April 2022 Moms

Fit Mom Friday 11/19

Fit Mom Friday is a fun way to help us on our healthy pregnancy goals. Fit is whatever it means to you!

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): 

Week's Successes:

Week's Challenges: 

GTKY: What is your proudest workout/exercise/fitness achievement?

Re: Fit Mom Friday 11/19

• Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Exercise 3-5x/week to prepare for labor, delivery, and recovery!

Week's Successes: One workout, guys! (Pauses for applause) Better than my zero workouts the past few weeks lol I’m counting it as a win. It was 35 minutes of a nice, stretching, calm yoga flow, and I felt great afterwards. Once we reach my parents’ house this weekend I’m counting on a lot more downtime so it will be easier to find time.

Week's Challenges: Just moving stuff, very emotional. 

GTKY: What is your proudest workout/exercise/fitness achievement? I did my first half-marathon pushing DD6 in a stroller when she was 15 months old. DH “ran” with me (he’s a full foot taller and a marathon runner so my running pace is his speed-walking pace) and we traded off with the stroller. It was an awesome experience, I ran the whole way and DD6 just slept the whole time. Hoping to make that a goal next year with the newest LO!
  • Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Yoga 3-4x/week after work, daily walks during my lunch break, and eat healthy to prepare my body for an easier labor and birth!

Week's Successes: Yoga 3x this week (skipped one day because it was mine and hubby’s 11 year anniversary!), and walked 4/5 days during my lunch break (skipped one walk due to rainy weather). 

Week's Challenges: Today was our office Thanksgiving potluck, and ooooooffffff am I stuffed. 😅 I tried to only eat healthier foods like the green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, etc but I think all the sugar and butter got to me. It just feels yucky full. I’m starting to notice a pattern— food is prettyyyy consistently my weakness every week. 🙈

GTKY: What is your proudest workout/exercise/fitness achievement? Hmmm that one would probably be when I took a weekend certification course to become a Buti Yoga Instructor at my local yoga studio, because I loved the practice so much and really just wanted a weekend of fun! It was so intense, I was literally all jello by the end of the 2nd day, when I had to do a 10 minute demo class. I pulled my jello limbs onto my mat and must have done something right because all the instructors who worked at that studio (who were also there getting their certifications) asked me to start teaching at their studio, which was totally unexpected!! So I kind of fell into teaching there. It was actually afterward that I then completed my 200 hour yoga teacher certification, which I am also very proud of! By then I felt much more comfortable demoing an hour long regular yoga class since I was so experienced at teaching already! 🧘🏽‍♀️

• Loading the player...
  • Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): workout at least 3x a week

Week's Successes: Ha! I waited until Saturday so because of today I managed to get in 3 workouts this week. ;) Plus two walks - one was through a flooded field and really wore me out. 

Week's Challenges: I was pretty stressed the beginning of the week. 

GTKY: What is your proudest workout/exercise/fitness achievement? Once upon a time I was cool and rode horses. And spent a few summers working at a camp where I spent all day riding, training, leading trail rides and teaching kids, as well as chores. It didn’t feel like I was working out but I have never been as strong as I was then - arms, legs, and core. 
  • Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): minimize weight gain, have an easier labor

Week's Successes: I didn’t do much during the week, but ran 2.5 miles yesterday and did an almost 3-mile hike today with the fam. Keeping moving at least!

Week's Challenges: the rain, cold, and early dark just make it so hard to get workouts in regularly! I wish I had a treadmill and home gym. 

GTKY: What is your proudest workout/exercise/fitness achievement? I’d say it’s a tie between placing at college nationals in swimming (NAIA, but still cool) and doing the swim portion of a half Ironman relay at 8 months pregnant with DS4.