Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits w/o 6/28

elmotionlab fitness pizza health burger GIF

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?

How's everything going? Any recent wins?

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

Re: Healthy Habits w/o 6/28

• Options
    I think I posted on this thread like 2 or 3 weeks ago and then never checked back in, woops.

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?
    Trying not to listen to the voice in my head that's like, "you've been getting in all kinds of exercise! That means you can eat whatever you like!" Hey there voice in my head: just because I got 12k steps in yesterday and a short jog does NOT mean I get a double serving of ice cream today.

How's everything going? Any recent wins?
    I've been improving with my hydration habits! I can't remember who it was (@inthewoods23, maybe? or @bows22?) who recommended a straw. That's been helpful! But most helpful of all, it turns out, is seeding my fridge with cans of seltzer water. I'm the kind of person who thinks it's probably wasteful to be going through all those cans (yeah i know i do recycle them) when water runs freely out of the tap, but it turns out I cannot resist the clarion call of cold seltzer.

What has you motivated or struggling this week?
    It's so dang hot here. If I want to keep up with my running schedule, I'm going to have to start getting out the door an hour earlier than usual, ugh.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    @optimistgardener I think that might have been @bows22 for the straw. I recall recommending just always having a water bottle on you or the seltzer water. It's an easy transition away from soda. You get the carbonated beverage in a can, but it's water instead of sugary soda!  :)
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Getting lots of exercise in. I really need to get to a healthier weight. We're on a heat advisory for most of the week so that's going to mean a lot of indoor workouts unless I get a walk in the early AM. That obviously didn't happen today but maybe tomorrow.

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I've been doing really well on my water intake, so hoping to keep that up this week.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? **TW** The loss has definitely been a struggle already this week, but it's also motivating me forward. **end TW** My appointment with the RE is next week too so that helps with moving me to make better choices.
  • Options
    @optimistgardener lol, always struggle with the "reward" eating too! You can do this!
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @optimistgardener it wasn’t me with the straw! Maybe @keikilove ? But I’m glad it’s helping! I saw the temperature you posted on another thread and good grief I wouldn’t be able to run in anything close to that so I hope it’s just a heat wave and willl calm down soon. 

@fameonmain2 I’m so, so sorry about your CP. Send a ton of love your way! I’m glad your RE appointment is so soon!
  • Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited June 2021
    @optimistgardener @inthewoods23 @bows22 This is fun!😄

I can’t remember who it was either. But I do remember reading the thread after the fact and thinking, “Yup, that is exactly the advice I would give. I love me a metal straw and drink LaCroix and Waterloo* like they’re going out of style.” @optimistgardener Glad to hear that some of those tricks are working out for you! I have the same guilt as you do despite recycling the cans. I’ve considered getting a SodaStream but that’s made of plastic so feels worse… 

*PS: I drink the brands above because no BPA in the can lining.😉 And their flavors are delish.
  • Options
    @optimistgardener it might have been me with the straw?? I know I mentioned it to someone on here at some point 😂 totally with you on the sparkling water though. I can't really drink plain water (unless in a straw water bottle) but I love me some San pellegrino or topo chico or Waterloo!
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams i knew we'd figure it out eventually! :) great advice. and @keikilove glad you hear me on my thing about cans. but that's great to know about the lacroix and waterloo brands. I often get lacroix because it's always on sale at my local market.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • Options
    @keikilove @optimistgardener we got the soda stream to cut down on cans. It wasn’t super environmental for us (though we do recycle I swear!) but I just hated the constant build up of cans around the house. Because of getting the deposit back I wouldn’t put them in the regular recycling and then it’s just like cans everywhere until I can bring them to the grocery store 
  • Options
    @optimistgardener I hear you on the reward eating AND on the double portion of ice cream! I was all about that ice cream during my stims 2 weeks ago. It did me no good. 

@fameonmain2 I am so sorry about your CP, friend. *hugs* Hoping you can get that morning walk in a couple of times this week!

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Metabolic elimination diet/cleanse week #2. Week one had me on a serious withdrawal from coffee, sugars, and all the other good stuff (red meat, gluten, etc.) but I feel like I'm over the hump. I don't feel like I need to take a nap mid-day anymore. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? Well, the fact that I made it through first week of the cleanse is definitely a feat!  And I managed to lose all that stim/ice cream weight I gained in mid-June. Right now, it's looking like I will end my cleanse right before starting my next IVF cycle, and that's perfect timing! 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I need to do PT exercises for my knee (I have patellar maltracking, which means my knee rolls in because my Q-angle is too big; I've got dem child carrying hips, but no children to carry as of yet.)  If I can strengthen the stabilizing muscles (quads, adductors), I could possibly get back to running! However, I've been procrastinating and not doing the exercises. My next PT appointment isn't until Jul 8, so I'm like "sure, I've got time", but... that's next week. So I've set a daily reminder to do the exercises. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    @fameonmain2 I’m so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself; hopefully the weather will allow you to take a walk tomorrow to nurture both your body and your spirit💕// On a completely different note: how do you like the SodaStream? I see they have just one option where the bottle is made of glass. That seems like it could be a good compromise since I’m concerned about all the plastic.  

