Names? - Page 2 — The Bump
October 2021 Moms

Names?

Re: Names?

• I found a new name I love! Tallulah! DH is ready to talk names yet (he didn’t think we were going to get pregnant before our fertility appointment in June) so I’m giving him time but I’m pretty set on it.
    TTGP October Siggy Challenge - Pets in Costumes

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 26

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019 | May '19 BMB

TTC#2 | June '20-Present

bcliffee1mrsj1215
  • Loading the player...
  • @chindimples04 tallulah is a gorgeous name. I follow an influencer on IG Madi Nelson and her and her husband opened a clothing brand they named tallulah and I’m obsessed with it. Love love love 

chindimples04
  • Loading the player...
  • DH and I have been also talking about baby names before we were even married. DH is set on Madelyn Rose if we have a girl. I am torn between the names Madelyn Rose and Hadley Mae for a girl. I  was orginally thinking Hadley James but DH didnt like James as a middle name. So we picked Mae as a middle name. I am in the same boat as most of you when it comes to boys names. DH and I could only decide on Jonah Robert for a boys name. Boy names are hard for us to pick.
    chindimples04OneRainDropmrsj1215
  • @jtaylor199 we have a Madelyn! Love that name! ❤️ 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • aukeevaukeev member
    DS has an E name and we both like the idea of sticking with Es, but aren't married to that.

Our girl name list is constantly changing, but currently includes Ellis (my favorite), Elise, Elaina, Ava. 
    Our boy list includes Ezra, Elam, Eli, Emerson and Shepherd. 

We haven't given any thought to middle names yet, and probably won't until after we know the baby's gender.
    12/13/18 - First BFP! EDD 8/27/19
    9/2/19 - Baby #1 Born
    2/17/21 - BFP, MC at 7 weeks
    6/4/21 - BFP, CP determined

mrsj1215
  • kinezkinez Newbie
    edited March 6
    @aztecash I love you chose my name is kira
    how would you pronounce it i say mine with a long i KY-RAH OR will you say ke-rah
  • mrsj1215mrsj1215 member
    What I have so far! Some are from the list with DS & some are new! I haven't shown it to my husband yet though because he always shoots down my names & it's disappointing. 😆.. DS shares a middle name with my husband, but his first name is just one we loved and agreed on! We may do the same with this baby & do a family name for the middle- I'm not sure yet though!
  • aztecashaztecash member
    @kinez We'd pronounce it with a long e sound (Kee-rah) like Knightly or more accurately, like the daughter in Orphan Black.
    mac-n-cheese
  • aztecashaztecash member
    I had a dream last night that I caught the end of MASH and Hot Lips's real name was Chandler. I freaked out that Chandler was such a cute name for a girl. Dream Aztec has the worst taste in names! For reference, Dream Aztec also tried to name DS Pajamas, Maester P, and some other ridiculous names that I can't remember...
    tingsmomgalentine
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    edited March 9
    @aztecash Omg. “Wheezy” idk why that made me laugh so much but that would definitely be uncool if the child had asthma. However, if you’re a rap fan... I mean, wheezy could technically be a pretty cool NN. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    mac-n-cheese
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    My DH already has the names picked out... pretty much I get no say so.. I’m not sure how I feel about it. 🤔
  • cait32cait32 member
    @k_rn21 my reaction to that would be Hell No. Ha...

We'd talked about Carolyn Elizabeth for a girl -- Carolyn is my MILs name and my mom is Lisa which feels like its close to Elizabeth. But I just realized that my niece is named Coraline. Will it be weird to have a Coraline and a Carolyn? Lol...I would almost rather Elizabeth come first, but my husband loves the idea of using his mom's name (even though he wouldn't let me use my dad's name as a first name!).
    DSS: March 2006
    DD: July 2017
    DS: February 2019
    BFP #3 TW ended in CP March 2020
    BFP #4 - TW ended in CP August 2020
    BFP #5 - due October 2021
    galentinek_rn21
  • @cait32, Elizabeth Carolyn seems like a good compromise to me. I think you have two strong arguments for using Carolyn in the middle spot: it's a little close for comfort to your niece's name, and if you couldn't use your Dad's name as a first, then H can't use his mom's name as a first. It's only fair!! (Totally anecdotal and besides the point, but I love Elizabeth! So classic and so many potential nicknames. What a lovely name ❤)
    cait32
  • cait32cait32 member
    edited March 16
    Thanks, @galentine -- my other thought was we could go with Carolyn Elizabeth and just have her go by Elizabeth. My FIL goes by his middle name and so did my grandfather. That way she'd have the name but we wouldn't constantly be saying "Carolyn and Coraline!" lol. And I agree...so many cute nicknames with Elizabeth. We have a Charlie (DSS), Annabelle, and Benjamin so I definitely like the classics.

