Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday 9/16

What’s your unpopular opinion this week?

Re: UO Thursday 9/16

• I have one this week so I selfishly started this thread for myself. Lol. I’ve been sitting on this since Sunday…

I don’t like football. I don’t care about football in the slightest. It’s not entertaining for me. The best part about football sundays, is the food. 

Sometimes I wish I could like football, but I just don’t. 
  • On the topic of football - I haven't watched any games so I don't know what's been going on this season, but I hate when big events like football pop some kind of political message in.

I just want to enjoy the game man... Instead it brings up feelings how we're so polarized these days and it would be nice to have something that allows you to forget about all the shit in the world for a few hours.

What actually brought these thoughts to mind was AOC's "tax the rich" dress from the met gala that was a couple days ago. Is it just me, or was that a little weird considering a ticket to the met gala costs thousands of dollars? I get that the rich being referred to is the ultra rich/wealthy but still... Kinda weird right?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 I just read an article on that, in general elected officials are invited to the gala free of charge, so (without getting super political) it made sense because the gala is a rich person's event. which I hope makes sense, I'm not sure how to phrase it without delving too far into politics.
  • @fantasyflyte interesting. Must be nice to get into a swanky event for free lol. What's the purpose of the met gala anyway?

Her dress reminded me of a toddler drawing with lipstick lol.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • My other ou (which might be more of a fffc) is that I’m very happy to have no idea what y’all are talking about. Lol. 
  • @paytonpedro oh man I LOVE football. Currently even rocking a Buffalo Bills mani 😂 and I’m in 3 fantasy football leagues. Football  season is my favorite!
  • @inthewoods23 it's a fundraiser for the museum or one of its programs, I believe. I honestly have absolutely no idea what actually happens at the gala, since the coverage I see is only ever about the red carpet and the outfits lol.

On the football, my husband is an avid sports fan and has tried to explain football to me, but I just don't get it. I get straightforward sports like basketball and baseball, but football seems to have so many arbitrary things involved.
  • @inthewoods23 @fantasyflyte so i actually know the answer to this! the met gala supports the costume institute which is the only self funded portion of the met (the rest of the met is funded by a combo of tax grants from NY, endowments and admission fees). so the whole point is to raise money for this one department by selling tickets that are insane in cost ... something like $35k so they say (that then those famous wealthy people write off of their taxes, which is where the irony of AOC's dress is for me - but hey, they're following tax code!!). the secondary point which is the fashion - it gets a lot of rather unknown designers a lot of press, which hey, that's their livelihood so i personally see no shame in supporting creatives in that way. and yes, it is totally normal for NY politicians to attend the event in support of the arts. 
  • @gingermama29 yeah see like I want to be like that. But I’m just so uninterested. lol. 
     I do always chant for the jets. Mostly because it pisses my husband off, but also because I just like their chant. 🤣🤣 I couldn’t even tell you anything about the team except they wear green. 

But anyways GO BILLS!
  • @paytonpedro hahaha the only version of the Jets chant we do in my family is J-E-T-S suck  suck suck! 😂 we’re all hardcore Buffalo fans. I was raised in a football loving family.
  • I'm going to jump into the football talk! We love football in our house too - we're Patriots fans but now watch Buccs games too because...Brady. My husband does usually 3 leagues and Draft King every year and usually makes like $1200 profit each season! I used to do fantasy but I just don't have time anymore. 
  • Like @jellie603 We're big Pats fans and also keep up with Brady and the Buccs. DH is in three fantasy football leagues so I have to try to keep up with all that. I was a cheerleader for many years, so I learned the game that way. Nothing worse then calling an offensive cheer when your team is on defense.. lol.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited September 2021
    @jellie603 & @tessiesmom26 I promise I don’t mean to offend anyone for any reason because, again, I don’t care about football in the slightest. But when I saw this while watching a game a few years ago with mh I peed*** my pants I was laughing so hard. Not even sure why it hit me like that! 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️ Surely @gingermama29 remembers this one? 
     Edit because I don’t proof read.

On a side note mh has always loved the bills and buccs so I guess he’s a Brady fan now too? Lol. 

• @gingermama29 also, mh would probably appreciate that one! Lol. Maybe if I’m in a good mood and they’re playing I’ll surprise him with it. Hah. But making him mad is fun too. There’s actually a house we pass frequently driving around that has both a bills and a jets flag hanging and mh always jokes we could do that, but I honestly don’t even like the jets. 🤣🤣
  • @paytonpedro omg that is hilarious 😂😂 - not offended we have a sense of humor haha! My favorite shirt I have is a Red Sox one that says "Jeter drinks wine coolers" (moving to baseball here and clearly old but hey, quality comedy). 

@tessiesmom26 that is a great way to learn the game real fast - nothing like the players rolling their eyes at you haha!
  • @jellie603 I’m sitting here chuckling. That’s hilarious as well. 
  • @paytonpedro hahahaha not only do I remember it, I think I may have actually been at that game? I was dying laughing at that. Hahaha we do love hating on Tom Brady. 
  • Being from Cleveland I feel like football and baseball are in my blood. It helps that the Browns are finally in a place where people don’t look at me with pity when I share my sports alliances lol.
  • I honestly don't think I have ever seen a football game in its entirety. I'm with you @paytonpedro on not caring about football at all. Thankfully DH doesn't care about football either.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @pinkkillersheep Oh, everyone loves a long-suffering Cleveland fan :) I am a Raider fan and when we went to games with friends we'd always tell them to cool it on their other allegiances... except for Steve. He went with us to support the Browns (over ten years ago) and even Raiders fans were kind to him because well, it's the Browns  :D Best of luck this season!