Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits w/o 7.19

Marine Life Swimming GIF by Oceana

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?

How's everything going? Any recent wins?

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

Re: Healthy Habits w/o 7.19

• Options
    edited July 2021
    @keikilove you sound like you're doing so well with your goals of late! that's awesome. I hope it is translating into feeling better in your body, too, since that's what counts. Also I love otters.

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?I'm trying to get back into my running groove after stopping while I was doing the stims these past few weeks. My body is a little cranky about the idea. For a few days after retrieval my abdomen was too sore to jog, but now it's just my creaky joints and lazy butt.
    How's everything going? Any recent wins? My walking goals fell by the wayside during stims/egg retrieval recovery, but I managed to stay hydrated and for that I deserve a big gold star, because it's not my strong point. I know it made me feel better.
    What has you motivated or struggling this week? I want to get back to riding my bike for most in-town errands. I've been letting myself slide on this, and getting in the car too often. This is a health-related thing for me, but also an environmental thing. Just writing it down here so I can have a little more motivation to stay in the saddle.

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
     Continuing to work out daily, make healthier food choices, and actively try to think something positive about my body.

Things are going well. I mentioned in the IF thread that I signed up for Beachbody on Demand this weekend. I’ve been doing the barre workouts and really liked how intense they were but also low impact. But I’m liking having a different video to do every day and have found myself looking forward to the workouts most days.

I treated myself to some new workout clothes from Torrid and weirdly, that’s gotten me excited to work out. 

@keikilove congrats on the weight loss! That’s always a good motivator! And kudos to you for exceeding your step goal! Keep up the great work!

@optimistgardener getting back into your good habits after stopping is definitely a great accomplishment in and of itself. Biking for errands is a great idea!
  • Options
    @keikilove yay for loving 2 pounds! Congrats on hitting those goals and moving onto new ones!

@gingermama29 nice on the Beachbody! I love barre workouts for exactly that reason. You've inspired me to maybe do one tonight!

I need to start tracking my eating in MyFitnessPal this week. The weight is just not coming off and I think it has to be related to what I'm eating since I've been consistently working out all month. Also trying to focus on getting my water intake back up since I've been slacking on that.

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I have a streak going on my Apple Watch, I've closed all of my rings daily since July 1. Hoping to keep it up for the rest of the month. Also starting putting in my meals on MFP this week so that's a start for what I need to do.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? The scale number is really high, as in the highest it's ever been. It's not as though I'm going crazy with eating but clearly my body is changing and I need to figure out what works at this point because the number just can't stay there. It's unhealthy.
  • Options
    @gingermama29 I love the Beachbody workouts because of the variety as well. I haven't done Barre yet-good to know its low impact my feet are flat and the high impact has been affecting them badly recently.

@fameonmain2 I hear you on getting back on track with the food! Good luck with the tracking! 

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Still hydrating, still doing yoga 3 times during the week in the morning. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? Tracking all my food gave me some actionable ways to cut back. It was super helpful figuring out how I've gained all my weight back. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I'm not sleeping well, and I'm tired when I get up in the morning. It's hard to drag my butt downstairs. 
  • Options
    aukeevaukeev member
    @keikilove Way to go on your steps, and congrats on the 2 lbs lost!
    @optimistgardener Ooh, I'm sure you had to push through a lot of soreness/stiffness! Good luck on choosing to bike instead of drive! That's something I always blame the Summer heat/humidity on to avoid doing.
    @gingermama29 That's excellent that you look forward to the new video each day! How long are those workouts? I did their Insanity program a few years back and I feel like I dreaded it each day because they seemed so long. 
    @fameonmain2 Congrats on that ring streak!! Mine is never that long lol. In the past, have you found something that helps you stay on top of water intake? 
    @SmashJam Hooray for tracking and mindfulness! Hopefully you can get some rest this week and feel more energized.

I joined a HIIT gym in April and am part of a class Monday-Friday at 6 a.m. Last week I had a cold and missed two days, so this week I'm just focusing on getting back in the groove. 

I've made it to my class all three days so far this week, and have also cooked healthy meals at home (not a hobby of mine or DH's, unfortunately) two nights, so that's a win for us!