@pajamstagrams Stellar advice on the straw and the sparkling water options.😉

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? I’m still aiming for 10,000 steps a day and to gently move my body daily. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? Things are ok in this health dept. I should give myself some credit that I’ve been eating pretty healthy & cutting down on sweet treats when I can resist. I just had a shock at the RE’s office when they had me get on the scale— it was several pounds heavier than my scale at home. I haven’t ever been this heavy since coming here for the past 2 years!😬 I’m usually not struck by weight at all but this kind of fast-and-furious weight gain is appropriate for full-blown pregnancy ! So I am trying to remind myself that it’s the stimming meds and I will lose this as soon as these eggs are retrieved. A win is that I really did drag myself up and out for some exercise almost everyday last week when I just wanted to stay in bed. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? My new Fitbit smartwatch arrived yesterday! I’m wearing it on my left as usual and still wearing the Apple Watch on my right
    as research. My FINAL rant on this topic in spoiler below.😆😆😆

I thought I’d do this testing research all week before making a final decision but I’m feeling 💯% thrilled with my Fitbit purchase because  #1) It’s supposed to retail for $350 but I got it on a lightning deal on Amazon Prime day for $199 and #2) It logged my sleep and resting heart rate beautifully, #3) it temps too so I do t have to mess with the thermometer anymore!!! And the best part is #4) Just today alone the AW has shown that I took 3,000 steps this morning (just like the Fitbit), then after a car ride the AW said I did 5,000 steps, and after a plane ride it said I did 7,000 steps, and now back on the plane headed home it says I did 6,500 steps—exactly the same as my Fitbit. But the Fitbit count stayed stable throughout the morning & afternoon while the AW went all whacky. So maybe the AW step count is correct after all when all is said and done.  But I’d rather not have to second-guess whether my steps and exercise logs are accurate as they change all day long. The final test is to go take a brisk walk and see how things shake out. If all goes as expected I’m returning the AW asap. 

• Options
    edited June 2021
    @fameonmain2 sorry to hear about your cp. but good on ya for just keeping on keeping on (i know it's not like there's another option, but still). also, we must both live in the west, because oy, it is so so hot. i can't deal. I might need to get some ice cream just to survive.
    @acleverusername that crazed cheering you hear is me, waving my arms around and shouting because getting back to running is a GREAT goal! I hope the PT work and the at-home exercises give you the strong stabilizers you need to get back on the pavement. but... having said all that, it's a pain in the butt to do stims and try to keep any kind of running schedule at the same time. as your clinic will no doubt warn you, vigorous, jostling exercise is a no-no when your ovaries are all swollen and sprouting lots of follicles. Sigh.
    History
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @acleverusername I’m glad the cleanse is getting easier! You are rocking it! Are you feeling good or just “not crappy”?

@keikilove I’m glad your Fitbit seems to be a success! I just closed my “activity ring” on my Apple Watch sitting here watching the bachelorette 😂. And I’m sure it’s hard seeing the scale go up like that. But like you are saying it’s just the meds and the end is in sight! 

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Ugh, I guess I’m counting calories. I was trying to avoid it but it really does help me from mindless snacking so I know I need to. I’m going to do it until I lose the weight I’ve gained on the BCPs and then re-evaluate. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? The above is because it’s not going well haha. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I just feel blah. But it’s making me motivated to turn it around!
  • Options
    @optimistgardener I am also a reward eater-I've been getting lots of steps in and not watching what I eat because of it. I'm working to get that in check! Also-I drink lots of Spindrift seltzer so I hear you on the cans thing. Sidenote-I saw some celeb on insta drinking spindrift hard seltzer and I have never had hard seltzer but I might try that one if I ever see it! Can't find it anywhere!

@acleverusername I hope the PT starts working for you and you can get back to running! It's always motivating for me to have a goal in mind at the end of exercise. 

@bows22 I agree about keeping track of what I eat keeping me from mindless snacking. Every once in awhile I do the same thing to remind myself what appropriate amounts of food are. 

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? I am actually going to keep track of my food starting today through Friday, at least. I was going to do it last week and then...didn't. lol. And yesterday was my first day of less than 10k steps in about 10 days because I was in the car too much, so I'm gonna take the dogs on a walk or go on a hike every remaining day this week. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? There are 4 leftover cupcakes in the fridge from a recent party and I ate only one of them yesterday? Considering how good they are that's a win. And it was my only treat yesterday, other than that I didn't do too bad with food intake. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? Fourth of July will be hard-ish food wise. I've also been drinking a beer or a glass of wine almost daily, so I am going to start a new rule where I can't have a dessert and an alcoholic drink.

• Options
    @optimistgardener haha I am actually completely opposite - in New England! It's supposed to be 99 today which is just crazy. Indoors and AC for me!