galentine
  • @cait32 I think you need to skip to a D name lol
    cait32
  • cait32cait32 member
    If it were a boy I want Danny @demimondaine but there are no girl D names that We like so far
  • I’m a big fan of unisex names. DS is Cohen William and DD is Sutton Mae. So now DH is stuck on continuing the en/on ending. As of right now we are thinking Fallon or Ferren no matter what the sex. Neither are my top favorites though. 
  • gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited March 30
    We have had our girl name set for a while, Jamie Lou. Jamie after FIL (passed away 6 years ago) James and Lou is my, my mom's, grandmother and I think great great grandmother's middle name. Totally lost on another boy name. Sort of like Liam also thinking about Daniel, but IDK yet.
    galentine
  • cait32cait32 member
    Wellllll...I was solidly pushing for Carolyn Elizabeth nn Betsy (our last name starts w B and has two syllables, so I feel like Betsy is super cute). But my daughter just named one of the new baby chicks we hatched Betsy...soooo, I might have to rethink.  :D
    gingermama46galentinebcliffee1threes_companypu
  • cait32cait32 member
    @gingermama46 Daniel is on my boy list! Love classic names and I adore Danny as a nn.

gingermama46
  • @cait32 awe yay!! My grandfather is Dan, so it would be after him! DS has somewhat of a unique name, no celebrity baby name by any means, but I always worry that something like Liam, is so popular so they would forever be Liam K like some of the more popular names I remember growing up.
  • @cait32 Besty is cute, but that story gives me Indiana Jones "You are named after the dog?" vibes.  :D

Good news: DH and I firmly agreed on a girl's name.
    Bad news: we're having a boy.

Everyone keeps asking DS what he's naming the baby. I keep telling him that he picked a good name, but he doesn't get to choose. Over the weekend he said "he's my baby and I'm naming him Silas." 
    cenzosmommamia8263
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    If we have a girl I really want to incorporate my grandmothers name. She passed last February and was my best friend. I miss her so much. Unfortunately her name isn’t easy to work with as her name was Dona Helen. My DH wants to name our daughter Lainey if it’s a girl but I don’t think I can make those names flow. Kind of upsetting. 
    galentine
  • @k_rn21 If you used Helen or Helena as a first name, you could easily use the nn Lainey. 
    cait32BusinessWife
  • @cait32 what about Betty? Too close?
    TTGP October Siggy Challenge - Pets in Costumes

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 26

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019 | May '19 BMB

TTC#2 | June '20-Present

• @vampirina I second the vote for Bacon Tomato! My DS also suggested his own name as an option, but we can't use names that he has used or might use for his stuffies because that would get confusing...
    vampirinamia8263
  • cait32cait32 member
    @chindimples04 I don't love Betty I don't think. My husband wants to use Lily (which for some reason is a nn for elizabeth?), but we'll see. Betsy the chicken could end up being a rooster and rehomed anyway haha
    chindimples04
  • @aztecash thankfully DS's only stuffies are named baby whale and dolphie dolphin, so they aren't contenders 🤣. 
    aztecash
  • ***lurking***
    @k_rn21 I am a sucker for old timey names, so Helaine sounds lovely, imho.
    Nn Lainey for YH.  ...If he *must*. 🙄

My girls both have a little bit old fashioned names with no obvious nns and I'm fine with that.  FIL insists on coming up with these utterly ridiculous nns, but no one actually calls them that. Lol

I think Helaine is quite refined. 😊

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Helaine
    Me: 38 | DH: 44 ~ TTC Our First May 2015 thru Dec 2017
    A Brief Summary of Our Infertility Journey
    5/16 - Began Creighton Method CM Tracking / Napro Fertility Medicine | Progesterone + various abx cycles - all BFNs
    8/16 - SHG: ute good, at least one tube open | 10/16 - MFI Azoo dx confirmed. No known genetic cause. Vas deferens absent.
    3/17 - DH started Clomid to prepare for MESA/TESE | 4/17 - Initial RE Consult for me | 7/17 - Successful retrieval for DH!
    9/17 - Two BTB IVFs  | 10/17 - Polypectomy  |  11/17 - 1st FET ended in CP | 12/17 - 2nd FET ... BFP!!! <3 EDD: 09/09/18
    Our incredible miracle baby is finally here!

