Options

Weekly Check-in 5/23

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: what city would you most like to live in?

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Weekly Check-in 5/23

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jackie_dunny I’m so glad that went well for you!

@sthlm_21 hand me downs are life

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14 + 2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a baby chick

Upcoming appointments: 3 weeks 

How are you feeling?: terrible 

Rants/Raves: i am having the worst allergies (I hope)

Questions: 

GTKY: what city would you most like to live in? Buena Vista. I’m all about that Mickey Mouse life.

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: beet or troll doll  

Upcoming appointments: not for a few weeks

How are you feeling?: oh this is a fun question. I had some funky symptoms since I started taking the Z Pack for my sinus infection, so my OB asked I go get a Covid test. Guess who turned out to be positive?! So I’m off work for 10 days now, still feeling like shit, but at least I know what it’s from. Here’s the real kicker: hubby got tested the day after me: he’s negative. Even though we sleep in the same bed and I kiss him goodnight every night... *headsmack*

Rants/Raves: I have Covid. End of story. It sucks. I can’t smell or taste. And I’m shitting up a storm. 

On the bright side, we found out the baby’s gender when I called to talk to my OB office about being diagnosed with Covid and what the next steps are. Looks like we’re having a GIRL! So DD and DS will get a little sister! 

Questions: 

GTKY: what city would you most like to live in? I’d love to live somewhere closer to water or a beach, but there’s always pros and cons to each place. I’m actually pretty happy where I’m at. 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  13+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lemon, clownfish

Upcoming appointments: June 3rd, hopefully we will be discussing setting up our anatamy scan

How are you feeling?: Headaches are back this week. I've had 2 already, i think from dehydration. I've had a hard time getting my water in recently. I usually love just plain water, but I haven't been able to stomach it, I've tried flavorings and they are all too sweet for me. I've tried diet soda, too sweet. I'll figure it out.

Rants/Raves: I've slowly been working up on my workouts since surgery. I feel so defeated though because I gained 10 lbs in the first trimester. The problem is all I've been craving is food thats bad for me, pizza, burgers, pasta, cheese. I've tried to reign it in during the week, but on the weekends it can get out of control, and DH is no help, he'll eat out any chance he gets.

Questions:

GTKY: what city would you most like to live in?

I would move back to east tennessee in a heartbeat if I could. My absolute dream would be anywhere in Italy though.

@jenniferjoy37 I'm sorry about covid :( silver lining (if there is any) you'll be passing on all those antibodies to baby girl! Also I lived about a mile away from the beach in Texas for 4 years and I would never do it again. Harvey hit the first year we moved into our house and it was a terrible experience, would not recommend. Plus when you live so close to the beach I think you take it for granted. We didn't go as often as I thought we would when we moved there.

• Options
    @jenniferjoy37 oh no, love! I'm so sad for you. You poor thing. Covid and pregnancy. I had my second vax and had covid like symptoms for a few days and that was bad enough so I can't even imagine how you feel :(

@chartput I'm with you on water. I can even smell it where I live and it makes me want to vomit. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: House Mouse 🐭

Upcoming appointments: June 7 for a general check in.

How are you feeling?: Today I woke up with very few symptoms for the first time since being pregnant. It's a Christmas miracle (if it was Christmas lol). To celebrate I made my partner take me to my fav brunch spot to eat good food!

Rants/Raves: feeling good for once in a blue moon so riding that wave for now!

Questions:

GTKY: what city would you most like to live in? Missing New York, love the buzz and energy there but I think I'd prefer the climate in Sydney! I love love love London too and I'd go back there in a heartbeat. Paris is always fun but wouldn't live there.

• Options
    @jenniferjoy37 Oh nooooo! Being sick while pregnant is bad enough, I'm sorry you're dealing with covid! Feel better!
    @sthlm_21 I don't recall a designated thread here for covid vaccination while pregnant. I ended up getting my second dose when I was just a couple weeks pregnant and I'm grateful I don't have to think about it again. My midwife made it known right away that if I weren't already vaccinated, she'd be recommending I get it (though probably waiting until late second tri / early third tri because that's when it's thought that baby gets some immunity from it too).

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an avocado

Upcoming appointments: In June

How are you feeling?: Only real complaint is my hips have been absolutely killing me at night. I'll start off ok but by about 4am, I have to constantly switch sides. This morning, it was so bad I went back to back sleeping, but I know that's not an option I should keep returning to so I've got to figure something else out. Tonight, I'm going to try using a thicker pillow between my knees which seemed to work better for me this morning, but I don't know if that's because I had switched to my back for a period.

Rants/Raves: I finally got my prenatal massage today! YESSSSS! I needed it so badly!

Questions:

GTKY: what city would you most like to live in? Hmm... that's tough. I feel like I haven't been to nearly enough cities! I do sometimes like to daydream of living in a modest home in a city / large town in France/Italy/Spain with that characteristic European charm and within walking distance of some amazing cafe/bistros. I've visited some cities in each of those countries but still think a lot of my daydreams may based more on the movies than on reality.  :D

• Options
    @jenniferjoy37 I hope you feel better soon. I can’t even imagine what you’re going through!

@mayoduck thank you! Can I ask which vaccine you took?
  • Options
    mayoduckmayoduck member
    edited May 2021
    @sthlm_21 1 I got Moderna and didn't personally experience any side effects beyond a very sore arm after the first dose.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16+0

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: avocado

Upcoming appointments: Nothing

How are you feeling?: good, it has been pretty uneventful.

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: what city would you most like to live in? I don't like big cities so maybe like Galway, Ireland? Or Berlin if it has to be a big city. But I haven't been everywhere so there's probably places I might like more.