@keikilove thank you <3 I like it! The only part I don't like is that the seltzer does get flat after a few hours. Obviously that's the case for cans but I usually buy 1L bottles and find that those don't get flat easily at all. If you drink fast, it's not a big deal, but if not it might be a deal breaker. Otherwise it's super easy to use and with the exchange program refilling the cylinder costs about $15 here. I really like using fresh fruit slices for flavoring (lemon and lime usually, sometimes oranges).
  • Options
    @SmashJam I think part of my reward-eating problem is that i used to actually do the kind of exercise that meant I really could basically eat whatever I wanted (I've stopped since I started TTC, because all-out martial arts training seems like a bad mix with infertility treatment). So my athletic habits have changed, but my eating habits have not. Poo.
    @fameonmain2 oh woops! I guess it's hot all over the place, then. It was 112 here yesterday and 111 the day before. We're having some kind of PNW-wide all-time record breaking heatwave. It's disgusting. Today it's supposed to be 101 and I'm pretty excited for the "reprieve," which is nuts.
    History
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 Thanks for the insight on the SodaStream. I will likely look into it further sometime soon. 

@acleverusername Sorry, I don’t know how I missed your post yesterday! Congrats on losing the stims weight, and also congrats on surviving the first week of that hardcore elimination diet! I hope you’re feeling much better today. If you are doing better, then it’s time to get those PT exercises going!!😄 

@bows22 Good luck with counting calories. It’s not fun but You Can Do It! Once you start to lose those pounds you’ll feel motivated to keep at it. (Basically giving myself a pep talk as well hahaha.) And that’s too funny about closing your activity rings while watching tv. My watch gave me so much credit for brushing my hair or whisking eggs!😂

@smashjam How is it going with logging your food? I hope the week is off to a good start for you. I used to log my food and exercise in a workout book way back when, and found that it really helped me stay on track. I hope you’re able to set yourself up so that 4th of July isn’t so tough. 
  • Options
    @keikilove I have failed so miserably at food tracking. I need to do it no matter what I'm eating but when I screw up and eat something bad for me, I kind of am like, "Oh, guess I failed, I should just start logging tomorrow," lol. I'm gonna keep trying and really make an effort over the weekend.
  • Options
    @smashjam Oh, I totally get that! Best of luck to you over The Weeknd! 

• Options
    @keikilove I really love that your phone defaults to The Weeknd lol. And thanks!
  • Options
    @keikilove argh, I find doctor's scales to be the worst especially since you’re weighing yourself with all your clothes. Like… can I take my shoes off please?!? But you’re doing the right thing to remind yourself that after this stimulus cycle is over, you will lose the weight! Also happy you got such a good deal on the FitBit and are happy with your purchase. Thanks for sharing your “case study” findings. 

@optimistgardener thanks for the encouragement re: pt exercises. I was never a runner until moving to CA (I ran a couple of 5K races for fun in my mid-20’s and also a 10K and then I’m like “I don’t ever need to run a race again!”) But then I moved to CA and the weather is so perfect for running most of the year, and I was inspired by all the runners around me. So… I promptly picked it up and ran a half-marathon within a year. Anyway, don’t really want to do any more racing but would love to get back into running. It’s very soothing. I have not been very good with PT this week. 

@bows22 hopefully after your surgery (and after BCP) you’ll find that motivation to track food and do other things that make your feel good about yourself! AFM, it’s funny… a few days ago (Thu I think!) I thought to myself “Man, I’m actually feeling good on this AIP plan!”

@SmashJam good job on only eating one of the cupcakes! As for beer/wine or desert, that’s a great rule and it’s worked really well for me in the past! As for goals in mind, yes that’s 💯 how I operate. I just can’t motivate myself to exercise unless I’m working towards something: my best friend’s wedding, running a half-marathon, my own wedding… those have been SUPER motivating in the past few years. 

AFM, last 2 days have been a struggle because we’re in Carmel-by-the-Sea and it’s really hard to stay on plan when eating out. Unfortunately I can’t just ask the kitchen “hey can your replace that lemon beurre sauce on the salmon with something else?” So I’ve been instead doubling my veggies to replace the potatoes, and at yesterday’s dinner, the restaurant had a coconut milk crème brûlée! It had tons of sugar which I’m not supposed to have, but like I said, I can’t be perfect. 

The other thing I’ve noticed is that my HRV has been really high (that’s a good thing) for the past week. I hypothesized that it could be because of the diet and have done some basic research and it turns out that’s it’s def the case. Apparently HRV is a good objective measure of your body’s response to inflammatory foods that you might be eating: https://elitehrv.com/case-study-the-effects-of-diet-on-heart-rate-variability

PS… I also always start my diet on Monday but after this last round, I actually decided that next time it will have to be on like a Thu or something. So that I can have the weekend to feel like sh*t from withdrawals. Apparently that’s a trick that’s recommended when starting a keto diet too.
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023