January 2022 Moms

Maybe my water broke?

So I'm at the hospital because my water might have broken. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I woke up in the early morning due to some sharp pain and then felt a gush of something. Went to pee... needed to pee. So I figured maybe it was just my bladder. Went back to bed but each time I rolled over, I felt another small gush. I decided to call my OB this morning just to check to see what she thought and she told me to come to L/D. 
So now I'm sitting here all strapped up. I'm apparently having some occasional contractions (I cannot tell though!). I am just waiting to see the doctor to see if my water broke! 

Re: Maybe my water broke?

• Wooohooo. Fingers crossed it's all happening happening you!!
  • I hope everything is going okay and you get to meet your little one soon! 
  • Loading the player...
  • alpacamama2alpacamama2 member
    edited January 2022
    Update: water hasn't broken yet. 😩 But they did confirm that I am likely in very early labor. They gave me the choice to stay at the hospital and see how I progress... and if I don't, then get induced. Or go home for early labor and come back when I'm further along. Everything looks good with my health and baby's. She was not in distress- just hanging out waiting for her next move haha. 
    I chose to go home. I just felt like being comfortable in my own space for early labor was more important. And I would like to avoid being induced...especially this early on! 
    We made it home from the hospital before the winter weather got bad. Now I am just hoping she will chill until the snow stops and is clear from the road 🙃
  • @lilyfox Good luck!  Hope all goes well.
  • @lilyfox glad to hear you two are okay. I hope you have/had a safe delivery.
  • It's been a week! But she has arrived and is home! LO was born 1/18 (2 days before due date!). Labor was long but pretty straightforward.  Now to adjust to being a new mom and all the sleep deprivation that comes with it!