Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing/Treatment w/o 12/7

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas cookies to eat and/or bake?

Re: IF Testing/Treatment w/o 12/7

• laura-kaylaura-kay member
    edited December 2020
    Well - right now I’m just very frustrated.  We have our first IUI this morning and they forgot to reschedule us (from Tuesday to Monday as the doctor ordered, despite us calling the 24/7 doctor line for confirmation twice) and the time they told us for IUI was wrong - an hour wrong before the labs even opened. The lab is too far from home to go back and return, so at 6:15 in the morning (for totally non-morning people), we are heading to McDonalds and then waiting in the parking lot. 

Fun times.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @laura-kay ugh totally unnecessary stress! Enjoy your breakfast and FX for your IUI today!
    @gingermama29 yay for O!!!! We had to abstain until the trigger and it was so weird to not HIO at all in FW until we were told

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained, blocked tube (maybe?)

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): letrozole + TI

How are things going?: I have zero symptoms so I am the opposite of symptom spotting and basically feel out. I'll test on Wednesday and supposed to have my beta Thursday. 

Any questions?: so progesterone...if you aren't KU but taking progesterone will AF not show until you stop the progesterone? If so, how long does it take after you stop the progesterone for AF to come. Also does progesterone lower your sex drive? I'm usually pretty down to HIO even after FW but this TWW I have had no interest. Last night MH gave me the heads up that he wanted some, which I guess I appreciated because we have to HIO before I put in my suppository for the night but I was just not into it. I should probably call the RE and ask them these things!

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas cookies to eat and/or bake? My favorite are chocolate crinkle cookies or snow capped mountains as I called them as a kid. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krash_ I'm sorry you're feeling out this cycle already. I hope you're not though!! Chocolate crinkle cookies sound amazing!

@misshelen86 crossing absolutely everything for good news at your lining appointment on Friday and being able to go forward with your FET!! When would your FET be this month?
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited December 2020
    Hey friends! There was lots of good stuff going on with everyone last week! I’m sorry I just couldn’t keep up; I barely even had a chance to lurk, so finally caught up last night/catching up now. These comments below are in response to last week’s IF thread. 

@kiki047 Hooray that you are able to use this month for a mock cycle! FX that your lining responds well to your bag o’ tricks. I just love your RE.❤️ Re: your question about low-dose naltrexone: Yes, it’s popular in my FB group for Reproductive Immunology. I haven’t tried LDN but I can’t remember why. I think because some of the things @emmasemm mentioned, but especially that doctors aren’t sure when to wean off in PG. They seem unsure of its use. Also re: intralipids: I’ve done it several times. The treatment didn’t work for me, but now I believe it’s because my issues are at the DNA level and bigger than that treatment can solve. I encourage anyone to try intralipids because it is cheap, no side effects*, and it’s the go-to treatment (along with prednisone) when facing implantation or immune issues. Feel free to PM me with any questions. *The only side effect I’ve heard of is if you have an egg or soy allergy, then intralipids is not for you. 

@cleverusername Congrats on a great IUI! So so glad to hear about YH’s phenomenal sperm turnaround!😄 It’s amazing the things we all learn about each other here. (Ahem, “prime the pump”!) Also, really great info you shared. Re: your questions about Selenium & Vit.E: I take selenium but in the form of several Brazil nuts per day. I force MH to eat them too, great for sperm health. Just 1-3 nuts per day is the max dose. For Vit. E, the standard dose I’ve consistently heard is 400 (mg? IU?) per day in addition to whatever is in your prenatal. I haven’t heard of either of these causing hair to fall out. Mine was coming out in clumps in the shower too when I started all my immune meds. I stopped taking Metformin and the problem went away, thank goodness. Hope you’re able to figure it out! Hair loss is no fun. 

@gingermama29 Hooray that you finally ovulated! Your plan sounds smart to push that follow-up appointment back a few days. 

@chindimples04 I thought your mention of prolactin & details were warranted last week. I am wondering if your issue may not actually be IF (sorry, that sounds so rude to say given how hard it is to start participating here!). More explanation in spoiler. 
    *TW: Mention of BF
    Honestly, I’d think your BF situation is likely the reason you haven’t conceived yet. I grew up around tons of women who breastfed for more than a year with each baby. Almost no one ever got PG while still breastfeeding; this is why their kids were usually 2+ years apart—“nursing is nature’s birth control”. If I were you I’d push hard for the prolactin test or order it myself through another service. It’s a basic question of “Can you even conceive right now or is your prolactin too high due to BF”? Obviously, BF doesn’t keep everyone from being able to conceive, but more women don’t get PG while BF than those that do. 

