Introductions — The Bump
October 2021 Moms

Introductions

Hey there—thought I’d get this started..

Due date? 

How did you find out? 

Tell us about yourself (age, location, Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
DSS: March 2006
DD: July 2017
DS: February 2019
BFP #3 TW ended in CP March 2020
BFP #4 - TW ended in CP August 2020
BFP #5 - due October 2021
bcliffee1threes_companypu

Re: Introductions

• Loading the player...
  • Loading the player...
  • @stephaniewagner I'm super thirsty too! I was with my others, I think, and I was terrible about getting enough water so then I'd get headaches. I got one yesterday but trying to stay on top of water today. One of my CPs was in August 2020 to. Hoping we both get our rainbows! My tests are already darker than either of my CPs but I'll still feel better when I get a ways past this. My period was due tomorrow so I'm not even at that point yet!
    BusinessWife
  • @cait32 We are having similar experiences! Your other babies weren’t born in January were they? My two girls are January babies, so it’ll be strange to have an October baby. 

What is up with the thirst!?? I made my first ob apt today and they seemed kind of weirded out since I’m over 35. They were going to run it by the doc but I haven’t heard back yet. I’ll let you know what they say. 
  • @stephaniewagner My daughter is July 2017 and my son is February 2019, though he was due at the end of January. I was 35 for him -- I turned 35 in December and I had him two months later. I use midwives at a birthing center and they don't bat an eye at 35 -- while it's technically "AMA" it doesn't change anything. Both my pregnancies (at 33 and 35) were totally normal.
  • When are y'all having your first ultrasound?
    Are you hoping for a boy or girl or a surprise?
  • @5yearstrying Congrats on the positive! That must be soo exciting for you guys! My doc only scheduled my intake apt for the 12th. Said I could have an ultrasound 9/10 weeks in. Which I was bummed that they switched it from 8 weeks. How about you? I am hoping for another girl, but would be really happy with a boy. I just have so much girl stuff already, it would be difficult with a boy. Lol Plus we just built our home and it’s a 3 bed. If my oldest stays home for college, the 6 year old will be eventually sharing a room with the baby. Guess we will see!!
    5yearstrying
  • Oh I wish we had leftover baby stuff lol would make it less tempting to over shop. I already know I'm having a boy because of the genetic testing, and we've been trying so long we really are happy with either, we just asked for the best quality embryo. We are not telling anyone we know the gender, but did tell close family of the positive test. I think because I did ivf my first scan is in 2 weeks. I won't 'graduate' from the ivf clinic to an ob until I get to 9/10 weeks.
    Have you told anyone yet?
  • @BumpAdmin Please sticky this thread!
  • @cait32 thank you! Yeah it’s a total mind f***. I just called and made my appointment. I went with 8 1/2 weeks instead of 6 because I wonder if going in at 6 when it’s normal to not find a heartbeat will just totally mess with my mind, versus just waiting and finding out for sure at 8 weeks. But the waiting, THE WAITING! Another 5 weeks of just sitting with this anxiety seems impossible. I do wonder if they’d let me get blood drawn at 6 weeks just to make sure my hcg is increasing at a normal rate. I don’t know what that costs when it’s not referred by the doc but the peace of mind may be worth it. I’m just going to keep doing yoga and barre and focusing on optimism to try and get through it. Ugh!!
    cait325yearstryinggalentine
  • @stephaniewagner my dad remarried when I was in middle school and my siblings were born when I was 13, 15 and 20. They are entirely different relationships than the one I have with my older brother who is not even 2 years older than me, but they are amazing and special relationships on their own! Now I’m 32 and they’re 19, 17 and 12. It’s been so fun to watch them grow up. So I guess from the perspective of your oldest, it’s going to be so cool for her!! It definitely was for me. Definitely takes commitment and hard work to prioritize those relationships once she moves away if she will, but worth it !!
  • @kitandcat Thank you for sharing! That is great to hear you still have wonderful relationships with them even with the huge age gap. I’m sure it does take a lot of work and commitment to be close to them with not really growing up together. Her and her younger sister fight all the time and she’s not really into “playing” with her, but they are close in their own way. I love having the spread out age gap as we were totally able to enjoy our first daughter focused only on her and her sports. Then we can do the same with the 6 year old... but having the baby will change things a bit for her. They were both really wanting a sibling last year and were very excited when I told them I was pregnant last August. Only to miscarry a few days later. It was devastating to have to tell my 16 year old. I wished I never said anything so soon. This time I’m waiting till at least the first ultra sound. It’s really hard tho because we are close. I had her when I was 20, so I was joking that her new sibling could be besties with her children if she ended up having kids early as well! I obviously told her she should try to wait a bit and enjoy her freedom a little more! Haha. I’m not gonna lie, I look at siblings close in age and sometimes wish I had gone that route. To our life, and no family support, it was tough with just one at the time and being so young. It’s all turning out well so far tho!
    kitandcat
  • @stephaniewagner I totally get waiting to tell this time. I told my 4 and 2 year old about my first pregnancy, and they were both so excited. And then we lost the baby and they had a much harder time understanding the baby was gone. I lost the baby in June and all summer long my 2 year old asked about the baby in my belly. My next pregnancy I didn’t say anything and we planned to wait until 12 weeks, and I lost that baby too. I’m being optimistic and positive and thinking about my excitement to eventually tell them this time. It’s hard to take on the burden of all of this and hold it all in. 

