Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday 5.6

Let’s hear those Unpopular Opinions. 👏🏽 

Re: UO Thursday 5.6

• Loading the player...
  • CEDAR POINT!!!!  So much yess.  @inthewoods23  I have never been to Disney and I have absolutely zero problem with that, nor concern whatsoever if it never happens.

+1 not into Harry Potter.  I think I saw one of the movies, but I couldn't even tell you which one.  Not a franchise I am remotely interested in geeking out on.
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    Yeah, I agree about Harry Potter. To be fair, I've only seen the movies, but I think the obsession is kind of weird. I feel the same way about Disney. Do I like Disney? Yes. Do I think it is weird to focus your wardrobe and hobbies around it? Also yes. 
  • @anniemarie887 I also like to plan my meals before I go somewhere... it helps me get excited about what's in store
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @anniemarie887 I'll join your Harry Potter nerd club! I grew up with them too and not ashamed to admit I still read them once a year  

I feel like there are two types of people who say they love Disney. The half that like to visit the parks and check out all the new movies eventually....and then the other half that are OBSESSED and have rooms in their home dedicated to Disney and the full head to toe outfits and such. I'm of the first variety but I have family that is the second. They go to Orlando multiple times a year, every year. I mean Disney is fun but there are so many other places to see...

And also yes to Cedar Point! I went the year Millenium Force opened and Dragster. Haven't been since...mental note to plan and trip and find a friend to go with. Hubs doesn't do heights
  • @gardenvariety88 haha same with Cedar Point! My family road tripped there for a week long. Bought season passes for the 5 days cuz it was cheaper. We got to go on Millenium Force a couple times (not recommended when the rain is a tiny mist, ouch!) and only rode Dragster 1 time because that wait was like 2 hours having been new for the season. UGH!

We actually cut our trip a day short because we were all wiped out from so many rides in 4 days.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • I’ll join @anniemarie887 and @gardenvariety88 in growing up with Harry Potter and loving the books! I’m kind of meh about the movies and don’t really follow all the games/quizzes/extra stuff though.

Not really an UO, but we have a hilarious work discussion going on right now about whether foxes are more like dogs or cats. People have unreasonably strong opinions about this.  :D

• @gardenvariety88 I'll join your "healthy interest in Disney but have obsessed family" club. I get excited to go for the nostalgia; my dad and stepmom once built a house with the following attributes: same colors as Cinderella Castle, stained glass mickeys in the front door, multiple disney knicknacks around, his and hers mickey/minnie cabinet door knobs in the bathroom, multiple Disney dining plates/utensils/small appliances, and a holiday disney tree with a monorail model around the base. it was a wild time.

+1 for growing up with HP but not super into it now as an adult. like I enjoy a good butterbeer (fun fact: you can make it yourself with cream soda and butterscotch syrup) and I have a hufflepuff shirt, but I don't go back into the books or watch the movies often.
  • @abjm0325 Biologically, foxes and dogs are the same species, so.... the cat people are wrong. Factually. lolol
  • All y'all uppity haters today!!!!

See the source image
    Harry Potter Lol GIF by Sky

AND you are wrong!  :tongue:

:lol:
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• beakay8 The scientific reasoning has been discarded (because actual facts and therefore not entertaining) and the discussion has been moved to who the fox looks more like. So far the “cat” people are winning.

• @abjm0325 love the update 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @inthewoods23 hahahaha 🤣 cue that being in my head the rest of the day 
  • @b_1029 sorry! lol
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 @abjm0325 “What does the fox say?” was my first thought. He’s fairly silent, like a cat. Therefore....🐈‍⬛  I would LOVE to work somewhere that these were the debates with my colleagues😄