Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits w/o 7.12

Cat Running GIF

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?

How's everything going? Any recent wins?

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

Re: Healthy Habits w/o 7.12

• What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Continuing to track my food and make small changes to my snacking and grazing. Also watch dinner portions. I will also workout three days this week at 5:30, and do my shower later. I'm also going to try to get to three water bottle refills by the end of this week-that will be about 150oz. This sounds like a lot of focus, I may have to pare it down so I am actually successful, lol. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I get up super early (4:30) and read/write, then shower at 5:30. Two days last week I went downstairs at 5:30 and did a workout! So I'm going to try and up that to three days this week.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I'm motivated because I need to wash my pants and none of them really fit well unwashed-so I'm worried once I wash them that'll be it, and they won't fit anymore. Loose tracking of my food last week revealed that I'm consistently eating more than 2000 calories a day-sometimes a lot more. I'm often active enough in a day to counteract this but the last two weeks has been rainy-so I havent been-and therein lies the problem.
  • bows22bows22 member
    @SmashJam how is your week going? I hear you on the clothes fitting after washing/drying dilemma. I gained 5 pounds when I went on birth control and while that’s not a lot, it was just what took me from
    tight pants to “dangerously close to not fitting”pants which was my wake up call. 

AFM without a full check in, calorie counting is honestly going great. I don’t know why I have been avoiding it for so long. Tonight we ordered dinner from our favorite taco place and they have their calories posted but I’ve never paid attention to them. I counted up what I usually get and it was 1515 for 2 tacos + who knows how much in chips and queso! I was able to get it down to half as much and it was still delicious. Still a splurge but holy cow that was a lot for 2 tacos. I’ve officially lost the birth control pill weight so my next goal is my pandemic weight gain (about 10 pounds) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @bows22 I'm not doing great logging food-but I've it more days than I haven't at this point, and I think it's really showing me that I can't go big on everything. I eat a calorically high dinner most nights, and it's really just because of portions. But that is fine if most days of the week I eat a planned breakfast and lunch, and watch my snacks. So basically, I just can't eat what I want and drink what I want whenever I want, lol. 

But, I am on my third bottle of water today, so I met that goal, and I have worked out twice in the morning this week, so if I do it tomorrow morning, I'm good! So all in all, I am doing ok. 

And go you on the weight loss! And calorie counting success! Glad that's working for you!
  • @smashjam Good for you for sticking to it more days than not. That’s progress to be celebrated! I’m sending you good luck to get up and work out tomorrow morning too. May it start to feel like a habit you enjoy!

@bows22 Great job on the calorie counting! It’s inspiring to hear that you’ve already lost the BC weight. That seems super fast. I wish you all the luck with taking off the Covid weight too. Lord knows we’ve all accumulated that unwanted bonus of being at home for a year. 

AFM, I checked in last weekend but not this week so trying to hang in there with holding myself accountable. 

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? I’m still aiming for 10K steps per day and moving my body at least 4-5 times per week. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I did well with the goals the last couple of weeks but this week I am dragging. I am so exhausted, been working too much again and not getting enough sleep. The last thing I feel like doing is exercising. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I’m motivated by my weekly Fitbit report that tells me I went way over my step goals for the past 2 weeks and surpassed my exercise goals. This week I’m behind on steps and have only exercised 2 days so I need to make the most of tonight and the weekend. I have a date w the TV and elliptical machine this evening. 

• bows22bows22 member
    @keikilove I don’t know if you saw but the bcp weight was only 5 pounds and it’s been almost 3 weeks so only 1.5 pounds a week. I know I was being dramatic over 5 pounds but it was like the tipping point after the 10 I’ve gained in the past year haha. I also think how quickly the weight came off is a sign that I was overdoing it a little 😬I never want to exercise when I’m tired either, don’t forget it’s okay to do an easier workout if you need to! Also, I actually checked TB when I woke up because I was wondering if you had any updates, I hope things are going well ❤️
  • Checking in late this week, but checking in!

