December 2020 Moms

Need input on name dilemma

So we are expecting our second boy in about 4 weeks. I’ve always loved the classic names. Our first in Benjamin (goes by Ben) and I would love to do Charlie for our next boy but my first name is Carley and I’m wondering if it’s too close to Charlie/will be annoying for others? I personally wouldn’t care but my husband brought it up and now I’m hesitant to keep it as a front runner. Thoughts? 

Other names on our list:
Harrison/Harry
William
Theodore/Teddy

Thanks friends! 

Re: Need input on name dilemma

• @cmj88 I would say it probably would be a bit much at first, but it's the kind of thing you adjust to over time.

My sister is married to "Corey" and her first son is "Cody" and their dog is "Gordy" so it was a lot for everyone at first, but by 2+ years I think it was less cumbersome.

That said, I love your other name options! They are ones we've ruled out mostly because our last name is so long that we need a short first name.
    image     image
  • It'll be ok,  I think to use the name similar to yours,  we have a Beau and a Jo,  and most of the time everyone knows who we are talking to or about because of context.  I do think Wiiliam would go good with Ben as well.  Will and Ben. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Loading the player...
  • I personally love Teddy! But you go with whatever you like, don't worry about what anyone else will think honestly.
  • My name is Emma and we named our son Emmett...and honestly didn’t notice how close they were until we were invested in his name. People rarely even comment on it.
  • My son’s name is Benjamin as well :) Our #1 choice last time was Charlie, but MIL had a major issue with it (which once she finally disclosed, was legitimate and prevents us from using it in good conscience), but if not for that he probably would have been a Charlie. I also love Teddy! We considered William for a middle name for #2 (still undecided on it for now), so I think those are all great options!

We didn’t decide on our son’s name until our second day in the hospital after he was born... with our top name choice rules out, and being uncertain about our second choice, the name Benjamin just sort of came to us after we got to know him a bit... it hadn’t really even been in discussion before then! So moral of the story is you have time, and can always wait until you meet him and see how it feels :)
  • My name is autumn and i used to date a guy named Adam. 🤷‍♀️
  • cmj88 said:
    So we are expecting our second boy in about 4 weeks. I’ve always loved the classic names. Our first in Benjamin (goes by Ben) and I would love to do Charlie for our next boy but my first name is Carley and I’m wondering if it’s too close to Charlie/will be annoying for others? I personally wouldn’t care but my husband brought it up and now I’m hesitant to keep it as a front runner. Thoughts? 

Other names on our list:
    Harrison/Harry
    William
    Theodore/Teddy

Thanks friends! 
    I personally like the name William & Teddy, But it is just my thought.