It must be so much more difficult with a 16 year old who you’re so close with! I’m sure you’re dying to tell her and all share in the joy together! It’ll be such a happy day when the timing is right and you’re able to share! So many happy memories ahead of us. 
  • @kitandcat I am so, so sorry to hear about your losses. With my first two, miscarriage never even crossed my mind so it wasn’t a thought last summer either. It was a total shock when it happened. I was just being naive. Luckily my 5 year old didn’t ask about the baby in my tummy afterwards so I never explained the loss to her. I guess I’m thinking past tense. She just turned 6 last week and my 16yo turns 17 on Saturday. Don’t want to sound confusing my girls ages. Lol Ugh, it’s such a hard thing to go through and almost alone in it, because I didn’t tell anyone else but my sister that I was pregnant. So I didn’t have much support afterwards. Now being pregnant again, ALL you think about and worry about is loosing this baby and the time just ticks-ticks by when you are just trying to get farther along to know everything will be alright. Finding out at 3 weeks is torture!!! Every time I go to bathroom I panic thinking this is the time I’ll see spotting. It’s really difficult. Trying to think and stay positive for myself... AND all of you ladies going through similar experiences. 

Getting my blood drawn now and every week until my ultrasound actually sounds like a great idea! I wonder if the doc would order if I call. Hmmmm
    kitandcat
  • @kitandcat So I called my doc yesterday and they ordered a beta test. I just called to get my results and my HCG was 11,669. I told her I’d be 5 weeks tomorrow and the nurse said no, you’d be more like 7/8 weeks pregnant. I don’t get it!!! Can I be pregnant with twins? My last period started dec 26 and we didn’t start trying without condoms till maybe the 4th-ish of January. Now I’m all confused and she said she didn’t know if the doc would get back with me today or early next week. WTH
    kitandcat
  • @stephaniewagner here's "normal" ranges by week...given that early on they double pretty fast, it seems like your 11K could still be pretty close to normal -- especially if you ovulated early. Twins is possible but I wouldn't assume that yet certainly.
    • 3 weeks: 5 - 50 mIU/ml.
    • 4 weeks: 5 - 426 mIU/ml.
    • 5 weeks: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml.
    • 6 weeks: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml.
    • 7 - 8 weeks: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml.
    • 9 - 12 weeks: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml.
    • 13 - 16 weeks: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml.
  • @lyndsayem35 I am so sorry for your loss. It’s such an exhausting and difficult and sad thing to go through. And I’m sending so much love and light and positivity to you for good results. It’s brought me comfort reading stories here too. While I don’t wish these experiences on anyone, it’s been helpful to know I’m not alone. Because a miscarriage is such an isolating experience. And two in a row is the hardest thing I’ve ever been through. I truly will be thinking about you and hoping for the best. please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you need someone to talk to! It’s so difficult to go through this “alone”, without people who’ve been through it too who can commiserate with you. I’m here if you need me!
  • @fitzfizz ahhhhhhhhhhhhh as a TTGP stalker I'm SO PUMPED to see this! Huge congrats to you and I hope you have nothing but the easiest pregnancy ahead of you!
    galentineBusinessWife
  • @kabazaba were you in Jan 2019?! I was too and ended up having him on 2/1 (today!). I feel like I remember your name...I was in the FB group for a bit but just didn't participate and felt badly being a lurker. I'm still super close to my TTGP girls from when we were all pregnant with our firsts in 2016. I think I recognize your name!
    Kabazaba
  • I was! I recognized your name too and sent you a message :) we were bookends. DD was born 12/31 and your DS 2/1. 😂
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

cait32threes_companypu
  • @fitzfizz - I thought your name was more familiar than from just stalking TTGP. I was in the Oct 2020 BMB too, but I ghosted around 12 weeks. I actually have the same EDD this time around... Glad to see you here!

@Kabazaba - not quite birthday twins, mine is today. Happy early birthday!
    Kabazaba
  • @kitandcat thank you so much for your kind words. I somehow procured an OB appt this afternoon by calling first thing this morning. Though it’s only to confirm my pregnancy to schedule the “first” appt, they are going to order bloodwork. It means a lot that you reached out and thank you for that. Losses are incredibly isolating and starting out this pregnancy with worrisome signs just brings me right back to it. Thanks again!
    kitandcat5yearstrying
  • Due date? 
           10/8/21
    How did you find out? 
        Home pregnancy test x2! I just had a feeling so checked when I got home from work and voila 

Tell us about yourself (age, location, Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
      I’m uninteresting. 31, married for 6 years 5 yo DD, 2 yo DS. Love taking walks/hikes with my family. 

