1st Trimester

10 weeks, already showing and concerned

This is my first pregnancy and I am 10 weeks pregnant. I am already showing and putting hair ties around my buttons on my pants. I have always been extremely thin, people joke that I would dissappear when I turned sideways, and now I'm all of a sudden showing a bump. Is this normal? Should I be worried about being too big? I eat fruits veggies crackers and protein as I should which is also a large diet change for me. I wasn't normally eating 3 meals a day before I became pregnant. Thank you for any answers or advice. 

Answers

• I feel like I'm showing too at 9 weeks, also first pregnancy. Some of it might just be bloat but some definitely isn't. I think it's normal to show early if you're thin. I'm nervous about how big I'll get later on too if I already feel the difference now 😅
  • This is my first pregnancy and I am 10 weeks pregnant. I am already showing and putting hair ties around my buttons on my pants. I have always been extremely thin, people joke that I would dissappear when I turned sideways, and now I'm all of a sudden showing a bump. Is this normal? Should I be worried about being too big? I eat fruits veggies crackers and protein as I should which is also a large diet change for me. I wasn't normally eating 3 meals a day before I became pregnant. Thank you for any answers or advice. 
    Congrats! You are BLOATED, not showing.  Your fetus is tiny and it is not a baby bump, its a bloat bump.  Increase water and fiber intake, it can help.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with what @harpseal135 said, at 10 weeks, it's almost assuredly all bloat. Make sure you drink plenty of water so you don't get constipated in addition to the bloat! 

That being said, everyone shows at different times. Because you were thin prior to pregnancy, you might show quicker than someone like myself, who is a bit curvy with a long torso, and could hide it for a long time (like 20 wks with my first). Also, I was fully in maternity pants at 10 weeks with my first, and 8-9 weeks with my 2nd, so there's nothing wrong with you needing them now. 
  • Also agree with what @harpseal135 said. Alllll bloat! When I was pregnant with my first I was also extremely thin. I showed around 18/19 weeks but only myself and mh could notice. No one else noticed until after 20 weeks when I actually had a tiny bump. But everyone does show at different times, but definitely not until the second trimester. 
  • edited November 2021
    In the "How Big is Baby" week by week updates on this app, the 9 week one says you could be showing already because your uterus is expanding. Even though your baby is still tiny. 😊 I definitely don't think mine is all bloat~

Edit: and just read the 10 week update, it says you "absolutely can" have a baby bump at 10 weeks. :) Even the 8 week one was talking about potentially showing, so I wouldn't worry that you're too big!
  • This is my first pregnancy and I am 10 weeks pregnant. I am already showing and putting hair ties around my buttons on my pants. I have always been extremely thin, people joke that I would dissappear when I turned sideways, and now I'm all of a sudden showing a bump. Is this normal? Should I be worried about being too big? I eat fruits veggies crackers and protein as I should which is also a large diet change for me. I wasn't normally eating 3 meals a day before I became pregnant. Thank you for any answers or advice. 
    Congrats! You are BLOATED, not showing.  Your fetus is tiny and it is not a baby bump, its a bloat bump.  Increase water and fiber intake, it can help.  
    Ok so agree to disagree here. Baby might be tiny but her uterus is likely the size of a large grapefruit at 10 weeks.