once they're told once.

and the tp schmear thing...wow....yeah I hope we don't get that here lol
    Current pregnancy -

• @jhysmath I loved the enforcers in my last BMB. But yeah, was also pretty terrified to screw up in the beginning! But I don’t remember a lot of snark until March ish (it was also a September group). I just think our group is still too new and small so far. And, I totally appreciate those who are keeping it running and organized as I do not have the bandwidth for that! But, I know what you mean and that strict organization is actually very comforting when everything else is so uncertain! Like, at least there is order in my anonymous online BMB group. 🤣
  • @magnolia209 maybe my brain is still set on the May bmb time line seeing as both my kids were born in May. 
  • @jhysmath And it begins. 😬
  • scimomma said:
    My husband cooked lunch today. I was feeling a little queasy and might have snuck my broccoli to the dog when no one was looking like a five year old 
    Oh, he'll know later, if your husband has a nose. 😂
    DD 10/2019
  • @magnolia209 I think @jhysmath jinxed us lol
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman I know, Right? 

@wiseh I know, I’ve been struggling with work. I can’t totally check out because I’m so busy right now, but it’s such a struggle! Work is the last thing I feel like thinking about right now! 

Our group actually seems full of very nice online personalities so far. I think we’re going to find a nice balance. 
  • @kboydbowman.... Was there a tp schmear you got to witness??? 😂
  • @kboydbowman.... Was there a tp schmear you got to witness??? 😂
  • hahaha @magnolia209 I am so busy as well but I really cbf. We are WFH due to a COVID outbreak and I have spent my whole first day on here catching up 🤣 
  • @jhysmath There is a one-off with no comments. Don’t look if you are feeling nauseous. But, yeah… it’s like you jinxed us! 🤪
  • @magnolia209 I think @kboydbowman took care of it, because it's deleted. 
  • I'm not an admin, so I didn't delete it, but I did respond telling them the appropriate place for their post, so maybe they deleted it?
    Current pregnancy -

• @jhysmath
    just checked, it's still there - it's the one entitled "Spotting - So Nervous"
    Current pregnancy -

• Let's try not to flame her, ladies. She righted her wrong and is in a very delicate spot right now. She needs support, not flaming.
    DD 10/2019
  • @wiseh I spent 2 hours Friday filling out daycare waitlist applications. Hope work doesn’t check my browser history 🤞
  • Haha @laj0217 hopefully not! Thank you for the reminder though, I need to do the same! 
  • @wiseh I mean if work concentration continues to be a problem, daycare apps are a definite distraction 😂