Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY Thursday 2/25

What are your hobbies and how did you get into them?
*TW* TTC history
Me:32 DH:31
Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
DX: Unexplained
8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

Re: GTKY Thursday 2/25

• Oooh this is a fun question. I crochet, cross stitch, bake/decorate cakes, and play instruments/sing. 

Clearly from that list, I'm a pretty creative person. My mom taught me how to crochet and cross stitch. I did them a lot as a kid and picked the hobbies back up as an adult. I've always loved to bake and worked a year as a cake decorator at Walmart before I got my teaching job. And music seems self explanatory since I'm a music teacher. I play piano, ukulele, flute, any my main instrument is voice.
  • If you couldn't tell by my username, quilting and knitting are my main sources of fun.  Something about the repetitive motion with my hands that I enjoy and find relaxing!  I also love to cook and bake.  I also enjoy home decorating, projects, and organization, to DH's dismay.  Most of these things came from my mom, she is a huge quilter and cook/baker and I have so many happy memories of doing all these things together.

Also kind of an exercise nut.  I love running when the weather is warm.  I get bored easily so I'm always changing it up!
  • Loading the player...
  • I learned how to crochet from my grandmother and I have been doing that every fall and winter for years. I'm not that great at it - I never bothered to learn to follow any instructions or patterns, so all I make are blankets, haha! 

I don't really play anymore (too busy), but I played bass guitar for 20 years. I was in a few bands, and played some pretty awesome shows. One band opened for Blondie and Violent Femmes, and we played at the Whisky, Roxy, and Viper Room in LA pretty often. That was fun. 
  • @Lisa3379 whoa! that's so rad! I like to play the guitar and pick it up for a week here and there but I've been doing that off and on for the last 13 years or so.

My main love is dance. I grew up doing the "jazzerina" (ballet, jazz, tap) competition thing, then dance became one of my majors in college. Professionally, my focus as a therapist is in dance and movement psychotherapy, but I also dance for myself. I like contemporary/modern dance, and in the last year I've taken up pole and boudoir dance at a women-only studio in Seattle - I LOVE climbing, I've never felt so empowered as I do when I can get to the top.

• @gingermama29 I used to be a music teacher too! I used to teach middle school band, what age(s) do you teach? Most of my former hobbies consisted of music, and playing different instruments. Mostly woodwinds and brass. I can’t sing to save my life, I don’t know how I made it through music school 🤣. I haven’t really played in a year or so, I’ve thought about getting back into it but things have been so crazy and hectic between life and work. I really should though.
  • @rgn12 that's so awesome! I teach K-4 general music and 4-6 choruses. What was/is your main instrument? And yes, you definitely should. You'll be amazed how quickly it comes back to you!
  • @gingermama29 my main instrument is saxophone! I was teaching saxophone lessons on the side up until summer 2019, and then focused all my attention on my other job as it picked up. 
  • I posted this GTKY yesterday and then didn't even reply myself... whoopsies!
    So many musicians in our group! That's so cool. 
    I love love love crafting! So I guess that's my hobby lol. Doesn't matter what it is. I just love making things with my hands. I made a Harry Potter lamp once lol. I'm not very artsy but I love copying things, if that makes sense. I did a huge paint by numbers last year. It was just so destressing.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 I love paint by numbers! I did a big one 10 years ago when i lived alone and didn't know many people. They're just so relaxing! You also might like adult coloring books! (Except you have to choose the color yourself, so that's sometimes stressful 😂) I find those are good for waiting for long doctor appointments, etc.