@runningoncookies Thinking of you after the IUI TWW. Hope all is well! 

@misshelen86 FX that your lining is right where it should be on the 11th! Let’s not even entertain the thought of the cycle getting cancelled. It sounds like you’re doing everything right to get it to where it needs to be. Sending you hugs & hoping you can feel calm & confident this week.💗

@krash_ Agreed, progesterone suppositories are nasty. I skip betas when I get a negative at home, but the nurse & doctor have consistently told me to do the betas anyway in case of late implantation.🙄 And if AF shows I definitely don’t do betas. Also, if not KU, I still get AF even while on progesterone. It seems to delay it by a few days though.  

@laura-kay Just saying “Welcome!” And I hope you don’t have to be part of the IF thread for long. Hope the IUI went well today! 

Just for funsies, I wanted to answer the question from last week about favorite holiday scent: I was given a scented candle that smellEd exactly like a freshly cut Christmas tree. When it burned all the way down after a few Christmases, I went on a hunt for the same scent (of course the candle itself was a one-time promo that couldn’t be replaced.) It took several seasons, but I finally found the scent again last year and bought a few of the candles. Will light one today!❤️🎄🕯🌟 
  • I went very MIA last week. Details in the dailies but *TW death* DHs grandpa died after contracting COVID and it’s been very rocky navigating the after death arrangements. That was taking most of my brain space last week.

@laura-kay I hope you enjoyed your breakfast and your IUI goes off without any further hitches.
    @gingermama29 Yayy for ovulation! And congrats following the drs orders. I’m sure that was difficult to stick to.
    @krash_ I’m sorry you are feeling stressed about the lack of symptoms. Hoping for great things this week for you.
    @misshelen86 I’m glad you have found meditation helpful. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that your lining is perfect and you can move forward with your FET! 
    @keikilove I honestly have no ideas at this point. I messaged my CNM after the bloodwork came back, asking for CD21 (7dpo) bw and she basically said I have no idea what that would tell you. She did say she would be willing to put in a referral to the fertility drs (honestly no idea what their title is outside of fertility dr 🤣). I may take her up on that offer just so I can continue with bw and hopefully getting some answers. **TW about my specific situation:
    From the research I have done, if BFing was causing an issue, it would likely manifest itself in lack of ovulation and high TSH levels, neither of which I have. I am in a specific FB group of other women in my same situation and many have been able to get PG without stopping BFing. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): testing

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): did CD3 be, looking into a referral to a fertility dr (that’s what the CNMs called it, so I don’t know the fancy term for it yet 🙈)

How are things going?: Kind of at a standstill until I can get the referral. Need to check with DH if he’s ready for/okay with this next step.

Any questions?: Not right now.

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas cookies to eat and/or bake? I like frosted sugar cookies with sprinkles. Boring but classic.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• *lurking*

@keikilove My RE wouldn't test my embryos because I only got three and she didn't want to risk losing them. So I don't think untested is a bad thing when you only have a few embryos. Also, and sorry if you've done this and I'm way behind, but have you considered doing a fresh transfer? I did a fresh transfer at day 2, which is super early, but my RE felt it would give the embryos their best chance. It might be something to consider. Again, I apologize if you've already discussed it with your RE, but I wanted to throw it out there in case you hadn't.
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited December 2020
    @ruby696 Thank you for your thoughtful input. It’s always so encouraging to be reminded that others have also had few embryos, like me, and have gone on to have success. I love it when you chime in :)
    My transfer in September was fresh. It ultimately didn’t work—but I hadn’t had LIT treatment back then. With the next egg retrieval in November (new doctor) we tried to grow them to test, to eliminate other reasons for losses. But later I read that the slow-developing Day 4 and Day 5s have a better chance of success with an immediate fresh transfer instead of trying to grow to Day 6. So this last time I did ask if we could do a fresh transfer, but she said No. I think it’s because I stimmed twice in one month & she wants to let my body get back to “normal” before attempting a transfer. Too many stimulating hormones in my body to have had a successful fresh transfer. 🤷‍♀️ 
    edited December 2020
    Diagnosis (if you've been): Unexplained infertility  

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Just finished my first IUI

How are things going?: I’m glad the first cycle is over and really hope that it worked!  I guess we will see in 2 weeks.  Seems like that is so far from now!  

