Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 5/27

edited May 2021 in Trying to Get Pregnant
<p>**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** </p><p>Month/Cycle: </p><p>CD: </p><p>WAYDTGKU: </p><p>R/R: </p><p>CS/Q: </p>

Re: WTO Thursday 5/27

• Sorry for posting and ghosting the other day, y'all! Things have been a little hectic at work and then I have been focused on working out once I get home.

Month/Cycle: 13/12

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: charting, doing the thing

R/R: Thank goodness it's Thursday! Aside from wrapping up all of my projects for the school year, not much going on here. We did get some crazy thunderstorms last night! The lightning lit up the whole house. Looking forward to the long weekend.

CS/Q: 

• Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: ntnp

R/R: took yesterday to "work from home" again. i think i'm going to make this my permanent weds deal. bummed the weather this weekend is going to be mostly crappy. but, also very excited to have a short week next week b/c i have thurs-sun girls weekend planned!

CS/Q: nada

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Vitamins, OPKs

R/R: *Possible TW* (another person’s pregnancy): Found out a family member is pregnant after getting married last summer. I’m happy for her, but it is hard not to be envious and a little anxious about my own plans. Every time I hear of someone else being pregnant, I feel like I can feel the minutes clicking by on my age. So much fun.

CS/Q: Nope

• @anniemarie887 Girls trip sounds fun! Where are you all heading?

@fameonmain2 I love a good thunderstorm, but hopefully it didn’t keep you up all night.

• @fameonmain2 I get very excited for Thursdays because that means tomorrow is Friday! woo! We're expecting rain here this afternoon into tomorrow. Not a thunderstorm though.

Month/Cycle: 7 AL

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opks, CM, GF/DF diet, supplements, etc etc

R/R: we're on the chilly side today. High is not even 50 today or something. It gets even colder tomorrow but at least it will warm back up a bit for Memorial weekend! Super random candle update - so the aluminum foil was doing great but now it seems like the wax is too low from the top of the jar that the foil is no longer that effective at preventing the tunneling. Even with DH's engineering skills I don't think this new mold of foil (in a dome shape) is going to help. WTF with tall candle jars. Boo.

CS/Q: nope. I'm not even sure what my chart looks like because I've been so good about not looking! All I know is today and yesterday were the same temps.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @anniemarie887 have fun with your girls weekend!

@abjm0325 I so feel you on that. It's hard not to think about your age. And I feel silly when I do because I'm not even AMA so why am I so worried?? I think it hurts the most when the person is younger than you.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Yes, agreed. This person is several years younger than me and I “graduated” into AMA last year, so that combination made it a little tougher to swallow.

• @b_1029 it is super helpful to have the chart removed from the home page so it's not a simple scroll down from the calendar to see it. Sure it's easy to press the Chart button in FF, but it's not immediately visible to me how I have it set up now.

@abjm0325 yep yep yep (more tw-ish talk in spoiler)
    I also keep having these thoughts in my head about being that "older" mom when my future kids are school age. Like, should I get KU now, when my kid is in kindergarten I'm going to be mid-upper 30s while I'm sure plenty of moms will be mid 20s and I just hate the idea of being the older one! At the same time, I still feel young for my age so I really shouldn't care about the number.

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 TTGP brings out all the crazy “what if” questions and worries. I need to just cool my jets and not stress about this, but sometimes I have to be bummed for a few minutes first.

@b_1029 I know the dog barf was definitely not fun, but it did make me laugh a little. I saw my first live one today and they certainly are creepy little creatures.

• @anniemarie887 girls' weekend sounds exciting! Are you going away or staying local?

@abjm0325 I'm sorry. It never gets easier. *Possible TW* My newsfeed is like an endless cycle of announcements. I feel always like I'm "falling behind". Luckily I stayed up late watching all of the Chicagos (a guilty pleasure) so the storms didn't wake me up!

@inthewoods23 Yes! Thursdays are good! Love your candle chronicles haha. I hate having that little bit of wax left - what a waste!

@b_1029 oof, that dog barf sounds rough haha. Yes to the bump changes - I kind of like the new navy!

