December 2021 Moms
Options

GTKY: Weddings

I just watched Four Weddings and now I’m curious. Tell me about your wedding. Was it what you imagined? Would you have changed anything? AW your wedding!

Re: GTKY: Weddings

• Options
    @scaredunprepared I had a big wedding (well not huge.. like 120 people) and it was nice but I would of preferred a small backyard wedding myself. I feel like since I was the first to get married in my family, there was pressure to do it at a venue. It ended up being really nice. I loved the ceremony part and we wrote our own vows. The party part was fine too but the air conditioner broke at the venue and it was one of the hottest days of the year. DH almost fainted. We were given the cost of the venue back but I still would of rather the air had worked haha. Something we will never forget I guess :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @eggsbene42 what a unique love story! Honeymoon inIraq, what was that like?
  • Options
    @eggsbene42 what a unique love story! Honeymoon inIraq, what was that like?
    We were deployed together, so it was rather scary and not fun at all. ;)
  • Options
    @eggsbene42 oh boy...well definitely something you wont forget!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared and @eggsbene42 We got married at the courthouse, but we didn't tell anybody and we had a wedding 6 months later. We still haven't told anybody 7 years later lol. 

Our wedding was awesome. It was in May in a garden at a historical home and the weather was perfect. Everyone had a great time. If I could change anything though, I would have hired a coordinator because while I relaxed and had fun on the wedding day, DH was stressed with getting some things set up. 
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared So sweet, glad things fell into place!

@rpreston17 That's so tough about the pictures! I can only imagine being over a lot when it is so hot!

@JamieH2000 That sounds perfect! Jamaica is amazing!

@rgn12 That's great you were able to stay in budget and glad you enjoyed it even thought it was hot and rainy!

@mommaduck2490 Your wedding sounds so fun and chill! Glad you had such a good time!

@PYLWhammy Happy you were able to have the intimate wedding you guys wanted!

@eggsbene42 That's so wild!

@bkjade Hahah I love that you never did the paperwork! That sounds so cool and fun!!!

@melbel0824 Sounds so beautiful!

I actually wanted to elope but my husband said I would regret it. Anyways we both got second jobs so we could pull it all off. We had a two year engagement which helped! We had a barn wedding but it was all renovated on the inside and the ceremony was by a pond outside. I made all the signage, invites, centerpieces, and my husband made an arch for the ceremony. It was a perfect day! I'd probably only change our DJ because they did not follow our timeline and they were just rushing me to do things which didn't make sense! I would also not invite a lot of the people we did. We had 14 no-shows who never followed up!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 we got married in Jamica too!

We loved our destination wedding! It was so perfect for us. We didn’t have a wedding party. Our son (he was 3) was the only person in the wedding. We had 50 of our close family & friends that traveled to Jamica. I would do it all over again. The only thing I would change is hiring a videographer. I wish we had our day on film. Fingers crossed that we’ll be able to travel back to Jamica in October for our 5th wedding anniversary!
  • Options
    **Jamaica
  • Options
    @mommyb31- where in Jamaica?!! We were at couples swept away! 8 years ago videos weren’t as common but we did record the ceremony on my husbands camera and he made us a highlight video that I love!!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 we were in Ocho Rios at the Riu. We had to make sure it was kid friendly because of our son & nieces/nephews. My cousin recorded our ceremony on his phone then dropped it in the ocean😩 Lol