April 2022 Moms

Symptoms - August

13»

Re: Symptoms - August

• I’m 7w + 5 and so far no nausea, I read that people prone to motion sickness have more MS so I expected I would spend my days by the trash can! Thankful to not be but hoping everything is ok as this is my first go around unsure how my body will react. I’ve had minimal symptoms so far - sore boobs, exhaustion, and hangover like feeling at times.
  • My nausea seems to have lightened up in the last few days. Which of course has me freaking out instead of being excited. I’ve been taking unisom every day so not sure if that’s finally kicking in? Ugh!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh this exhaustion is real. I'm a stay at home mom and the past few days have spent the majority of the day in bed. I'm feeling guilty that I'm failing my 3 year old. He is such a good boy and just plays and watches tv in his playroom but I just want to get up and play with him! But every time I get up I feel dizzy and nauseous and just plain exhausted. I hope I start feeling like myself again soon, I feel like I'm letting him down. 
  • I've been totally freaking out since finding out I'm pregnant this week.  I'm 9wks and absolutely no nausea.  I should be happy,  but it's just so weird.  Every single pregnancy before this one I was puking my guts out by 4-5 weeks, usually I lose 15-20lbs in the 1st trimester. Last time I was still throwing up at 8mo and by the time I had my baby I had been so sick that only gained 5lbs! But this time 9wks and nothing?  my oldest saysaybe I just used up all a person's nausea already, so I get a free pass this time. I absolutely prefer this, but still, it's super disorienting.

• @todzillamom Aww well hopefully this pregnancy is a breeze for you! 😊
  • Ivorytower2Ivorytower2 member
    edited August 2021
    @todzillamom are your other children all boys or all girls? Wonder if that could be the difference. I have two girls so far and was sick with both so I always wonder about this. 
  • All girls, so yeah, I'm definitely suspicious! Making sure to get a decent list of boys names this time around :-)
  • @sarahhedger7 I empathize with you big time...it is so tough. I have a 2 year old and feel the same way. She keeps asking me to play and I feel so nauseous and exhausted every time I stand up, but also so guilty I am not as present or responsive right now. I want to make the most of these next 9 months with just her!
  • @knm383 Thanks, I'm glad I'm not alone. Hopefully first trimester will go by quickly for us so we can enjoy our big kids before the baby gets here.
  • Please add emotional to my list!
    Here I am crying that this is the last week my girls will spend together at home playing  before my oldest heads off to preschool. I also cried at my friends montage of her son for his birthday. 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Update: Got the Zofran, but now the constipation is so real. I really feel like I need to take it every day to eat and somewhat function. I skipped it a few days ago because I was feeling okish and by the evening I was suffering big time. Any tips?
  • @Ivorytower2 tips for constipation? Metamucil capsules (I think they're easier to take than liquid), lots of water, high fiber diet, colace, probiotics, fermented foods like sauerkraut, kefir, etc
  • @Ivorytower2 Stay hydrated and eat lots of fiber rich foods. My last pregnancy I used dulcolax stool softener. Unfortunately, I'm getting to the point again where I'll probably need to start taking it again.
  • Ivorytower2Ivorytower2 member
    edited August 2021
    @doxiemoxie212 @sarahhedger7 thank you both. I ordered colace. Wonder if one pill a day is enough? I also have Psyllium Husk pills and probiotics and I think I’m pretty hydrated. I def could not handle any fermented foods right now, but could probably do yogurt in a smoothie or something. Thanks for the tips!
  • Has anyone else been sleeping like 11 hours a night? 
  • @Ivorytower2 I think I’m averaging 9, but I’d love to get 11!

my nausea has gotten slightly better the last 2 days. I’m not sure if it’s just because I’m hitting 9 week mark or if I made some changes that worked. I was able to cook dinner tonight for the first time in about a month 😂
    Here’s what I’ve changed in the last 3 days:
    prenatals before bed instead of in the morning
    taking Unisom +B6 at bed every night (I think this is the magic one!)
    eating a decent snack/ second lunch

• @Ivorytower2 Yes. Between 9 and 11 hours. Growing a baby takes a lot of energy! 
  • @Ivorytower2 YES I’ve been going to sleep at 8:30 every night and sleeping 9 1/2 to 10 hours consistently. And I seriously could just keep going if it weren’t for work! 😂 So sleepy. All the time.

• No, I've mostly had insomnia. 6 hours is a good night.
  • @doxiemoxie212 right there with you on the insomnia. This morning I was up at 3:30 😴
  • I feel like I could sleep 9-11 hours but I struggle to fall asleep and wake up in the middle of the night tossing and turning. I am taking naps most afternoons though. Couldn’t make it without those right now.