Water intake is always hard for me. It's just so boring, and no amount of fruit or flavor drops can make it better, lol. I would choose iced coffee with half & half over coffee any day, and need to work on cutting back my caffeine intake and being better about drinking water. 
  • Options
    @aukeev Welcome! Nice work on making it to class all this week! re: water intake, always having a water bottle near me (especially with a straw) helps a lot. I always make sure I have access to seltzer water, too, so that if I need to switch to bubbles because of my stomach it's available. I also have an app on my phone - plant nanny - that keeps me accountable (if you don't drink enough water for the day your plant dies).
  • Options
    aukeevaukeev member
    @fameonmain2 Thanks!! Which seltzer water(s) do you recommend? 
    Oh my gosh, that app is brilliant. Downloading now!
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @keikilove do you think when you are done with this next retrieval that the weight will come off more quickly? I’m sure it’s so frustrating seeing the scale and knowing it was totally outside of your control. 

@optimistgardener I hope it’s at least cooled down where you live! And that’s cool that you are able to bike places! We don’t really live in a bike-able area (however I’m sure if we did I would opt for the car as well). 

@gingermama29 good workout clothes are a great idea. I just wear old yoga pants and free T-shirts from baseball games and I think it would motivate me more if I wore cute stuff even if I’m just at home.  

@fameonmain2 I could have written your “what has you motivated or struggling” a few weeks ago. When I started tracking my food I saw results right away and I don’t really feel like I’m even sacrificing anything overall, more just like finding a balance on days I have a bigger lunch or whatever. It’s a pain but I’m glad I’m doing it. 

@SmashJam AM workouts are so hard for me and I know you get up pretty early already. I hope your sleep has improved so that it’s at least a little easier!

@aukeev oh wow a daily class - I don’t think I could make it somewhere every day - so even just missing 2 days seems impressive to me! 

I’m tracking calories and I’ve also been trying to get on the treadmill 3 times a week. I have 2 in and we are going camping this weekend so I’m not sure if I’ll get a 3rd unless I can squeeze it in before we leave but we will be doing so much walking around that I think it should make up for it. 

I'm down another pound and I am feeling great all around. I’m especially proud because I had to go out to lunch with clients/referral sources 3 days and still managed to stay under my calorie targets 

Seeing the scale go down is definitely motivating me to keep going. My clothes feel just a tiny bit more comfortable which is motivating too
  • Options
    @aukeev glad you like the app! I love Polar Seltzer but I think that's a regional brand here. I've heard good things about spindrift and bubbly, I love Lacroix too but those can get pricey. I have a Sodastream now so I'm not really buying cans/bottles unless we're going away for a weekend or something - with that I just use fresh lemons/limes.

@bows22 woohoo for losing those lbs! I haven't been great about the tracking this week (I don't put every meal in) but just putting one meal in and seeing what I have left for the rest of the day is really motivating. It also motivates me to work out more so that I have extra calories at the end of the day. I'm actually down 2lbs this wee and that includes the bachelorette weekend so I'm psyched about that!

@optimistgardener I'm so jealous you can ride your bike locally. We live in the center of our town but there's very little that I need that's bike-able - I could ride to the grocery store in theory if I only needed a couple of things, but that would mean crossing a busy highway.

@smashjam how's your sleep coming? Would melatonin or meditation help?
  • Options
    I've been totally absent from this thread this week...which might indicate how well my focus on health is going, lol.

@fameonmain2 I thought I'd found a way to help, taking some allergy meds at night that usually have me feeling super tired during the day-i woke up with a wicked bad headache the last few days so I thought that would help. It worked for one night but no others. It's probably just anxiety over TWW plus a work training and a trip coming up. But at least anxiety over TWW is over (womp womp) and maybe I'll sleep a tad better.

@bows22 yay for clothes feeling more loose!

@aukeev I'm a big spindrift fan-specifically pineapple! They have great flavors! Bubbly even had a caffeinated one but the only one I can find is black cherry which isn't my jam.

@optimistgardener a bike for all in town errands is a great idea! And go you getting back into running!
    H and I just got ebikes from a lending library for a free trial and I'm hoping to use them for in town errands. 

@keikilove yay for going over your steps and a glorious run!

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @fameonmain2 yes to the extra calories motivation! I try not to use the extra ones during the week but I do on the weekends. We are camping and realized that we didn’t bring a charger for our watches and I was like HOW ARE WE GOING TO KNOW HOW MUCH MORE WE CAN EAT haha but luckily we aren’t too far into the wilderness and were able to find a Walmart relatively close by so now I’m all set.