Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:  
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  
Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  
Upcoming appointments:  
How are you feeling?  
Rants/Raves:  
Questions:  
GTKY: Do you prefer cold? warm? to never leave your perfectly temperature controlled bubble?

Re: 🕎 Week 2 (5/8 - 5/14) Check-In w/o Dec. 14

• Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/8; 19+2
    FTM/STM/STM+:  STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue x2
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  a dollar bill
    Upcoming appointments:  Early glucose, thyroid check, and OB check up tomorrow
    How are you feeling?  Decent. Nausea seems to finally be going away. Still feel it occasionally throughout the day and I haven't given up zofran, b6, or unisom yet but I didn't have to suck on a peppermint all weekend! I'm still keeping some around just in case though.
    Rants/Raves:  Rant: I've already ranted about this in last week's weekly randoms but I have two packages shipped USPS that have disappeared from tracking and both are Christmas gifts. Hopefully the turn up this week! I know USPS has been wrecked this year especially with COVID impacting everything but it's still frustrating. 
    Questions:  Nope.
    GTKY: Do you prefer cold? warm? to never leave your perfectly temperature controlled bubble? I prefer somewhere between cold and warm but don't like extremes of either. I hate going outside in the summer here because you instantly start sweating and the humidity is like a giant soggy cloud sitting on your body.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 5/14, 18+3
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: An artichoke, or the red stapler from Office Space (one of my fave movies!)
    Upcoming appointments: 12/30, 20 wk a/s
    How are you feeling? Great. No symptoms, got in a lot of movement over the weekend, didn't gain weight last week (?!) and just enjoying this little belly and break from the crazy exhaustion and food aversions.
    Rants/Raves: Rave - a recruiter from one of the two companies I wanted to move to next reached out last week! (This is a different company from the start-up CEO I had mentioned - unfortunately, they aren't hiring any more folks in my role until next year). I start the interview process tomorrow. 🤞🏽Fingers crossed, would be a dream move.
    Questions: NATM. * I am wondering when I'll feel baby move with my anterior placenta, but not worried about it for several more weeks. I think 24 wks is the latest it would be before having concerns.
    GTKY: Do you prefer cold? warm? to never leave your perfectly temperature controlled bubble? Prefer warm 1000%. I'm a Florida baby that loves seasons but hates snow & cold unless I'm a) skiing or b) can enjoy it just looking at it from a well-heated indoors. V v excited about the big snowstorm we're set to get midweek 'cause it's a nice change of scenery while WFH!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ec1212 yay for an interview! Re: anterior placentas and movement: when my OB first told me my placentas were anterior (I think that was around 12 weeks?) she said that usually anterior placentas will move by around 20 weeks and when I went for my 16 week scan, one had moved and one was still anterior so she said it would probably be 20+ weeks before feeling one baby move but I could start feeling the other sooner. So hopefully by 20 weeks your placenta will move out of the way but since you're a FTM, it could still be later when you feel movement. Obviously not everyone is the same but for some anecdotal info, I don't think I felt movement with my first until 22-23 weeks (and that was without an anterior placenta) and a friend of mine whose placenta stayed anterior for a while felt her first a couple of weeks after I did. 
  • Options
    @gusgus14 thank you! I'm more just jealous of all y'all who are already feeling your little bambinos. It's weird to know that he is moving around in there and that I just can't feel it yet. He could be having a dance party for all I know! 😂I am so excited to know what it's like! 
  • Options
    @ec1212 I'm still in the early phases of having to really pay attention to figure out if it's actual movement! But you'll get there. I'm super ready for the strong kicks and for DH and DD to be able to feel them but I'm sure once they're both kicking the crap out of me I might not feel the same lol.
  • Options
    Hey ladies! Week 1 poster here, we don’t have enough in our group. I’ve been hemming and hawing about what to do, so I hope you don’t mind if we join you next week! @ec1212 could you include wk 1 in you check in call next week? 😊

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @yellingbanana welcome!! I’ve been anxiously awaiting your arrival! Yes, will include next week!
  • Options
    ❤️ Thanks @ec1212

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19w2d
    FTM/STM/STM+:  STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Team Blue!
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  a Pint of Ice Cream
    Upcoming appointments:  Next Monday is my anatomy scan!
    How are you feeling?  I'm feeling pretty good! Random aches and pains and not sleeping great if I don't take a benadryl or unisom.
    Rants/Raves:  I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping! Woot Woot!
    Questions:  Not at the moment!
    GTKY: Do you prefer cold? warm? to never leave your perfectly temperature controlled bubble? I love temperature control, but if I had to choose a climate to live in, it would be warm!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Welcome @yellingbanana !!!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19w
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Team green! 
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  a mango! 
    Upcoming appointments:  anatomy scan next Monday (yay @texas_t we have it on the same day!) 
    How are you feeling?  I’m feeling oddly good and I don’t like it lol. I keep talking about this but I cannot get comfortable while sleeping on my side. It’s getting terrible. Hip pain is waking me up multiple times per night, more pillows and snoogle aren’t helping. I’m at a loss and don’t know how I’ll manage. Ugh. 
    Rants/Raves:  I hate sleeping while pregnant! 
    Questions:  Any tips on pillow configurations? 
    GTKY: Do you prefer cold? warm? to never leave your perfectly temperature controlled bubble? I prefer warm, like no warmer than 70 and low humidity. It’s hard to find that! 
  • Options

@ccmrc143 can you sleep like F? I am uncomfortable sleeping directly on my side like A but I can still sleep like F or H without feeling like I’m squishing the baby. Kind of like partially on your side, partially on your tummy but your knee stops you from laying directly on your tummy. 
    I googled this picture so I wouldn’t need to attempt to explain this sleeping position 😂 but honestly G is a good idea too.
  • Options
    brynn_mamaof4brynn_mamaof4 member
    edited December 2020
    @ccmrc143 those two are exactly how I sleep too! I’ve had 7 hip surgeries so it is tough for me to get comfortable, but those are great for me.. partially on side, a little on belly without squishing! I used to be a back or stomach sleeper but it’s getting too uncomfortable to lay on my back unfortunately. 
  • Options
    @ckmb_1250 wow that is so helpful! I definitely think F-H would be comfortable for me and would help me avoid ending up on my back. That’s been the main issue is my hip hurts so badly that I roll over, and I know back sleeping is a no no at least by the third trimester. Happy to hear those positions work for you too @brynn_mamaof4 ! For once in weeks, I actually look forward to going to bed tonight! Thank you!!! 
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 hope it worked last night! Feeling stuck in one sleeping position is the worst!