If I don’t have AF by December 23rd, I’m supposed to go in for a pregnancy test.  If I get it before then (or if a test is negative), then I’ll need to either set up my baseline appointment immediately or skip it until the next month.  (The doctor said that there isn’t a need for us to wait a month in between treatments if this doesn’t work.  Earlier he said there needed to be a month in between.  I’m not sure what changed).   It will be tough around Christmas to start.  I’m hoping we won’t have to - and that we will have a wonderful Christmas gift!

I’ve started to get more concerned lately about COVID than I was earlier now that we are closer to (hopefully) having kids.  Before when it was just me, I wanted to be careful but wasn’t overly worried if it happened to hit me.  Now I keep thinking about potential cycles being canceled if I got COVID - or worse, any complications if I got pregnant and contracted it.  I’m still mulling things over with this.

Any questions?:  My dr didn’t prescribe me progesterone supplements.  Is that unusual?  I read online that most people have progesterone after the IUI.

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas cookies to eat and/or bake?  I love a lot of them.  Peanut butter blossoms though are one of my favorites.
  • @chindimples04 I’m so sorry to hear that about your DHs grandfather!

@misshelen86 Thinking of you as it gets closer to the 11th!  F/X!
  • @keikilove yep an all new cycle over here! I was super bummed about the bfn hpt last week, and ended up only updating in the dailies. But trying to pick myself back up and dust myself off for this cycle. I’m thrilled for you that all 3 embryos made it to day 3! FX that the one makes it to day 5 and you’ll have 3 good embryos waiting for you!
  • @runningoncookies I’m sorry to hear about last week’s disappointment. You’re right to dust yourself off and keep going—what else can you do? Hoping for you that this is really it! Thank you for the positive vibes.💗

@kiki047 Just saw this in my Reproductive Immunology group and thought of you regarding your question about Low-Dose Naltrexone. Sharing publicly in case it helps anyone else as well. 

• @krash_ for progesterone, I usually take my last dose on Day 13, but don't get AF until Day 18 (So, my LP is 17 days long.) But I've heard from others on this thread that they get their AF right after stopping progesterone. So, it depends on how quickly your body metabolizes it. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @inthewoods23 at my baseline u/s my RE insinuated that we would try injectables next and keep going with the IUI’s. My appointment is in a couple weeks so we will see what he says “officially” then! 
  • edited December 2020
    **Removed for TOU violation**
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• @runningoncookies Good luck with the baseline u/s! 

@inthewoods23 Of this doesn’t work, my next baseline u/s may be on Christmas Eve. I’m hoping we don’t have to do that but we are trying to be realistic about all possible outcomes.

I wrote to my doctor’s office about the progesterone and they said they would prescribe it if we got pregnant.  

@keikilove Great news about day 3 for the embryos!

@acleverusername Thanks for the link!  Checking it out now :)
  • @misshelen86 everything crossed for your lining tomorrow! I'll be watching for your update!
    @keikilove being on BC sucks but it's nice to just relax and enjoy you holidays and start refreshed in January! 
    @chindimples04 GL getting in with the RE. If you can't get the referral at a bare minimum you could switch to an OB. A CNM probably won't be able to request as much testing. The next steps if you bloodwork is normal would be a SA and HSG. 
    @laura-kay GL with your IUI! Re: progesterone, my progesterone isn't low but my RE prescribes progesterone to everyone on medicated cycles because he sees better results with it. It's great they will prescribe it if you get pregnant but if this isn't your cycle I would ask about them adding it after the IUI next cycle. 
    @inthewoods23 I'm on 50mg am/pm which doesn't seem like much. I haven't taken it yet today because I'm fairly certain my beta will be negative so hopefully AF doesn't take too long. 
    @acleverusername I admire your hard work trying to find all this information about trials! FX you don't need it!

Long winded update in spolier **tw mild mention of secondary IF**
    Context: I was considering taking next cycle off with Christmas coming up
    If you don't follow the TWW, BFNs for me. I went in this morning for a beta, just in case they were false negatives 🙄. Waiting for that to come back and AF to start. I asked the nurse if the Dr usually does a consult before the next cycle and she said I could try to get on his schedule for a consult but it likely wouldn't happen before my next treatment cycle so she offered to go through my chart with me. It was kind of a frustrating conversation. She first said typically women ovulate from every other side each cycle, unless you have more blood flow to one side making it dominant. I ovulated on my right last cycle so it's likely I might ovulate on the left next cycle in which case I might not want to lose that data with monitoring. To which she replied "well not necessarily." But you just said...and it felt like she was arguing with me. I know she can't guarantee I will ovulate on the left but you just said women typically alternate sides. I just don't think I want to miss a cycle on my definitely open side. Plus if I do ovulate on the right again I need that data because if I continue to ovulate on the right he will recommend a repeat HSG. 

