Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Time spent bopping your baby?

Because of the pandemic, my husband and I have been completely on our own. We are just wondering how normal our experience is, or if we are doing too much. 

We watch LO’s wake windows and sleep cues, then spend anywhere from 10-30+ minutes bopping her to sleep. She is 9 weeks old and has potentially hit an extra fussy patch, but I’m just a struggling with how much of my day is spent trying to get her down and bopping her even more to keep her asleep. Do most parents just leave a baby to try to fall asleep at some point? I’m just hitting a physical and emotional wall. 

Can I hear some insight on what a typical day looks like with your LO? How much time is spent trying to get them to sleep?

Re: Time spent bopping your baby?

• Options
    Because of the pandemic, my husband and I have been completely on our own. We are just wondering how normal our experience is, or if we are doing too much. 

We watch LO’s wake windows and sleep cues, then spend anywhere from 10-30+ minutes bopping her to sleep. She is 9 weeks old and has potentially hit an extra fussy patch, but I’m just a struggling with how much of my day is spent trying to get her down and bopping her even more to keep her asleep. Do most parents just leave a baby to try to fall asleep at some point? I’m just hitting a physical and emotional wall. 

Can I hear some insight on what a typical day looks like with your LO? How much time is spent trying to get them to sleep?
    I’m not familiar with “bopping.” Do you mean patting their back and bouncing them?

My babies typically fall asleep/get pretty dozy nursing if it’s around nap or bed time. The I put them down and leave them. If they do wake up and fuss and won’t fall asleep after a few minutes of crying, I go get them and either keep them up or nurse and try to put them down again, depending on what I think they really need. 

Sometimes I sit in a chair and rock them for a bit to sleep, but even at that age, that’s usually not even a once a day occurrence.