September 2021 Moms
Options

STM+ Weekly Check-In, Week of 3/18

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 
How are your other kids doing this week? 
Rants/Raves: 
Concerns/Questions: 
GTKY: What's your favorite Disney movie?

Re: STM+ Weekly Check-In, Week of 3/18

• Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 2 girls, almost 1 and almost 3!

How are your other kids doing this week? Still waiting on teeth from the 1 year old, plus she’s on a sleep regression so things have been fun. My toddler is a toddler, but she has these little angelic moments that are heart melting. 

Rants/Raves: this week I stopped diclectin and had a few awesome days, but then yesterday I spent most of the afternoon/evening on my bathroom floor. I just want to be done with the nausea :( 

Concerns/Questions: anyone who has been on diclectin before, when did you stop taking it? I find I feel woozy all the time when I’m on it, but without it I can’t function. 

GTKY: What's your favorite Disney movie? I’m gonna say Toy Story. I know it’s Pixar, but Disney owns them now so it counts right? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gutsysneakers that's so adorable! My kiddo thought our baby was gonna come out black and white after I showed her the ultrasound, lol.

@muggsd I hear you, my toddler has been driving me up the wall since... well last year haha. I actually had to stop writing this while I ran to stop him from unrolling our entire paper towel roll. My kids invented so many sleep regressions that I no longer believe in them! (Basically every other month from 0 to 2)

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? DD is 3.5 amd DS almost 2
    How are your other kids doing this week? DD is usually awesome, seems to be overwhelmed by all my surprise appts and seeing friends all of a sudden so we are having laid back day today. DS is... two.
    Rants/Raves: it's been tough to deal with DS when he has his tantrums. I'm not supposed to pick him up if possible due to my short cervix and he constantly flops down and refuses to listen to me. I've had to get creative with dealing with him, ex changing him on a cold tile floor since he won't go to his change mat. 
    Concerns/Questions: 
    GTKY: What's your favorite Disney movie?
    Wall E 
  • Options
    @muggsd those toddlers... they’re like sour patch kids! I don’t have experience with that med either but hoping you can get off it soon! 

@gutsysneakers  adorable! My 5 yr old was very concerned about how the baby gets out. 

@sl@sleepydaze Ugh, not being able to pick up sucks. I wasn’t supposed to lift over 10 lbs with DS2 and vividly remember an epic grocery store tantrum from DS1 during that time 🙄 my OB this time actually said not to lift over 25 lbs but my 2 yr old is 44 lbs sooo 😬

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 2 and 5

How are your other kids doing this week? We had a fun play date today! They’ve been pretty good. Just sick of the crappy weather after we had a few beautiful days.

Rants/Raves: I was trying to get a free sample box from buy buy baby last night but the website was not cooperating for me bleh. 

Concerns/Questions: natm

GTKY: What's your favorite Disney movie? New movie- Moana. Oldie - always loved Peter Pan
  • Options
    @sleepydaze solidarity on the two year tantrums! DD lovesssssss to flop on the floor dramatically 10 times a day. She also is refusing her changing mat and gets changed on the floor now. They’re all the same!

@whatabout2ndbreakfast holy moly my 2 year old is 33 pounds and I always feel like she’s giant 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? - DD is 2! 

How are your other kids doing this week? She’s good! Much better now that she’s not sick anymore. She recently started saying “stop it” which is very sassy but cracks me up.

Rants/Raves: My rave is that we are going upstate NY this weekend with FRIENDS. Woah!!!!! Can’t remember the last time we did that. We all go covid tests today, and two of them have antibodies from having covid last month and two are already vaccinated. We all tested anyway just to be super safe and I’m really excited for a weekend with a change of scenery and a change of company! My rant is that we are in an epic house hunt in a ridiculously difficult market and I understand my realtor doesn’t want to be so pushy that she ruins her reputation but today I asked for a last minute appointment to see a house that will DEFINITELY be gone over the weekend and when the listing agent told her they couldn’t show it today she just accepted that as an answer. So I took it upon myself and called the agent and guess who managed to get a showing? Me!!! I love my agent but I’m tired of feeling like I’m the only one hustling. I’m trying to find an amazing home and win it before this baby comes. So frustrating. I feel like no one gets anything done except for me. 

Concerns/Questions: None! 

GTKY: What's your favorite Disney movie?- this is so hard!!!!! I’m thinking Aladdin because I’m old school. 
  • Options
    @muggsd I hope it lets up for you soon!

@gutsysneakers yay for in person school!

@sleepydaze I preferred 2 to 3 but I can see how it would start early with kid 2

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? I have a 4 year son

How are your other kids doing this week? He’s good, 4 is fun. He surprises me with his thoughts and questions. The clinginess gets to me sometimes, always touching me and not able to sit still ever.  