My other concern was timing the monitoring around Christmas and us visiting my dad in WI. She said they will be closed Christmas day and they never do monitoring on the weekends so everyone will be in the same boat at the clinic. So we could need to do the trigger and TI at my dad's house but if my u/s before Christmas isn't ready for trigger they would just have me stay on the letrozole until after Christmas and come in for the second u/s on Monday.  I also inquired TI vs IUI and she said that because MH's SA was "mostly normal" & we have proven fertility together, an IUI wouldn't increase our chance of conceiving just eliminate one variable. 

My Q: does your RE typically do a consult or appointment after a failed cycle? I know medicated cycles aren't as much of an investment, of time or money, so it's not that necessary but I was expecting a quick meeting. She did say he reviews all the cycles and makes or changes his recommendations. 

*TW LC*

• @runningoncookies GL with the injectables if you go that route!

@krash_ wow 50mg am/pm seems low for what most prescribe, but I suppose they do that if you don't have a progesterone issue. Funny how progesterone is handled in so many different ways depending on the doctor. I think I've seen some here on 200mg 3x a day! I would definitely push for another HSG just to be sure it's not blocked. Fluid will take the path of least resistance so if your one side is much more open than the other, I can see how it would appear blocked because it has an easier time going through your left side. Plus, do they even try to direct the fluid towards each side to be sure? As for your Q - I didn't have any consults between IUIs/cycles as I could just move into the next one once AF arrived. We did have a "what's next" appointment after 3 IUIs to discuss moving to IVF. You could try requesting some time to speak with your doc when they call with your beta results. Or do you have an online portal where you can ask questions just to be sure you're on the same page as your doc?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • I'm finally getting around to doing a proper update for the week. But first, the tags: 

@gingermama29 I've already said it in the Dailies but I'm really happy you O'ed relatively early (you know, relative to your natural cycles). Pushing the consult with the doc makes sense, unless he was planning on doing 7DPO progesterone testing/check-up? 

@krash_ since your week has evolved, I'll just address the latest update. The nurse is right, it's possible that you have a dominant side. For me, it's definitely my right side. Before starting treatments, most of the ultrasounds I had had showed a dominant follicle on the right. Plus, when I did my ER in 2019, I had 11 follicle on my right and only 4 on my left. So, unfortunately, it's a science experiment and unless you monitor cycle after cycle, you won't know (unless you get O pains?) Regarding f/u with your RE after a failed cycle, it's fully within your rights to request one. For us, at our first fertility clinic, we had to pay $212 a pop each time we wanted to speak to the RE, so we just let the nurse give us instructions if they changed from cycle to cycle. With the new clinic, I can send a message to the RE via the portal and she's reply. But once again, having a face-to-face with her is $150. Finally, what kind of clinic are you at that they don't do monitoring on weekends?! That is bizarre. Christmas, I get... my clinic told me a while back that the latest IVF cycle start pre-Christmas is Dec 3, b/c the embryology lab is closed for Christmas. They resume ops on the 26th. I expect that the clnic itself will be open and the RE even said that another doctor covered Tnxgiving so she'll be on during Christmas. Also, normally, your clinic should be open for monitoring appointments during the weekend because especially for ppl doing IVF stims, your body doesn't just "take a pause" during the weekend. RE: IUI, I would have to agree with the nurse. All the research I've done shows that IUI is only beneficial if there's a male factor (not too bad; TMC has to be above 10M). If I recall, morphology was the only thing "off" for YH, but it that he still had normal shaped sperm.  

@misshelen86 oooh! I'm so excited for you! Keeping my fingers crossed, sending all of my prayers that lining check is OK tomorrow. Will eagerly await your update. Good for you re: daily meditation. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to line up a successful transfer cycle. At the end of the day, our own actions is the only thing we have control over; everything else is in God's hands. 

