DS: February 2019
BFP #3 TW ended in CP March 2020
BFP #4 - TW ended in CP August 2020
BFP #5 - due October 2021
pizzaplz

Re: FFFC 4/30

• Loading the player...
  • cait32cait32 member
    I don’t want my kids to be sick, but when they are, I milk the shit out of it for work. I cancel meetings that I could totally do and tell folks I have to take care of them. DS (2) was home yesterday and today because of a fever on Wednesday. He’s outside playing with DH right now, and I’m watching top chef while eating lunch (instead of working).
    DSS: March 2006
    DD: July 2017
    bcliffee1galentinemia8263
  • Loading the player...
  • cait32cait32 member
    @vampirina +1 to that. Back in the day, you could save the gif and post it as a photo. Now it says the file format isn’t allowed so I’m done. Someone gave instructions about downloading some app on your phone...yeah, not happening.
  • @cait32 the last thing I want is another app. So.... yeah. No. 
    mia8263
  • @cait32 and @vampirina I’ve got an iPhone 12 and I just search on google for a gif, save it to my photos and insert the photo with the little picture icon below the “leave a reply.” 
  • @vampirina same, the app is soooo glitchy for me that I just use a computer to post on here, so it's easier to just drag a gif from one window to another.
    @cait32 I do the same. Especially because now if they are sick they have to stay home for so long before they can go back. I also just get way more done WFH than at the office (without DS) because there is no one to bother me at home.
  • I already can't see down there to shave  :'(
    mac-n-cheesy
  • We picked a baby name, but I don't want to tell anyone so they can't tell me whether they think it sucks. Also, weirdly, I feel like I'm being influenced by the ancient belief that to know someone's name is to have power over them. I don't like anyone else having that yet.

Also, I put noise cancelling headphones on the baby registry. 😅
    purplegoldpiratebcliffee1mia8263
  • mac-n-cheesymac-n-cheesy member
    edited April 30
    Was posting baby names in here 🤦🏼‍♀️
    pizzaplzbcliffee1
  • mac-n-cheesymac-n-cheesy member
    edited April 30
    We haven’t announced to  anyone yet.
    Edited to correct spelling.
    chindimples04
  • @noprobalo I was going to say that noise-cancelling headphones are a really smart purchase for baby--we used them so much before covid--but then I thought oh, does she mean for herself? Hahaha 😅 
    One day maybe a year or so ago, my daughter was being so whiny and I couldn't handle it, so I put her headphones on myself while I put the dishes away. 😬
  • @pizzaplz Yeah, they're for me. 😆 After reading about purple crying, I figure maybe I can stay sane through hours of bouncing and rocking and walking and nursing and...etc.
    pizzaplz
  • KabazabaKabazaba member
    I ate so many sweet tarts during a virtual trial on Tuesday that I got a sore in my mouth.  :| Not 100% my fault -- that was all I could find in my paralegal's desk and the lunch I ordered never arrived.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

mac-n-cheesy
  • noprobalonoprobalo member
    @Kabazaba I assume you're not a Big Law attorney if you didn't yell at your paralegal for only having Sweet Tarts in their desk. As a first year, my husband was admonished by a partner for not carrying enough small bills around to tip the cab driver who took them to a meeting without getting change. Because "partners only carry big bills! Big bills!" 🤣
  • KabazabaKabazaba member
    @noprobalo You guessed right -- I'm a partner at a small firm (10 lawyers). I like life too much to ever be interested in Big Law  :)
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Belated FFFC: DH and I have only DTD once since getting pregnant. I MAT have fibbed about how long my pelvic rest was recommended.
    TTGP October Siggy Challenge - Pets in Costumes

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 26

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019 | May '19 BMB

TTC#2 | June '20-Present

pizzaplzmac-n-cheesyKabazabagalentine
    @Kabazaba Hubby lived that life for two years when we were first married. The money was good, but the lifestyle was hell. I met a lot of people who were basically walking lawyer parodies during that time. Some were funnier than others. He finally landed at a small firm that thinks of their employees as people.
    Kabazaba
  • @chindimples04 One more time than me! 😆
    chindimples04
  • @chindimples04 I lengthened my pelvic rest myself too! DH was losing his mind at a 3 month dry spell so I relented a few times.
    chindimples04
  • cait32cait32 member
    @chindimples04 -- we have DTD twice (once was this weekend when the kids were at my parents) since I found out and I never even had pelvic rest...I'm just not interested lol

My FFMC to add to this is I just ate a box of velveeta...I've felt queasy today and for some reason and entire box of velveeta shells and cheese seemed tolerable 
    chindimples04mac-n-cheesy
  • @chindimples04 Also have zero interest in DTD. We have a few times but very reluctantly on my part lol
    mac-n-cheesychindimples04
  • vampirinavampirina member
    I'm a little bummed I didn't get a reaction to my covid shot. Just a mildly sore arm. I mean I didn't want a fever or to be crazy sick, but a little mild off-ness would have been good   I was really looking forward to bumming around and watching Netflix all day while using my sick time, but now I feel like I have to work because I feel fine enough to do so. Of course, I've been feeling tired and sick for the last 10+ weeks now, so maybe I am reacting and I'm just used to it by now. 🤣
    galentine
    @vampirina When did you get it? My husband got a reaction within about 3 hours, but mine didn't kick in until around 20 hours later.
  • vampirinavampirina member
    edited May 4
    Yesterday morning, so about 25 hours ago.
    @vampirina Ah, you're probably good then. Sorry! 🤷‍♀️
    vampirina