March 2022 Moms
Options

Thankful Thursday!

Thankful Thursday! Happy Thanksgiving to our American bumpers today. 

What are you thankful for today? 

Bonus: Favorite Thanksgiving side dish?

Re: Thankful Thursday!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kgg2241 I love green bean casserole!! I guess that makes me a weirdo too lol. 
    @friends-fan sorry to hear your DD is still feeling poorly, but I am glad that your appetite is back! Hopefully a low key snuggly day or two will help her feel better too! 
  • Options
    @goldfishcraker Thats awesome for a night out!  I understand, I've never done a bedtime away from DD and I'm super anxious for when ill be in the hospital with baby boy of how she will do with someone else.  I'm thinking of making sure DH is the one with her, even if that means I'm alone. We don't necessarily have family that I trust with her, if they were to even offer.
    The haircut sounds like a good time there!  Thats awesome that they have those to make it such a comforting environment for littles! 

@gembud I'm sure thats a relief, that must be tough!  And the stuffing/dressing.  My DH aunt makes a dressing that I'm currently craving.  I'm hoping some makes it to my delivery plate!  
  • Options
    @friends-fan The only nights I've spent away from DD1 were when I was in the hospital for my hemhorrage and then when DD2 was born...and she's almost 8. I've never spent an evening away from DD2 so I'm a little nervous about being away from her at night for the birth too. Luckily they will still be at home with my parents, so the routine doesn't change, but I know bedtime will be tough for her. I'm hoping I only need to be in the hospital 1 night...but with another RCS it might end up being 2. But I'm definitely hoping it's not more than that. I would send SO home to stay with them but if he leaves he won't be allowed back (COVID policy) so I want to see how I'm recovering first before I send him away :)
  • Options
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains aw so fun! He is adorable!
  • Options
    @Panaceia and @kgg2241
    Thank you. :) He’s just so delighted with new experiences(and food).
    Last Thanksgiving he was too little to have any of it, so this year we let him have a little bit of everything. His favorite was the canned cranberries lol
  • Options
    I am thankful for so much this year! A hubby who loves cooking who agreed to host my family this year, a delightful daughter who kept us smiling and laughing all day, wonderful family and friends who supported me while I was a shell of a nauseated human for three months, and of course science and vaccines!

Favorite side dish this year was for sure the sweet potato casserole with marshmallows (so, basically dessert on the dinner plate 😂)
  • Options
    Thankful for my growing little family and a super supportive boyfriend whom my family absolutely adores. Fav dish is yams and cranberry sauce.Happy Turkey day everyone!!!!!  
  • Options
    I’m thankful for my husband, who has been an absolute rock during this very hormonal pregnancy. I’m grateful for my parents, who drove up and made yesterday one of the most delightful thanksgivings we’ve ever had. All of us love to cook, and I’m grateful that the food yesterday was out of this world. Smoked spatchcocked turkey is soooo tasty. We made two cranberry sauces, the turkey, stuffing (dressing technically since it wasn’t in the bird), mashed potatoes, gravy, creamed onions, a sweet potato strudel, and a persimmon pomegranate hazelnut arugula salad. And three pies (pumpkin pecan, apple, and chocolate chess). It was amaaaazing. I think my favorite side is the stuffing. Yummmmm
  • Options
    @friends-fan I’m the same way. I’ve never been away from DS at night, and there is no one I trust to be there with him. I have been so worried about my hospital stay with this one. MH will need to be with him in the evenings and night. Which brings me to what I’m thankful for. My cousin who knows we don’t have much support from parents offered to come for a few days at the beginning, and I’m going to ask her to be here for the nights I’m in the hospital (I’m having a c-section so I’m assuming it’ll be 2 nights) so MH can be with our son. Im so thankful she is willing to leave her husband and daughter for a few days fo help out. It was a very unexpected offer, but it was the perfect offer because I have been so worried about having to be by myself during the nights at the hospital.