Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Friday 10/29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Friday 10/29

• Month/Cycle: too many

CD/DPO: 20/8? 6?

Timing: i would like to think good, but ?

Typical LP length: 15-16

Testing: can't decide if i want to waste a test or not

R/R: it's my saturday, guys! and i gave myself a gift by doing all the vacuuming and scrubbing the stovetop yesterday evening after i got home from work, so i don't have to start things off today with those chores. one thing i'm not looking forward to this weekend is a mountain of tardy grading that i really, really need to do something about. i didn't wind up taking myself out to a cafe yesterday so maybe i'll motivate myself for work by doing that.

CS/Q: not much new to report here. normally i'm deep into SS nonsense by this point on cycles where i have cause to SS (and sometimes even when i don't, because that's what living in my brain is like). this time around, i have few symptoms to spot so far, so that's a...relief? i guess?
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @optimistgardener I love waking up on a day off with a clean(ish) house and not feeling like I gotta do stuff right away. Sometimes I get caught up in SS to the point that no symptoms starts to feel like a symptom. 

Month/Cycle: 12

CD/DPO: 27/12

Timing: meh

Typical LP length: 12-13

Testing: no plans but I expect AF today or tomorrow. 

R/R:  not much to rant or rave about. Happy it's Friday, and all of my meetings have been cancelled for the day!  Looking forward to a relaxing weekend!

CS/Q: nope
  • Loading the player...
  • @walkawaynee yay for friday and no meetings! i totally get ss'ing to the point where even no symptoms becomes a symptom. part of my goal here is that by saying things "out loud" i can reduce the hypnotic pull of their seeming significance and not obsess about them this cycle. actually though, i'll say that my recent history of egg retrieval failure in which all my embryos were abnormal in a weird way sort of helps me stay calm through this half-assed effort at a natural cycle before my next ER. like, i don't need to bother getting my hopes up if i know how hard it is to even get a normal embryo out of me with all the medical assistance a fertility clinic can offer. Enjoy a quiet end to the week!

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • @optimistgardener Well done on the early house cleaning- that's so satisfying. And I feel you on the grading. I don't have any to do now but I think I still have PTSD from all the grading I let pile up during lockdown last winter  :#
    @walkawaynee No meetings, hallelujah!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 24/11

Timing: -1, O

Typical LP length: 11

Testing: tomorrow if no AF

R/R: It's my Saturday, too! I did a bunch of life admin and also just talked to my mother for 2.5 hours 😂 I speak to her infrequently but we can chat for ages when we get going. Just taking it easy and being gentle with myself after a rough week.

CS/Q: Well, if FF was right on O (it wasn't) then AF is late. If I'm right it's due tomorrow. I'm basically a SS wreck but holding out until tomorrow to test. It will be our anniversary so trying not to get my hopes up for a pretty epic present (and failing miserably. Ah, TTC.)
  • @Paturkey gah. it's that day and change right at the end of the LP that really just make a gal lose her mind. fingers crossed for you.
    History
  • @optimistgardener same with not really having high hopes this last natural cycle before my ER. Between my AMA and low morphology issues I am mostly just anxiously awaiting AF so I can get moving on the ER prep. 

@Paturkey It's so hard to not fantasize about that perfect timing, right? I hope you are able to have a nice weekend and take it easy after your rough week! 
  • @optimistgardener Yes! It's like I turn into a lunatic at about CD9-10 (11 day LP). Thanks for the hopes!
    @walkawaynee It is. Thanks so much! Having friends over for roasted chestnuts so that should be nice.