May 2021 Moms

It's a......? (Girl? Boy? Velociraptor?)

texas_ttexas_t member
edited October 2020 in May 2021 Moms
Tell us what you found out or tell us that you're not finding out! Add details in the comments!

*Loss 8/2014*
*Rainbow 8/2015*
*Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
*Loss of Twin 5/2018*

It's a......? (Girl? Boy? Velociraptor?) 17 votes

It's a Girl!
11% 2 votes
It's a Boy!
64% 11 votes
Team Green!
23% 4 votes

Re: It's a......? (Girl? Boy? Velociraptor?)

• Loading the player...
  • I will probably get a gender scan around 18 weeks. I have a feeling it will be a boy. 
  • I guess I have to wait to do the poll. We're waiting for the anatomy ultra sound. I hope it happens before Christmas. I'll be 18 weeks then. 
  • @audmomout Well, there's about a 20% chance Sneak Peek is wrong!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t True! But we're not going to let the toddler know that  :D
  • @audmomout I had mixed emotions too when we found out this baby is a girl. I know DS would love a brother and we have all the boy stuff so it would just be easier, but I'm so excited for a little girl too. Boys are so fun though, you guys are going to love having a boy! 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @yellingbanana :D I first opened this thread on my phone, and wasn't paying to much attention to the name of thread name. All I saw was the very top of the ultrasound, and my first thought was oh, no texas_t seemed so cool, how is she one of those people who askes internet strangers to guess gender based on a 12 week ultrasound.
  • @mrosek91 omg you made me lol!!!!!  WELLLLLL???? tell me, based on nub theory, is it a male or female velociraptor?  :D
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @yellingbanana Sine I won't know for a while, If velociraptor was a choice in the poll I'd choose it  :D

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @ckmb_1250 You're going to make us wait until tomorrow!!!!??? lol
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @mimser that’s so exciting!! I feel like I saw some boy pieces at my last ultrasound, but I could be wrong. I get gender results on Monday, they said between 7-10 days, but apparently 12 days is what I get. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @mimser did you do the blood work too or just waiting for the 20 week?

@ckmb_1250 and @Lady Leigh can't wait to hear!! 
  • @spartan4life we'll confirm at the 20 week scan!
  • I love seeing all your gender announcements!! As of now, we’re team green! But I have a question for you all. Part of the reason I want it to be a surprise is that I know I’ll be a little sad if it’s a boy :( I want a girl so badly. I wish this was not the case, as of course I just want a healthy baby, but it’s the truth. So my thought is if we wait till birth, and it’s a boy, I will be so incredibly happy in that moment to have my baby that I still be less sad about not having a girl. And I’ll be too focused on baby to think about the disappointment. Did anyone else wait for the surprise while knowing you might be upset one way or the other? @samd6 maybe you were hoping for one over the other with your son? For those who had some disappointment finding out gender ahead of time, do you think having time to process is valuable or do you wish you’d waited till birth to find out? 
    (Also sorry if this should be in another thread! I wasn’t sure.) 
  • @ec1212 🤣🤣🤣 

The only thing can keep me not wondering about my babies gender, is being excited about hearing everyone else's. 
  • @ccmrc143 I think it’s easier to know ahead to plan the room and clothes. I was at the store the other day and saw some adorable baby clothes, both boys and girl ones. But I couldn’t get any because I don’t know yet. They didn’t have any gender neutral clothes either. Plus you can prepare yourself emotionally! But it is true that either way, when your baby is born, the love is like no other (no offense DH!). 

• @ckmb_1250 congratulations ❤️❤️ !!! 

• @ckmb_1250 woo hoo!! Congrats!