Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 8.19

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Thursday 8.19

• Options

Month/Cycle: 26/1 AL

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: Clomid & TI

R/R: I cannot wait for my new hot water heater tomorrow. Ice cold showers are not for the faint of heart! I also finally got in touch with my doctor’s office yesterday and I am doing another cycle with Clomid. Here’s hoping this one ends better than last. 

CS/Q:  

• Options
    @gingermama29 I'm sure your showers have been much faster being ice cold :D the place we vacation in the summer is in a rural part of the state so they have massive propane tanks for heating water and in the middle of our vacation it ran out. My ILs had to phone the owner like "hey we're out of hot water here" and thankfully they were able to have a company come out later that day to replace it. Unfortunately for DH and I we picked that day to go to the zoo so we absolutely had to shower with the freezing cold water while everyone else just waited. I was so bummed. I'm glad your doctor's office finally got back to you! GL this cycle!

Month/Cycle: 50/10 AL

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: gf/df diet, opks, bbt, covid vaccine tomorrow

R/R: we finally did trivia with my parents last night. It was super fun. Super loud though (go figure in the bar area). We will definitely join them again. Now I'm just looking forward to the weekend with dose 2 of the vaccine tomorrow and then we're having a few friends over for a bonfire on Saturday.

CS/Q: vaccine question - how crappy am I going to end up feeling and how long should I expect to feel that way? I wonder if I'm going to feel like crap during the bonfire the next day.

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 honestly, it’s so different from person to person. I had no side effects the next day except a sore arm, but DH felt like crap for about 24 hours. None of my family members had any side effects but the sore arm and fatigue the next day. Anyone I know that did get sick was back to normal in 24-36 hours. FX for you that you don’t feel sick! Yay for shot #2!
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 agreed with @gingermama29 it could go either way! My husband didn't feel anything after the second dose until 2 days after and he was down for the count for 24 hours. I felt tired the night I got it and was fine when I woke up in the AM. Hope yours is smooth!

Month/Cycle: 1/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Charting, starting temping tomorrow morning, HIO often, prenatals, OPKs

R/R: Went out to volunteer at our doggo's daycare yesterday and they need HELP with their office admin work. I'm excited to get everything organized so they can focus all their energy on the dogs in their care! 

CS/Q: Can someone explain my AF to me 😂. TMI .... TW .... not sure 
    AF started 3 days early this past Monday (it was supposed to start today) and it was like a crime scene. Extremely heavy with some clots and this was constant until maybe late last night. Now I have nothing going on, not even spotting. This has never happened to me before and I find it weird that it happened at the end of our first cycle TTC. Any thoughts? Is my body just adjusting to so extra external stuff going on?

• Options
    @gingermama29 thanks! I've been curious if side effects are different depending on whether or not a person had covid in the past. My friend seemed to have had no issues but suspects she had covid last year before the tests were even available while her husband felt sick from it for idk how long. DH and I think it's possible we may have both gotten it back in March 2020 - he got sick in the beginning of the month and then about 2 weeks later I was sick. I wouldn't mind being babied for a day if it knocks me down :D 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options

@gingermama29 I can't imagine dealing with no hot water for that long! I'm glad the new one arrives soon. Glad you were able to get in touch with the doctor and fingers crossed this one's the good one.

@inthewoods23 First off, go you for getting the shot! It is possible you'll feel like crap the next day. My husband and I got the Pfizer one and both felt like crap starting about 12 hours after the shot, and lasting for about a day. It was actually kind of neat/wild to see - his appointment was half an hour before mine, and I started to feel like crap half an hour after he did. He had fever/chills and malaise, I had joint soreness, so we just lounged around. On the other hand, my sister and mom also had Pfizer and the only reaction either of them had to the second dose was my mom had a bit of a headache. Fingers crossed you're one of the ones who doesn't have a reaction!

@jellie603 did you just recently come off birth control? If so, your body may just be adjusting. If not, and/or if you're worried, it couldn't hurt to give your gyn a call just to see if it's something they're concerned about or just something to keep an eye on.

Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon, metformin for me, vit e and c for him

R/R: rainy, rainy day here. Probably just going to putz around and work on some cross stitch or something. I want to work on my test cake but I need to save it for tomorrow so it'll be fresh for other people to eat on Saturday.

CS/Q: nothing exciting yet, probably going to start OPKs this weekend.

• Options
    @fantasyflyte I haven't been on birth control in 5 years so that's definitely not it. I have an appointment to establish care at the end of September (since we are new to our area) so I guess I will chalk it up to a fluke for now and see what this cycle brings. Thanks!
  • Options
    @jellie603 thanks! I find it interesting that everyone here so far as said if anything they're down for maybe a day while I know DH has said some of his coworkers have gotten really sick from it and actually regret getting it. You can't really know though if getting actual covid would be better/worse. I will have to report back next week how I feel. FWIW with AF, sometimes they are just really wonky. I used to have cycles with good sized clots but that's changed over the years. Going gluten and dairy free has probably helped that a little bit too.

@fantasyflyte pretty sure my immune system is overactive so I'm kind of hoping I don't feel any different but you never know. I'll take your rain if you don't want it lol. Everything is just getting baked in the sun here. Poor plants!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 lurking re covid/vaccine/getting covid - been vaxed since march, got covid in july, assuming delta. so glad to be vaxed, it was more than a cold but less than the flu. started off w/runny nose and sinus pain, 48 hrs of a cough and low fever (101.5 was hightest it got) and just a bad bad headache and fatigue for abotu 4-5 days. was taking a 2 nap midday. but could get up and function around the house.
  • Options
    pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited August 2021
    @inthewoods23 i got pfizer, and for #2 I had a low grade fever the next day, exhaustion that lasted maybe 4-5 days after, and I think I had some chills overnight the evening I got the shot. I don't know for sure, I was kind of delirious and tired and just remember being cold and feeling weird. 🤷‍♀️ Also...the injection site hurt like a b*tch for about a week after. Minor swelling, redness, and couldn't even touch it, it hurt that bad. Overall, minor annoyances. 

ETA: I have an overactive immune system as well (helloooo AI diseases). It's my running theory as to why both shots have randomly given me wicked post nasal drip.

@gingermama29 I'll follow up your reply to my comment yesterday...omg that sucks that your water is still ice cold. I guess I forget that water is cold when you don't live in the south 😂 take a super long hot toasty shower (or bath!) tomorrow and enjoy!

@jellie603 I was going to ask about BC too, weird that that wasn't it. 

@fantasyflyte man, I haven't cross stitched since I was in elementary school! Probably from one of those typical 90s kid arts and craft packs 😂 I remember it being very relaxing though, kinda of like paint by numbers. 

Month/Cycle: 3AL
    CD: 11
    WAYDTGKU: BBT,cm, opk
    R/R: remember my mystery pepper that DH brought home from work? It's still not dead! I can't believe it. I did have to move it to slightly different spot to keep it out of the afternoon sun, and it definitely appreciated that. Here's a picture, it's just grown like 4 more leaves at this point, but I'm v. proud 😂 I've got some other stuff sprouting in the pot and I have legitimately no idea what they could be. Weeds are likely, and also perhaps cilantro because I attempted to grow that at the beginning of the year. 🤦‍♀️

CS/Q: nope