Rants/Raves: I finished the last step in our biggest 1Q project at work arhat I manage. Such a relief! First tri and 1Q do not go together at all.

Concerns/Questions: Nothing ATM

GTKY: What's your favorite Disney movie? Now-Moana Childhood-Bambi
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? One 2 year old son

How are your other kids doing this week? He just started daycare again this week since I've started back at work.  The lady who watches him raves about him everyday we come to pick him up.  How many words he has now, how many songs he sings, he's been peeing on the potty there.  It's insane how well behaved they are when you aren't around.  

Rants/Raves: tomorrow is my first day back on the road after 2 days of re-training.  I foresee myself being exhausted tomorrow after work.  

Concerns/Questions: natm

GTKY: What's your favorite Disney movie? Alladin! 
  • Options
    @runningonindie he’s also very tall! Both my boys are over 100%tile for height 😂 that’s so frustrating with your realtor! Ours was not very helpful in finding our new construction but hopefully she kills it on the selling end. 
  • Options

@muggsd sleep regression and teeth sounds like the stuff of nightmares

@gutsysneakers That’s def one of my favorites! I introduced my son to Bedknobs & Broomsticks and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang this summer. He LOVED them. I hear him singing Portabello Road in the shower sometimes haha

@sleepydaze I like your kiddo’s logic “well the picture is these colors so the baby will be” haha

@whatabout2ndbreakfast I just started heading down the sample box rabbit hole, haven’t started with buy buy baby yet, I’m sorry the website was being a brat for you

@runningonindie I’ve had the non pushy realtor on my side before, we had a “must be under agreement by X date” cutoff that she knew about up front. She didn’t advocate enough for us and we wound up having to rent instead (needed to move before kindergarten started). Definitely advocate for yourself, great job getting a showing!

@paulpaw congrats on finishing the project! I’m still way behind on my MBOs for Q1, I think I’ll only manage to get about 85% complete. The first tri exhaustion just hit too hard and I couldn’t stay online working on things past end of day (8pm for me), which is my normal routine.

@deziraywatt I definitely always think “why can’t you behave so nicely for me” haha but it’s also nice to know that the manners and things we’re teaching them are sticking!

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? One 9yr old boy

How are your other kids doing this week? Eh ... He’s been sneaking video games for the past few weeks and was getting better last week but twice this week I’ve caught him playing games on his school computer when he should be working. We had already maxed out how far we can ground him so we’ve backed off grounding and are trying to go with “this is an appropriate time to play games” instead to see if this method works

Rants/Raves: we booked a long weekend getaway a few states away for late June with our hockey family.  We were already close but covid brought us closer since we were each other’s only socialization lol. We’re all renting cabins in a row on a lake and are going to try to remember how to be real people for a few days. We’re pretty sure it’s going to be lord of the flies with seven 9yr olds and a handful of younger siblings. I can’t wait!

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite Disney movie? Oh this is tough, I’m one of those people who has a hard time not quoting every line of Disney movies when they’re on. I would say for classics “Fox & the Hound” and for recent “Moana”.

• Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? I have 5 LC (3 boys and 2 girls) and 1 baby girl who is our Angel baby. 18, 7, 5, 3, 16 months. 

How are your other kids doing this week? My 3 yo has a stye. Her poor eyelid is so swollen so we have been doing warm compresses. It’s slowly getting better it just looks awful. My 7 yo turned 7 this past Wednesday. 😭 We are having her party tomorrow. She is so excited. We also rented a theater out today and watched a movie. It was awesome. I may never want to go to the movies with other people ever again. Renting it is the way to go! My youngest is fighting naps soooo bad. He needs to sleep, falls asleep, but then wakes as soon as I lay him down. 🙄 So we have been doing some Ferber. He just gets angry though so it’s really slow going. I have never had this issue with a baby before so I’m just at a loss. He has never been a good sleeper though. Even as a newborn. He was up every 1.5 hours for 3 months straight. Then he finally stretched it to 2 hours for a few months. It was rough. I just basically slept with my boobs out. 

Rants/Raves: see above about the sleep issues. 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite Disney movie? Lady and the Tramp is my all time favorite. 
  • Options

@muggsd I hope you feel better. I had one pregnancy where my symptoms persisted until 14 weeks and then slowly tapered off. It was rough. 

@gutsysneakers I let my kids listen to the baby’s HB too and they get so excited. My oldest daughter asks a lot of questions. She flat out asked me how the baby will get out and I told her. She is very curious and I don’t want her going other places to ask these questions. She has recently started asking more questions about how I got pregnant. 😬 I’m not ready for that talk. I have to think of a way to be honest but at an age appropriate level. 

@sleepydaze Changing the toddler on the cold hard floor is a great natural consequence for not listening. I love a good natural consequence. I feel like they make a lasting impact. I’m also dealing with tantrums but mine is only 16 months. He does lots of screaming. He has started this new thing where he will do something he knows he isn’t suppose to do and when I say no, he runs over and gives me a kiss. He’s is stinker but a really cute one. 

