1st Trimester

When did you first feel “quickening,butterflies” or any fetal movement?

I am currently going on 13 weeks pregnant with my second child. I remember being pregnant with my son (26 months old now) I started feeling movements around 16 weeks. I was very small then & am still small now. The past few days or so though I have been feeling as if I can feel the quickening type of movements. Only when I am relaxed and in a quiet space. The past three nights I have been laying in bed trying to drift off to sleep when I will start feeling crazy things happening in my belly! 😂 Sometimes I wonder if I’m just going crazy or am overly excited but it is indescribable compared to anything else. It feels exactly like it did with my first pregnancy & I just know it! Lol curious to hear some other stories or feedback. When did you first start feeling baby move? 🤍 I wish everyone who reads this the most wonderful & empowering pregnancy, with the most perfect baby you can’t even dream up! 🤰🤍

Re: When did you first feel “quickening,butterflies” or any fetal movement?

• Pretty common to feel movement earlier in a second pregnancy. 13 weeks is early but not outside the realm of possibility, especially if you’re paying close attention. I felt movement with my first around 17/18 and with my second around the same time but I have an anterior placenta this time which impacted that timing.
  • With my son, 13 weeks. With this one, 9 weeks and stronger every few days!!
  • Loading the player...
  • With my first I felt it around 14 weeks. With my second it wasn’t until 18/19 weeks (anterior placenta).
  • I thought I could feel it at 13w. I'm almost 14w now, but i'm not certain if it's the baby or just gas. It feels like I'm being poked with gentle but firm pressure on one side of my stomach. This is my first pregnancy so I'm pretty inexperienced. Although I have a posterior placenta, and I'm told I could feel the baby earlier because of that.