@keikilove so happy to see an update from you this week. It sounds like your life has been a real whirlwind for the past several weeks. I'm sorry your 2 pre-thanksgiving emryos didn't make it, but so happy that you have 2 in the freezer. I'm looking forward to your update on the last embryos they were trying to grow to day 5 FX. I can relate to the feeling of weirdness when there's nothing to do by wait fertility wise. You've spent so much time leading up to the DuoStim cycle researching, traveling, getting treatment, etc. and now your mind doesn't have anything to occupy itself with. I hope this feeling gets better and that you can even sneak in a natural cycle before a transfer in Jan! And speaking of the transfer, I really really really really really hope that those LIT treatments did the trick. Did you get more testing done re: its effectiveness? 

@chindimples04 I am so sorry about the family's loss. What a tragic thing to experience so close to holidays. I thing getting a referral to an RE is the right course of action. Until then, you can keep trying naturally as it sounds like your initial results are all good. 

@laura-kay I really hope that this cycle is it for you and you don't have to worry about figuring out baseline ultrasounds around Christmas. There really is no need to take a break between treatments; not sure why your RE told you something else initially. As for timing, yes, sadly for the past 4 months, MH and I have been unable to commit to any plans before it's always "this might be around the time we have a monitoring appointment or do an IUI so I can't confirm". That's the reality of fertility treatments; they take precedence over everything else. In terms of progesterone, what was your 7DPO progesterone test like? Mine was low hence why my doctors has me taking progesterone in luteal phase. If yours is fine, then it likely isn't necessary but it certainly doesn't hurt (except for giving you lots of PG-like symptoms like sore boobs / and discharge). Regarding COVID, I'm 100% with you. One more thing to worry about during a potential pregnancy until a vaccine is widely distributed. 

@runningoncookies good luck with Clomid. The higher dose _should_ help you react more quickly. Hopefully this will be the last cycle you need. Thank God YH is so loving during your Clomonster days. In terms of next steps, if it comes to that, something you may want to bring up is a combo IUI cycle (so Clomid/Letrazole and an injectable). There is far less of a chance of overstimulation / cycle cancellation with this type of treatment. NOTE: I have never had an RE "offer" this treatment to me at the outset. Even when I purchased the IUI course from FertilityIQ, it was not mentioned as a potential "in-between" step. I only found out about it via The Egg Whisperer and asked my doctor about it. So, I get the feeling that it's not part of the typical "next steps." Of course, I know you trust your RE so go with what he suggests, but I wanted to mention the combo cycle as it's unlikely to come up on its own. 

@inthewoods23 it's always nice when you pop by and offer your advice. I've been meaning to ask if you plan to return here, or just stick to the dailies for now. Are you continuing to try naturally or have you given more thought to doing a FET? 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• Diagnosis (if you've been): hypoandrogenic PCOS, MFI? (based on last week's IUI results, I don't think we have an IUI issue anymore, even though morphology was only at 2%) 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW (the longest ever)

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Combo IUI cycle + did some immunological testing; all clear. 

How are things going?: well, other than experiencing the longest TWW ever, I'm doing great. Haha. MH asked me this morning "do we know yet if we're KU'ed?" and I said "no; it's only 7DPO and the just the beginning of a potential implantation window." I think we're both hopeful for this cycles / anxious for my beta next Thursday. To keep myself busy, I'm investigating the research study that I've mentioned last week and above.

I also ended up joining Reddit's IF community though I don't think I'll be a frequent contributor there. Their rules are also somewhat different so keeping 2 sets of community rules in my head is a recipe for disaster. But I do find Reddit pretty informative in general and that's usually where I go whenever I need to crowdsource something. 

@keikilove thanks for answering my question re: Selenium and Vitamin E. This week I cut back on the Vit E dose to 400IU and also stopped Selenium until my order of 50mcg arrives (I figured that between a 200mcg supplement, plus 50mcg that's already in my PVN, and the selenium in food I eat, I was probably hitting the upper limit for the recommended max of 400mcg.) I have an appointment with my PCP next week to discuss the hair falling out; maybe it's something else altogether. 

Oh, last week I got all my NYC-specialist-ordered immunological tests done, and they just came back this morning (well, I got a copy of them through LabCorp); as far as I can tell, I don't have any autoimmunity issues. 

Any questions?: Not this week!