@SmashJam which of your goals have you been able to stick to?! I'm rooting for you girl!

@bows22 Wow! Great work on slaying those BCP pounds! And I'm so excited food tracking it going well for you. 

@keikilove Love that you're enjoying your fitbit! Woot! And keep up those 10K+ steps!

AFM, 

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Yesterday I started food reintroductions. Eggs, and... it's not going well. So, I think eggs will need to permanently leave my diet. This is very sad this it's been a staple for me since I was a baby. Alas... I don't like how I've been feeling for the past 24 hrs (perma-headache started mid-afternoon, and then woke up with sore back, hip flexors and knees.) Tbh, I'm not surprised about eggs. Last year I did an Everlywell food sensitivity test, and it came back medium sensitivity for both egg yolks and egg whites. I hope the symptoms I'm observing isn't confirmation bias. Anyways, now I wait until I feel better, and try to re-intro something else, which on my list of food to re-intro is BEEF! Yum. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I had been 95% good at sticking to the elimination diet (it's not possible to observe the diet 100% when traveling; and we had had 2 weekend getaways.) Luckily, even with the very minor cheats I've learned what a good gut feels like.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I still need to figure out how to add exercise to my routine. My consulting acupuncturist/herbalist says that I need to exercise for 30 min, 2-3 times a week. But, I'm also trying to meditate every day for 40 min, and I feel like it's that or exercise. Next week, I'll get to it... 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @acleverusername it's amazing that you are doing so well with that diet! Go you! I think I could give up beef, but eggs would be so hard! Is this just straight eggs or cooked eggs, like in baking, as well? Also, I hear not being able to find time for 30 min of exercise and 40 min of mediation-that's alot! Could you shorten the meditation time or is that a big priority for you? You'll find a good balance I'm sure!

My goals were 3 of my giant water bottles a day, 3 days of exercise in the morning, and tracking food. I tracked my food half way, but was able ot make it to 3 giant water bottles by yesterady and will hopefully hit my three days of exercise today, just not in the morning. H slept in which throws off my morning workout. So I didn't do too bad! I'll keep on trucking!

@keikilove I'm hoping it will be something I love-that's why I'm starting with yoga. I get up so early I can't really commit to working out-i'm just too tired when I get up, and plus I get up that early to read and write, and those are a bigger priority for me than working out, because I love them! It's easy to get myself to do yoga because its stretchy and wakeup-y and feels light. 

Good luck catching up with your exercise this weekend!
  • @bows22 Aawww thanks for checking in on me!💗 No updates as of yet, but I’ve been sooo busy this week that I’ve barely noticed. I saw your message earlier & called the clinic asking for any update. My doctor is teaching at a conference this week/end, so I might not hear anything till Monday.😬
  • @bows22 I should also add that I LOVE celebrating your 5-pound loss even more since it was slow & steady over 3 weeks. I believe it’s even more likely to stay off when you do it steadily like that.😉 Great job! 

@acleverusername I commend you for sticking to the elimination diet! It has to be challenging. And sorry about the egg reintroduction! Side effects like that are no fun. I forgot to mention it but I did laugh when you shared last week about the not-pleasant-tasting hemp milk latte that did a number on your stomach. Sorry about that too! I appreciate your food creativity while eliminating the regulars.😉 Hang in there! 

@smashjam Well done on the gigantic water bottles!😀 I love the way you describe the yoga— makes me *almost* want to wake up early to do that stretchy stuff. Hahaha. And thanks for the encouragement with my workouts. 

My sis actually pulled herself out of a nap to go walking outside with me at sunset last night. She wanted to show me a new neighborhood I hadn’t walked in yet, so we went further and faster than I’d planned. It was great. I went over my step count again for the day. My legs are sore today and I have CD1 cramps so I may give myself a pass. We shall see…