August 2021 Moms

TW 🧇 Tuesday

Spill it: who’s grinding your gears this week? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TW 🧇 Tuesday

• Myself. I ran out of laundry detergent and they didn't have any unscented in stock so, I bought regular stuff. Now I am paying for it with intense sinus pain and sneezing. 

Also my MIL. She is being stubborn and spitefulabout Christmas. We suggested to do something outside but she "doesn't feel like it because it's cold". I'm sorry what? It's 5°C and you go outside a million times a day to smoke. You can't spend 20 minutes outside for your grandkid? 
  • The cafe I picked up lunch from. They effed up my order AGAIN. Worst of all.... they didn’t give me the piece of pie I ordered. :rage:
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh my father and extended family!

First my father is mad at me because I set a boundary and refused to sign up for his MLM (no judgment if you love MLMs but they aren't for me as I have strong feelings about the business model).

Secondly, I found out my sister (who is currently undergoing chemo treatment for cancer) got COVID, which of course has me freaked out. But no, my family group, including my sister and her family (6 different family units not including us) still wants to get together at my grandparents house - both of whom are in their 70s and my grandma has all the pre-existing conditions (hello we are in the deep end of the immuno-compromised pool here people). When I voiced my concern and recommendation we cancel, I was told the plan was to "just wear masks while we are all together and eat in shifts". My grandmother also told me "her cleaning lady got COVID and said it was just like a cold" - which really makes my blood boil as a public health professional 😫.

Yeah no, we won't be attending and I am sure it will cause ALL THE DRAMA. I'm frustrated and am done with it but also concerned for my loved ones and the danger they are putting themselves in. 
  • @jaxalia I'm so sorry you're going through all that! It's so hard to be put in the middle of things and asked to choose between safety and keeping the peace. How is your sister doing now? 
  • @baby_yoda1986 I can’t use the regular scented detergent- it triggers migraines. I’m sorry you couldn’t find the kind you wanted. 

@jynjer3 missing/messed up food is the worst! I have gone back the where I’ve got the food before crying (wtf hormones?!?) because of both missing and messed up orders when I was pregnant with my DD. 

@jaxalia I’m sorry you are in that position. I hope no one else gets sick and that your sister feels better soon. 
  • My MIL is making me crazy. She tried to force herself into coming up to our house on Xmas Eve because if “tradition” and never mind the pandemic. She also insisted that I’m basically a big kid and can’t wait/force people to open gifts early because I’m impatient. 🙄🙄
  • I know it's no longer Tuesday, but the lab where orders for betas what's sent. I'm sure the orders said lab and progesterone with repeat labs in 48 hours. Well I get there this morning and they say they don't have any orders. They probably put in the order and then got rid of them after my plans on Monday, so I called the Dr and left a voicemail. Hoping I don't have to start over.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Ugh that stinks @Kenneylynn3! Were they initial or repeat betas? Hopefully your doctor calls soon. If they’re like my doc, they like to wait until 5pm to call 🙄
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @emmylou78 they were repeats. And thankfully the doctor office called shortly after they opened and sent them in. Hopefully they will count even though they were taken 49 hours later.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Kenneylynn3 that's so annoying! I'm sorry that happened. It should be fine if it's a little longer because they can still calculate the doubling time 
  • @Kenneylynn3 Same thing happened to me.  I showed up at 6am to the lab to be first in line and when I got in there they didn't have an order because they screwed up the first one I'm sure.  I had to call the doctor's office and they tried faxing it over later that day but the fax wasn't working.  Mine was finally done 3 days after instead of 2 and it was fine.  They can do the calculations to figure out how much it went up in that time and if it's correct.

• Thanks ladies! I got in at 9:30a and got my results tonight at 6:30p. They were over double, so now I'll be calling my Dr office on Monday to see what the next steps are. I was tired of waiting and called to schedule my first two appts at 8 and 13 weeks but neither have an ultrasound yet. Hopefully when I talk to the nurse on Monday I can get one scheduled.