TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: Unpopular Opinion 9/9

• Options
    brookert615brookert615 member
    edited September 2021
    I have a couple but they're connected:

Fall is meh - I never decorate and if my husband would agree - we would've already been decorated for Christmas.

Pumpkin flavored drinks and foods are gross.

eta: words.
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 what????   I love fall, but I also decorate for Christmas way sooner than any of my family approve of lol.   And pumpkin everything is my jam!  I take personal offense to your hate of pumpkin 🎃  🤣
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hahaha best way to start this thread... I def agree with you @brookert615 they ruin so much with "pumpkin spice" everything... though I do enjoy the original pumpkin pie... for Thanksgiving.. once a year and I am "pumpkinned out" :) 
  • Options
    @brookert615 ahh I love fall! I am one of those Pinterest wannabe moms though, so I save a bunch of ideas for decorating and pumpkin everything but then I literally do NOTHING. And then it’s Christmas, so we just do that! I can handle that! 🤣🎄

My unpopular opinion is I hate rides, amusement parks, fairs, etc. I have since I was a small kid. I will absolutely REFUSE to ride a ride I am not comfortable with, which is most. People have given me so much crap about it, oh it’s so fun it won’t be that bad. Uh no, I will not. Lol. I genuinely get pretty motion sick, and hate the feeling of being out of control like that. 

Disney World is okay though, because there’s so much stuff to do! 
  • Options
    @brookert615 I also hate pumpkin drinks and food!!! I do like fall though and fall mums and pumpkins are pretty. 
  • Options
    @rgn12 Hahah I love it! I just love the magic of Christmas decorations so I want it extended as long as possible. That's crazy about the rides but sorry people give you a tough time! 
    TW
  • Options
    mockingjay1mockingjay1 member
    edited September 2021
    @brookert615 WHAT?!?! Fall is my absolute FAVORITE! I'm not into pumpkin flavored things (other than pumpkin pie), but it's my favorite weather ever, comfy sweatshirts and leggings are my jam, and football is my favorite sport. I do agree on loving Christmas but it's so freaking cold so other than the spirit and decor around the holiday, I prefer fall. 

@rgn12 The only amusement parks I've ever been to besides the county fair are Disney World and Universal Orlando. And those are both a-freaking-mazing IMO haha. The rides, the magic, everything. Not sure if I'd like a six flags as much or not. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @brookert615 I’m not big on seasonal decorating but after living in the south and growing up in the Midwest, I have a lot more love for fall activities than I did before. Apple picking is probably my favorite. Also, pumpkin chocolate chip bread is fantastic. Just saying. 

My UO is ranch dressing is utterly gross and should definitely not be a condiment for pizza. That being said, I’ve gone through three bottles of ranch this pregnancy. Hormones are weird. 
  • Options
    @kats0727 lol about the ranch!  Hormones are definitely weird!  I LOVE chocolate chip pumpkin bread.  My old boss used to make it every fall and it was the best!
  • Options
    @kats0727 We're truly opposites - born and raised in the South, living in the Midwest, so needless to say, my opinions are completely different from yours. :D Never had pumpkin chocolate chip bread, but it sounds intriguing. Maybe something to try after this GD nonsense (sounds like I'm cussin, but I mean diabetes lol).
  • Options
    @RDFree32 ive got it too. I might try making it with splenda. I’ll let you know how it goes. 
  • Options
    I’ve never gotten into all the pumpkin flavored stuff, but will always go for a good ol pumpkin pie!! 
    And sorry you feel that way @kats0727 but pizza and ranch go together like peanut butter goes with jelly 😜
  • Options
    @kats0727 @RDFree32 Check out Lily's chocolate chips for that bread! They're sweetened with stevia!
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 Game. Changer. 
  • Options
    I love fall & hate pumpkin flavored drinks & foods too. Lol. My unpopular opinion is sex before marriage😜
  • Options
    @RDFree32 definitely made the pumpkin chocolate chip bread subbing in the Lily’s chocolate chips (thanks @brookert615!) and Splenda baking mixes. So freaking good. I think it would count as 2 carbs (perfect for snack or breakfast!).
  • Options
    @kats0727 Glad it worked out!!!
    TW