@whatabout2ndbreakfast I’m so desperate for spring to get here already. It was in the low 20’s today. It also snowed most of the day. My in-laws are here so at least my BIL gets outside and shovels the driveway. I miss having a teenager in the house to help pull the weight of those tough jobs (my BIL is 13). 

@runningonindie I had to fire a realtor because she was too busy to show us houses on the days my husband was available. She said she had too much paperwork. 🙄 So I found a realtor that could show us houses any time we were available. 

@paulpaw  I really like your username. I called my grandfather PawPaw and it always makes me think of him when I see your username. 

@deziraywatt my oldest was always getting compliments on his behavior and I would side eye the people. My son? Just wait until he gets comfortable around you. He was such a challenging kid, lol. My mom always told me it’s what I deserved because I was so challenging. 

@grizzlymama86 We had so many issues with my oldest concerning video games. We finally got rid of them for a very long time and then slowly brought them back but he was only allowed 30 minutes a day. We did that on the recommendation of his behavioral therapist. Don’t be afraid to just take them away and make him earn it back. It was the BEST thing we ever did for him. That and limiting his TV. He started reading books and sometimes preferred to read than have screens. 
  • Options
    @grizzlymama86 if you find any good ones let me know ;) that vacation sounds perfect!

@emeraldcity1214 oh man that sleep schedule sounds really rough. My first was a horrible napper  and completely dropped naps around 2 unless we were driving around in the car. My aunt suggested strapping him in a car seat and sticking him on top of a running washer but I never tried it 😂😅 Hopefully the naps and weather improve for you soon! 
  • Options
    @muggsd nooo, I'm so sorry you're still feeling so sick! Hopefully those few good days means you're at the tail end of feeling sick!

@gutsysneakers that is so cute!! All of those innocent questions are so fun!

@runningonindie so glad she's feeling better!

@emeraldcity1214 I love the idea of renting a movie theater! I'm keeping that idea in my back pocket, glad you guys had fun! Also, I read "It's Not the Stork" to my 6 year old this year as part of our homeschool, it's essentially a sex ed book geared toward kids ages 4-7, and it's the first in a series of books for slightly older kids, too. I wanted to be honest and scientifically accurate when we started this conversation, and I am so glad we started it while he's so young because even though I felt awkward, he totally did not, and that made it easier for me to get through it! I highly recommend it!

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? one 6 year old boy
    How are your other kids doing this week? Pretty good, he lost his 3rd tooth this week, and now today he bumped yet another tooth so it's hanging by a thread and flopping all around. He won't close his mouth or eat or anything. This will be his 4th lost tooth in about a month, and they're ALL on the bottom! The top ones aren't even loose yet!
    Rants/Raves: We're gearing up for another set of events at work, culminating next weekend, so it's been pretty hectic. I'm excited for these shows, but they're also stressing me out! I had a wonderful volunteer help with the prep for the last two days that made a HUGE difference, so that was amazing, but tonight I'll need to go in to fix and finish a few things, tomorrow we have a long rehearsal, and Sunday we start performing... no days off until next Sunday! 
    Concerns/Questions: 
    GTKY: What's your favorite Disney movie? Inside Out
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 - yes, my 6 year old knows that she came out of my vagina. She loves telling random people that 😬 I just don’t want my 4 year old blasting that info to his preschool class. I haven’t received “how did the baby get in your tummy” questions yet. Thank god. I am NOT ready for that conversation either. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @gutsysneakers The first time she asked I just told her daddy has sperm and mommy has an egg and when the sperm and the egg come together it creates a baby. Then our dog got neutered and I mentioned something about him not being able to get a girl dog pregnant. Oops, lol. Then she started asking lots of questions because she realized the male sperm is related to the male genitalia. 
  • Options
    @gutsysneakers @emeraldcity1214 my 9 year old has been asking tons of questions about how the baby comes out. Luckily I was able to show him my C-section scar and tell him the baby comes through there. Feels a bit disingenuous though...  Anyway, his questions have been getting harder the older he gets. The other day he heard the term "69" from someone at school. Apparently the term was being tossed around like  "69" was a word for something funny (obviously no one really knew what it meant). So he came home using the term in the wrong context, like, pointing at things, laughing, and saying "69!" really loudly lol.  Where's the handbook on how to handle that one? 🤦‍♀️ 
  • Options
    sleepydazesleepydaze member
    edited March 2021
    @emeraldcity1214 yes, that seems to be true about natural consequences. He already is starting to cooperate slightly faster for diaper changes now. I just bring the supplies out and make out like he's getting a diaper change on the hard floor and he'll eventually make his way to the change pad instead.

I'm loving all these young takes on sex haha. DD refers to male genitalia as "a peanuts"