1st Trimester

Miscarried first pregnancy, In second Pregnancy now but cant put a stopper on my anxiety.

When I first became pregnant I miscarried at about 6 weeks 3 days. I had a natural miscarriage but had to be admitted for too much blood loss. 3 years later we were trying again and I am now currently pregnant! I am 11 weeks and a day today. However I am so beyond anxious that something will happen. I did do my first ultrasound at 7 weeks and I did see a strong, healthy heart beat, however I still cant stop worrying that something will go wrong. I never had morning sickness, just a bit of queasiness and unable to eat. My breasts are very sore and I am have been exhausted. Lately I have been having dizzy/light headed spells. I am also super emotional. I know I have no signs of a miscarriage or a missed-miscarriage, no spotting, no bleeding, no cramping (besides round ligament paint), I just am still so anxious. I have a appointment in 2 weeks to check the heart beat and to get a physical. Its all very routine, but my biggest fear is that between week 7 and my next appointment, something had happened and I didn't know. I saw my doctor maybe about a week ago, and she assured me baby's heart beat at 7 weeks was strong and I will keep this baby, but I hate not knowing if its okay since I first did the ultra sound. 

Re: Miscarried first pregnancy, In second Pregnancy now but cant put a stopper on my anxiety.

• @ayoungartist0 I HIGHLY recommend a good therapist to deal with TTCAL/PGAL anxiety and emotions.  It is one hell of a roller coaster.  Also, remember that all you can do is to be the healthiest you can be (physically AND emotionally) for your baby.  If you are going to MC, there is usually nothing you can do to stop it.  Therefore, just be the healthiest you can and love that baby every day that you have it, regardless of whether you only have it for 5 weeks or 12 weeks or 30 weeks or if you get to have a healthy living baby for years and years. That way you know that you loved it for as long as you know it existed.  That helps many PGAL moms.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • I also recommend a baby heartbeat doppler. It helped me tremendously in between waiting periods with my twin pregnancy. I was easily able to find the heartbeats by 11wks so you should be fine. The anxiety doesn't go away unfortunately. I am pregnant again after IVF (5 1/2 wks right now) and I dr. google everything which I know is a downward spiral...I am anxiously awaiting my first Ultrasound next Friday!! Good luck!!
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally understand.... I had a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks, and I think I am now pregnant again - still very early!

I am trying to tell myself that having a healthy baby is a miracle, and I should not take it for granted, BUT, to keep myself same - I have to focus on my normal day to day routine as much as possible and just think futuristic...about what our life will be like with our little one - instead of all the 'unknowns'in between. Wishing you all the best this time 'round💚
  • In the same boat... 2 weeks shy of 1 year ago at my 9 week u/s there was no heartbeat. Tomorrow is that same appt and I'm terrified. Plus this time around I have to go in alone. Damn covid. I feel much differently this time around, with stronger symptoms (though still no morning sickness, which is common in my family) so fingers and toes crossed for us all!! Now if only I could fall asleep 🙃
  • I’m in the same boat too! A year and a half ago I was pregnant and had some symptoms, but at the 9 week ultrasound we found there was no heartbeat. Now a year and a half later I’m at 7w2d, and my first ultrasound is coming up on Monday. I so nervous. But also very hopeful. I have a lot more symptoms, which is a good sign I know, and I feel optimistic but the anxiety is still there and the “what if’s” are getting more and more frequent. It’s hard to quiet the fears.