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas cookies to eat and/or bake? I eat chocolate, not cookies. LOL. Seriously though, Christmas baking was never a thing we did in my family growing up, so it's not something I do. I don't have a super sweet tooth; plus cookies make me gain weight, so it's easy enough to stay away. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @inthewoods23 when I had my HSG they did have me lean on my right side for a bit to encourage the contrast to go through that tube. I wonder if I do a repeat if I can just do the whole scan leaning to my right to try to encourage or unblock the right side. No portal, everything seems to be done through the nurses. This one guy has like 7 offices that he oversees patients so a lot falls on the nurses. 

@acleverusername they aren't open for monitoring u/s on the weekends. They still do inseminations so I would assume they would do IVF on the weekends. I think for medicated cycles they can control ovulation enough with lowering estrogen that they would rather just have you wait until Monday. Yes, MH morph was 10% so that was the only slight MFI that they noted. 

*TW LC*

• @krash_ Ugh so annoying that your RE doesn’t do monitoring on the weekends!! Mine is only open on Saturday mornings, but it’s been really nice to know that that’s available for me. And my RE hasn’t had me do a consult after either failed IUI cycle, but he did tell me that he’s not happy with the length of my Clomid cycles and wants to see me for a next steps appointment now (on the 3rd IUI). From talking with the nurses, it seems like I could’ve asked for a follow up consult at any point, but that he would likely want to try 3 cycles on Clomid before doing anything else. We did change the dosage each time based on my slow response so I know he definitely looked t the result from each cycle.

@acleverusername that is SUPER good information to have! I will definitely bring that up with my RE when I meet with him. That seems like a really logical stepping stone between protocols. I’m glad that it looks like your autoimmune results came back normal. I’m keeping my FX for you that this is your cycle!! I hope the TWW starts to move a little faster for you haha!
  • @keikilove I'm so happy to hear all of your embryos made it to day 3!! Sending positive vibes for them to keep developing!!

@chindimples04 so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs 💕

@runningoncookies I hope the increased dosage of Clomid isn't too rough on you. That sugar candy cane cookies sound so cute!

@krash_ ooh that's a hard decision about taking a cycle off. I can regiment understand your thinking though. 

@acleverusername no, my OB wasn't planning that check up. The appointment was to either confirm a pregnancy or plan out my next cycle. I was able to move it to Thursday if next week though which will have new at 12DPO. Hopefully we'll both get good news on Thursday!! Glad you don't have any autoimmunity issues. 
    edited December 2020
  • @acleverusername I don’t think they actually took my progesterone on cycle day 7.  I had some bloodwork beforehand though - so maybe that is where they got the levels?
  • @misshelen86 I'm so happy to hear about your lining! FX for you! 
    *TW LC*

• @misshelen86 this is the best news of the week! Yahoo!!!!!!!! Plus, you've got another week of lining growth! So so so so excited for you. 

(AFM, I'm going to try not to test until the Beta. FWIW, I don't feel pregnant. The SS isn't too bad either and I REALLY don't think itchy armpits are an early sign of pregnancy. 🤣)
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @misshelen86 omg I'm so happy for you!! Sending you all the positive thoughts and vibes for your transfer next week!!! ❤️
  • @misshelen86 YAY!!! I’m so so happy that your lining looked good! I hope everything goes perfectly next week!
  • @misshelen86 WooooHOOOOOO!!!! So happy that your body cooperated with all your efforts!🎊❤️ Your FET is so soon, how exciting! 

• Welp, speaking of lining, I requested a copy of the ultrasound reports from my clinic for our IUI round, and I learned that my lining on our Day 9 check was 3.91mm. 😭😭😭 Why didn't they tell me?! Should I even bother being hopeful for this cycle?
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername Well that SUCKS! Sorry they didn’t tell you. Keep the faith for this cycle, and ask them if they have any more info to share with you, such as the lining measurement on day of IUI. 
  • @acleverusername oh no! I’m sorry you’re just finding this out now. Is it possible it was a typo? I agree with @keikilove to touch base with the clinic and find out what the measurement was on IUI day. Please don’t lose hope.. people can and do get KU with a thin lining.
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @keikilove @misshelen86 I emailed the clinic asking _some_ of the questions. They actually didn't do an ultrasound on the day of the IUI. Ultrasound report shared in spoiler. I don't think it's a typo. :neutral: I know that ppl can still get pregnant even with thin lining, but I think 3.91mm is way too thin. Also, from Healthline: 
    Your doctor will likely give you the go-ahead to do the shot when your follicles reach between 15 and 20 millimeters in size and when your endometrium (uterine lining) is at least 7 to 8 millimeters thick. But individual specifications vary among physicians.

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022