July 2021 Moms

Product Spotlight 12/09: Car Seats

Today in our Product Spotlight Series we have CARSEATS to discuss! This is an item practically everyone will need before the baby is born, so let's get the research rolling!

Do you have specific carseat you love? Tips on scoring deals while remaining within safety guidelines? Travel systems you do or do not recommend? Opinions on different carseats for different stages vs. adjustable ones that can last until your child is 27? FTM questions about fitting these monstrosities into your cars? Please share!

Prior and Upcoming Product Spotlights

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: Product Spotlight 12/09: Car Seats

• I'm just going to copy my other post :smiley:

We used a nuna pipa for DS. 

For me, living in a city (and on the 4th floor with no elevator at the time), the most important factors was lightweight and easy to install in different cars. Nuna pipa was it for me as you can install with only a seatbelt and it only weighs 8lbs. Plus since it uses merino wool, it also doesn't use chemicals. Absolutely loved it so much. DS HATED the bassinet of the stroller so we used our car seat on our stroller instead and it was perfect.

We just got a nuna tres for DS as he needs a bigger carseat and I love this one too. Again, need similar things to above so this was one of the hardest to find - one that can use seatbelt install vs. needing a base for bigger sizes. I was thrilled when I found this one. It lasts from birth until he no longer needs a seat. 

I'm really glad we had the infant seat though as it was a lifesaver for the stroller. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• We have the Graco bucket seat and the Graco 4-Ever convertible and we love both! The 4-Ever is a huge monstrosity of a car seat but it is kind of like a luxury recliner in that sense lol, DS is very comfortable in it.  We also have the Evenflo Symphony convertible which was fine, also very large - I'm sure we'll just keep that for second babe when they grow out of the bucket instead of buying another new one.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I need to get a new bucket seat this time around, as the one I used for my previous two is expired. I have an older City Select model, but I’m thinking of selling it along with my double BOB stroller to pay for a new travel system for this babe. 
  • We have the uppababy Mesa which we will continue to use, and will get a diono radian for the convertible so we can fit three across

• bntfroggiebntfroggie member
    edited December 2020
    @DuchessOfCambridge I've heard from several people who don't like the Radian.  We went with the Chicco My Fit and it's so easy I love it, the straps aren't hard to pull and she can even do it herself at 4.5

ETA the MyFit is also a narrow car seat option.

BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • @bntfroggie oh that’s too bad! We already have two of them and no issues

• @DuchessOfCambridge oh okay, no worries I just thought I'd mention, if they work they work :smile:
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • We have 3 diono radians. I like them. (Clearly). 

For infant we use Chicco key fit 30.