• b_1029b_1029 member
    @inthewoods23

i also weirdly stress about this. During my daydreaming days I always thought I’d have all 3 kids I wanted to have by the time I was 30 😆 joke’s on me, we didn’t even start trying until I was 28 and then you know how that went. I think more and more people are waiting so hopefully we won’t be the oldies at drop off. My parents were a lot older when they adopted me- my mom is in her 70’s now and dad is in his 80’s which is pretty much the age of most of my friends’ grandparents ha 
  • @b_1029
    omg yes and I remember thinking DH's parents were so old when they had him! His mom was 30 but my parents were super young when they had me. My mom was 24 and I'm the youngest.

Isn't the average first time parent (or maybe getting married?) in their 30s? I feel I've read something that the average age has trended to older in the last 10 years or so
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @inthewoods23 yea I don’t know actual stats but I know the average age people are getting married has gone up so everything else has as well!
  • Going to jump in here, since technically, I am still WTO and eager to get this show on the road😂 🤷‍♀️

@fameonmain2 we also had some nasty t-storms last week and this week, I thought for sure we'd lose power, but we fortunately didn't!

@anniemarie887 oooh a girls weekend sounds so nice!

@abjm0325 definitely with you on the age thing, I get discouraged with every BFN, and like @inthewoods23 I'm not AMA, so I really shouldn't be worrying yet. It's tough though. You have it in your mind that timing will be like *this* and reality is so much different. 

@inthewoods23 I'm out of the loop on your candle saga, but yeah, I suck at keeping candles perfect and avoiding tunneling. Mine are always super lopsided 😕

@b_1029 🤢🤢 dogs are so gross sometimes

Month/Cycle: n/a, benched for 2-3 months
    *TW loss*
    I suppose this is cycle 0 after my MC, OB says it's not a cycle until my 1st period. But knowledge is power so I'm going to track the sh*t outta this "cycle", and I do NOT want to be caught off guard with AF 😂 

CD: 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ 

WAYDTGKU: benched, but bbt/cm to track cycles in the mean time

R/R: finally booked some vacation for the year around the July 4th holiday! Also need DH to start looking at our beach vacation plans for the summer as well, since we have a lot of vacation to burn and I have zero desire to fly anywhere. 

CS/Q: not at this time, but very happy to have some CM this morning! 😂
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member

@abjm0325 Definitely get that feeling. I especially feel that with DH. He is 5.5 years older than I am and I worry so much that he is going to be old and not be able to keep up. Not that 5 years is that much a difference, but it is in my mind. 

@anniemarie887 Oh a girls weekend! So fun. 

@b_1029 Yes, mine bump colors changed too! It totally threw me off this morning. Also, bummer about the dog barf. Hopefully it was at least on hardwood or tile. I swear my dogs seeks out the carpet to do that  :s

@inthewoods23 I just really love your candle update, even though it still isn't working like you'd hoped. 

-

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Mira/Letrozole 

R/R: Good morning! I'm excited to finally be at the start of a new cycle (I mean, I'm not but YKWIM). That felt like a long TWW. We are going to my SIL's for dinner tonight to celebrate her bday, and then tomorrow I have a work party. I'm looking forward to having plans for once  :D. No big plans for the holiday weekend though. Hopefully we can get some projects done but I'm not holding my breath. 

CS/Q: Nope

• @fameonmain2 not to be a total creeper but i feel like we maybe are semi close? it was WILD here last night, we had hail as well. but thankfully no dents on the cars!
    @abjm0325 @b_1029 the beach! ahhh age, i struggle with not feeling my age (which is great!) but knowing i've got essentially a year until i'm ama, and i do hope to be complete in our family at that point. i will say, i do think at least in more metro/city areas the ages are def being pushed back. i know people pushing 40 having their first. 
    @inthewoods23 brrrrr!!! its calling for upper 50's here too, so weird considering it was 93 yesterday
    @kgg2241 enjoy those plans! 
  • @pajamstagrams glad you didn’t lose power! We live on a main road so if we do lose power we are usually the first to get it back, we’re pretty lucky we don’t have to worry about it too much. Beach vacation plans sound great! It’s definitely hot enough here to get to the beach already. 

@kgg2241 yay for plans! Love feeling semi normal again. 

@anniemarie887 yes I think we are! No hail here, though. I’m in New England 

• @fameonmain2 ah, i'm in maryland.