Feeling good. Shocked. No symptoms really. First appointment is March 4

Pregnancy Ticker
    kitandcat5yearstryinggalentinethrees_companypu
  • bcliffee1bcliffee1 member
    edited February 2
    EDD: 10/15 based off period starting 1/8

How did you find out? 
    My SO and I have been trying since I got my IUD out in December. I knew it was still early to test and was peeing on the cheapo sticks, all negatives until Sunday morning I saw the faintest line so tried 3 regular tests and all came back positive 

I am 29 years old and I live in New Hampshire with my boyfriend of 6 years. We have a son who will be 3 in May. I was in the BMB 2018 group and I am still super close with all of those women so I am super excited to meet everyone. I recently started a small business so between working full time in healthcare, growing a business and chasing a toddler and two furballs around I have my hands full. 

No major symptoms at the moment but I am still very very early. I contemplated waiting to jump into the group. I should have been getting my period this week. My first appt is scheduled March 4th (I should be around 8 weeks then)

kitandcatKabazabagalentinethrees_companypu
  • Due date?
    Per cycle its 10/8 but getting 1st sono on 2/16 because ill be in my 6th week. They checked at my 1st doctor appointment but i was wayy to early to see anything.

How did you find out?
    I went to urgent care due to constipation, stomach upset and heart burn

I am 32 and a SAHM to 2 beautiful daughters that are 7 & 2 y/o. I am in Maryland with my hubby. I love to listen to music, love nature, meditation, cooking and reading. I love sticking YouTube mamas as well! We are PRAYING for a son! We already have 2 girls and hubby has a daughter from a previous relationship soooo yes im
    Manifesting our son Jase 🥰

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)

I am feeling ok. Haven’t been sick except once. This pregnancy/symptoms are nothing like my last 2 soo im hoping that means BOY!!

Thanks for having me!
    kitandcatKabazabathrees_companypu
  • Hey @knottie8bec875ceea12d93 (please change your name so tagging is easier) -- I'm in MD too, with a 2 yr old DD! I hope you get a Jase this time.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @leylea89 congratulations and welcome!

my almost 3 year old is completely obsessed with Cocomelon. Well, JJ. She is all JJ all the time and right before reading your intro I was looking up Cocomelon birthday decorations LOL 🤣🤣

leylea89
  • Due date? 

10/10 based on LMP

How did you find out? 

Lol- a pregnancy test. ;) I tested yesterday, a few days after I expected my period. We’ve been trying for #2 for about a year now. This is my first positive, and it’s a little surprising because it took two years and an IUI for a successful #1. 

I’m 34, and live in Michigan. My kiddo is 2 (a nov 18 baby). I don’t feel like I do much other than work and take care of my kid. Do walks with the family could as ‘things you like to do’? Oh! I love The Bachelor franchise, watch it every week with my husband (usually a few days late because of evening work meetings). 

As far as symptoms, got a little breast tenderness, creamy cm, lightheadedness, and insomnia/exhaustion. I’m realizing I’m less ready for the body-changes/takeover than I thought I was. 🤣

I miscarried my first pregnancy (before the one that brought me my kiddo), so I’m super anxious about that. I mean, that feels like an understatement. Almost couldn’t bring myself to join the board because I don’t want to have to bow out later, you know?  But I’m also very excited. And also very overwhelmed by all the things and all the life changes this may bring, so I’m very happy to be part of a community going through the same. 

My first appointments are a call at 6w4d and an in person apt at 10w5d. So far away. Since my last pregnancy was through the fertility clinic they had blood tests right away and a US at 7 weeks, so reassuring. I guess I’m going to just have to wait........
    galentinethrees_companypu
  • @amjschmidt welcome! You are in (unfortunately) good company with being PGAL among those of us who are already here (I think maybe all but one of us have had a loss). Would your doctor order an earlier ultrasound or blood work to ease your worries? I had two CPs in 2020 so my midwife was happy to order bloodwork (though I couldn’t follow through because I’m in Hawaii at the moment for my husbands military stuff). I’m doing an ultrasound at 7 weeks out here at one of those walk in ultrasound places, just so I know one way or the other.

• @demimondaine — welcome! I was July 2017...I don’t know if you meant June or July. I only minimally participated because a whole group of us from TTGP all went to a private group around that same time (a bunch of spring/summer/fall 2017 babies). We migrated to Facebook and are all super close—most of us have had multiple kiddos at this point. So anyway if you were July, I was there and active but not super active!