@sthlm_21 I don't remember it being discussed much either but Mayo Clinic sent me a bunch of informational stuff that might be on their website somewhere. It seems pretty recommended for pregnant people from what I saw and I got the pfizer one a few weeks ago. I did feel sick for a day after the second shot and I'm sure it made me throw up, but still worth it in my opinion.

• Options
    @mayoduck @RoseShadow873
    thanks guys. Do we know anything about the protection passing on to the baby? And would the mother’s protection be covered after pregnancy, or will we be required to get new shots right after delivery? 

I’m so bad with needles 😣
  • Options
    @sthlm_21 From what I read, research so far is showing protection is indeed passing to babies. Moms shouldn't need the shot again after delivery if that's what you are asking.
  • Options
    @sthlm_21 my medical team recommended getting vaccinated in any trimester and to get Pfizer or Moderna since those appear to pass on the most antibodies to baby

@jenniferjoy37 I'm sorry, I hope that you recover soon!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14+1 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a peach? I think 

Upcoming appointments: end of June 

How are you feeling?: great! Finally lol 

Rants/Raves: announcing a fourth baby has been so different for us. It’s blaring obvious that we are being judged by many family members for wanting a bigger family 🙄. I try not to care but it’s hard. 

Questions: 

GTKY: what city would you most like to live in? I’m not sure honestly, but I’m loving @doodleoodle ‘s idea about Disney 😆. Can I live in a grand villa at the riviera resort? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Starynightsky24 it’s our fourth baby, too! Yesterday I was visiting my sister and her daughter. My niece is 19, and 19 year olds can obviously say some pretty rude things without thinking anything of it. She said, “You’re going to have 4 kids. Oh my God. I’d rather die.” That didn’t really bother me but when my sister agreed with her that did bother me a little. All of that to say, I understand your struggle with rude family and I’m sorry!
  • Options
    @sthlm_21 I just had this discussion with my Dr a few weeks ago but I had the Pfizer at weeks 3 and 6.  He, of course, recommends it but also said that research is showing that vaccination passes 10x more protection to baby vs having COVID while pregnant so I'll take those odds.
  • Options
    @doodleoodle omg people DO NOT THINK. It would bother me too. Those comments are so hurtful. And it makes me sad that so many people these days see children that way. 

I’ve mostly been getting the silent treatment. No one brings it up or asks about it at all. A lot is said through the silence and glares at me though. I’ve been actively avoiding certain in laws because I knew they’d be rude after their reaction to number 3. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Starynightsky24 they’re giving you the silent treatment and glaring at you?! Now that I don’t understand AT ALL. 

The only two people who bring up the baby to me is (1)my father in law and, it’s only to talk about how he hopes this baby is a boy because I have all girls 🙄 and (2) my mother to suggest names that aren’t my taste and to tell me if I name the baby a name I like they will hate it, everyone else will politely nod or something if I bring up anything having to do with the baby but then change the subject.

You know what really gets people going is talking about having another baby after this. I don’t plan on having anymore, but boy is it fun to talk about 😂
  • Options
    Better late than never? 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17 weeks 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: AS in two weeks! 

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty good, enjoying this time before I get too big and also am no longer nauseated. I'm definitely tired and haven't been able to nap as much as I would like since we moved on Monday

Rants/Raves: So happy to be on the other side of our move, but wish unpacking were a faster process! 

Questions:

GTKY: what city would you most like to live in? This is so hard! If in the US, maybe in Philly again, I love Philly. If I had limitless funds, Seattle, which I love and where my whole family lives. Abroad, definitely Taipei, Taiwan <3 

• Options
    Damn @doodleoodle @Starynightsky24 that's annoying! Sorry about your families, but I for one love big families. I'm one of 5, my husband is too and all of my aunts/uncles have 4 or 5. It's so fun growing up with bustling chaos and love.
  • Options
    @doodleoodle yes. These people are children… So immature. They stare at my belly, look at me, and then look away or talk about something else. It’s SO rude. Also I am one of four girls… And it was amazing growing up in a girl house. Growing up was like having a slumber party every day! Your girls are so lucky (as you know). 

Thank you @marbellie! I’ve noticed that it’s always the people with big families or who grew up in big families who get it and are genuinely excited! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @doodleoodle @Starynightsky24 This boggles my mind. My MIL is one of seven, and while I think I'll be perfectly content with two, when I think about how my grandmother-in-law had seven kids, I don't feel judgment but admiration. You want four? five? more kids? You go, mamas! I'm sorry to hear you aren't getting better support from your family.
  • Options
    @doodleoodle we're going to keep it "small" and aim for 3. Based on people's reaction outside of my family I realized that that's not considered small 😂
  • Options
    @marbellie I think 3-4 should be considered a medium sized family 😂
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    You ladies are rock stars, this is my first pregnancy and I can't say I'm super pumped to do it again anytime soon 😂
    I wasn’t either. Still not. 
  • Options
    @jenharvey84 with every pregnancy after my first I’ve had an, “oh what the hell did I just do?” moment... and full disclosure, that moment has lasted months before 😂 #3 still doesn’t seem like a real thing to me. 
  • Options
    @jenharvey84 your mind does a great job of forgetting the bad parts. Or making them seem like NBD. At least in my experience. Lol. Then yes after I get pregnant again I say “crap I forgot this part”. 
    We said we were done after number two, and number three… So clearly we lied haha 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jenharvey84 Momnesia is totally a thing,  and hindsight makes you think "oh that wasn't so bad,  I could do that again" then you do and think "oh no... this sucked and still does" 🤣 thankfully the kids make it worth it... most of the time lol
  • Options
    You girls make me laugh so much! I really hope I do forget all this nastiness - it's not something I want to keep in the memory bank 😂