Our Journey Trying for Siblings, still a work in progress...
    9/19 - 1st natural FET cycle, BFN | 10/19 - 2nd medicated FET cycle, cancelled
    11/19 - 3rd natural FET cycle, BFN  | 12/19 - 4th natural FET cycle... BFP!!! <3 EDD: 08/21/20
    Our second little miracle arrived safely via VBAC!

Our last two natural FET cycles, TTC our Third, (Already in progress)...
    3/21 - SHG and CD3 bloodwork all clear, started Synthroid, Ready to Transfer!
    4/21 - Penultimate FET, BFN | 5/21 - Final FET ... TBD

k_rn21
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited March 30
    @k_rn21, look into all the different forms of Helen. Apparently there are a ton of names that are various forms of Helen (the only reason I know this was because I was just reading the baby name book and noticed this last night!) Helen, Helena, Aileen, Ellen, Elena, Eileen, and Elaine are all variations of Helen (ETA- and there are several others I didn't list too). Elaine might be the perfect compromise for you guys since it is a form of Helen and your H could use the nickname Lainey if he wishes.
    BusinessWife
  • **dirty lurker**

@threes_companypu

I know her from instagram!  That's cool that you know her from TB as well.  I had an S18 baby; I was following her around / after the time that it happened, and then again for a bit when I was expecting our A20 baby.  But then I deleted my instagram so 🤷 TB is all I got now lol 😆  From what I know of her though, I think she would be incredibly touched.
    Me: 38 | DH: 44 ~ TTC Our First May 2015 thru Dec 2017
    A Brief Summary of Our Infertility Journey
    5/16 - Began Creighton Method CM Tracking / Napro Fertility Medicine | Progesterone + various abx cycles - all BFNs
    8/16 - SHG: ute good, at least one tube open | 10/16 - MFI Azoo dx confirmed. No known genetic cause. Vas deferens absent.
    3/17 - DH started Clomid to prepare for MESA/TESE | 4/17 - Initial RE Consult for me | 7/17 - Successful retrieval for DH!
    9/17 - Two BTB IVFs  | 10/17 - Polypectomy  |  11/17 - 1st FET ended in CP | 12/17 - 2nd FET ... BFP!!! <3 EDD: 09/09/18
    Our incredible miracle baby is finally here!

Our Journey Trying for Siblings, still a work in progress...
    9/19 - 1st natural FET cycle, BFN | 10/19 - 2nd medicated FET cycle, cancelled
    11/19 - 3rd natural FET cycle, BFN  | 12/19 - 4th natural FET cycle... BFP!!! <3 EDD: 08/21/20
    Our second little miracle arrived safely via VBAC!

Our last two natural FET cycles, TTC our Third, (Already in progress)...
    3/21 - SHG and CD3 bloodwork all clear, started Synthroid, Ready to Transfer!
    4/21 - Penultimate FET, BFN | 5/21 - Final FET ... TBD

• mia8263mia8263 member
    I love the names you all have chosen. I’m still so shocked and scared that I’m not as into the names at this point like I was for my other 3.  Wish I could enjoy a pregnancy for once. 
    threes_companypu
  • **dirty lurker**

@threes_companypu

Tears Joy GIF - Tears Joy Happiness - Discover  Share GIFs  Happy tears  gif Joy and happiness Boy meets world
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

chindimples04
  • @zuuls_mom Haha hey you!! For the record, I asked her the other day and she was beyond happy about it!
    zuuls_momBusinessWife
  • Our 'working' name is currently Fino Albert, after 2 grandpas (Rufino and Albert). ❤️
    mia8263gingermama46