August 2021 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinions 12.31

Re: Unpopular Opinions 12.31

• Options
    IMO, maternity clothes aren’t that comfortable. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @emmylou78 FTM here, what is it you don't like about them? I'm just curious since obviously I've never experienced them before!

I've been seeing this conversation pop up today in relation to NYE (and what people like to do or don't like to do to celebrate it in a normal year), so my UO is I find the whole introvert/extrovert dichotomy really tedious and dumb! Literally almost everyone in the world enjoys staying in to watch Netflix sometimes and going out to see friends other times, and it's really not that interesting to talk a bunch about which side you fall on more often... plus I low key think it's kind of mean when self-proclaimed introverts make it a point to talk about how great it feels to cancel plans/never see people. Like, doesn't it hurt your friends feelings for you to publicly declare you'd really rather not be around them? I'm probably being too sensitive about that, which is why it's a UO I guess.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @the_most_happy The bands of pants and leggings are scratchy on my stomach. The shirts with rouching are okay but not what I would consider amazingly comfortable. At the end of my last pregnancy, I ended up buying American Eagle jeans in larger sizes and just wore them. 
  • Options
    @emmylou78 oooh disagree. I love maternity clothes! Though I'm plus sized so they're not a far stretch from styles I normally wear.
  • Options
    @the_most_happy I think introvert vs extrovert is where you recharge. I love my friends and miss them but I recharge my battery alone. It's fun to hang out but it tires me out to socialize. I think flaunting canceling out on people is sucky no matter what, though I know that feeling. 

@emmylou78 that's one thing I'm looking forward to summer pregnancy - maybe more cute dresses! I lived in one maternity dark jegging (I think old navy) and two pairs of work pants. Otherwise just stretchy leggings that I still wear haha. Maternity/nursing bras mostly suck. I may shell out for expensive ones earlier this time around but I dunno. H&M had surprisingly good maternity clothes.

My UO? As I get older, the less I believe in new years resolution. 
  • Options
    @emmylou78 the only maternity clothes I like are the jeans with an extra stretchy panel and no zipper. Best ever 🤣😂
  • Options
    @emmylou78 I get monthly stitch fix boxes and they do maternity clothes!  I told them my preferences and they sent me all kinds of cute stuff!  Check it out!  You can tell them “nothing over the tummy” and they’ll accommodate. 
  • Options
    @emmylou78 I don’t mind how maternity clothes fit, but I struggle with finding stuff that isn’t matronly! Most maternity clothes are so ugly. 
  • Options
    I hateeeee full panel maternity clothes. I agree so much of it is ugly and I abhorred all of my clothes by the end of my pregnancy. I was broke so didn’t have anything nice and not much of it and was so sick of all of it by the end. Definitely planning on dresses as soon as it’s warm. And I’m probs going to do StitchFix too. I did last time for a couple things but cancelled because it was too expensive. I already bought a couple dresses from ASOS that I love and will buy some more. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    @emily1052 Oooooh, I didn’t know stitch fix had maternity!! I’ve done it for years but I switched to only every other month just bc it’s so expensive. I complained this month because they always send the same styles and I want to change it up. 

@claireloSC. I’ll check it out. Last time I wore tank tops (October baby) and shorts all summer. They were low slung shorts. I have in my brain that I’ll wear cute summer dresses but it probably won’t happen 😅
  • Options
    @emmylou78 totally check it out!  I find that the more I communicate with them the better my picks are.  Just this last month I had to tell them to stop sending me purple tops.  Not my favorite color. 
  • Options
    @claireloSC I lived in dresses from April until my second was born July 2017!  I was so mad at myself for not wearing dresses all the time my previous pregnancy.  By the end of first pregnancy (born in September) I was wearing frumpy sweats and my husband old t-shirts.  My current youngest was born in January and we live in a northern state, so winter is cold and snowy here, so I had to wear pants.  It was awful.  #1 reason I'm happy for another summer baby!  Lol
  • Options
    @MrsPyrowiz Yes, DD was due in January too! It was a lot of sweaters and jeans and tees. Definitely excited to be super pregnant during the hot months this time around. I just need to find leggings or something to get me through till it's warm enough for dresses.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020